Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I had my pre-op appointment with the "wonderful" pre pictures (I will get copies after the post surgery pictures) I am getting the bat wings lopped off and a 360 belt abdominoplasty on the 21st. I am excited to get rid of the extra skin. Hoping I will loose a few pounds with the surgery since my weight loss stopped a year ago.

Before anyone asks: the surgery cost 15K. I paid cash. My plastic surgeon is Dr Todd Case MD in Tucson AZ and I have been very impressed with the care so far.

That is so exciting! Wishing you the best.

That is very exciting! I am sure you will love your results. Of the plastics procedures I have had, my arms and the 360 lift made the biggest impact...I don't mind the boobs either, lol, but the flat stomach is far and above my favorite result. Wishing you a fast and easy recovery!

How exciting! Congrats!

Congratulations - I am sure you will love your results. I had all that done (and more) and love mine. I am still so grateful every day!

One thing about losing more weight - I thought I would lose, but didn't. She cut off about 12 pounds total, and a year later, my weight is the same as it was before plastics. I had some areas that were slow to heal so I had to increase calories for about 6 months. I can only surmise I've actually gained the same amount that was removed. I think most people do lose more, though.

Wow, how exciting! I am just starting to research more about plastics.

I am 25lbs from goal and of course want to maintain that for a while before moving forward but I have huge bat wings, lots of extra skin at tummy, thighs and of course my butt and boobs are literally gone.

I have to figure out how I will pay for this surgery so I want to get some idea of how it will all work.

My number 1 priority is my arms, they keep me from so many clothing choices.

Good luck to you! I hope all goes well and you love your results!

so excited for you!! Look forward to the updates :)

Can't wait to hear how it all goes. Good luck! My arms are my biggest issue. Yes, belly is, but that can at least be hidden by clothes. I've found a new love of tank tops this summer and my arms may knock someone out! :)

Edited by Graciesmom04

Good Luck!!!

Awesome cant wait till I get to that point

I have a question about plastics - I read somewhere that you are supposed to wait 12-18 months after your weight has stabilized to do surgery. That is so long! How long have people actually waited?

Good Luck wish it was me I keep hoping that when I am done losing everything well tighten up???? I know better but can wish I doubt that as I am retired I will be able to afford . But I well have to get there first 8 weeks out 45 lbs. off I continue to work at it daily.I am happy to have had the surgery I don't let anyone put it down because my health has improved alot.

I have been the same weight for over a year. The lowest I got post sleeve was 150 then the weight loss stopped and slowly worked back up to 160. The highest regain was 167 but I seem to stabilize at 160. When I go have the fat vs muscle weight check I have gained muscle mass and lost fat. They say I "only have about 15 lbs of fat to loose". So I decided it was time for the skin removal surgery.

I have a question about plastics - I read somewhere that you are supposed to wait 12-18 months after your weight has stabilized to do surgery. That is so long! How long have people actually waited?

Hi!

Some doctors have their own requirements as far as how long you have to be at a stable weight before plastics. My doctor wanted 3-6 months and truly closer to 6. She weighs patients teach visit too. Last year I had been at 160 for over 6 months then decided I wanted to drop more. So I did and now go between 130-135lbs.

I had a lower body lift 8 weeks ago today. It hasn't been an easy recovery. I still have a minimum of 4 weeks official recovery to go. I'm waiting for the green light to start light cardio but I have 2 areas on my incision that opened up. They're healing but cardio would cause excess friction. My dr would not do other procedures w the lower body lift and after having it I'm grateful that she didn't. I'll get arms and boobs don't next year.

I will say, even though I'm still swollen the results are amazing and make me cry. It's worth it all to see myself the way I always imagined I could be.

Good luck!!

Holly

Thanks for sharing- 6 months I can do! Post some pics when you are healed!!