Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else having surgery at a young age?

I'm 26 and am scheduled for surgery the 21st of this month, beginning my liquid diet Monday ???? hehe best of luck!! ❤

Good luck to you too! ????????????

I had my surgery at 20! I'm now 24 if you have any questions feel free to MSG me :) I had lap band surgery though.

That's awesome! I definitely might send you some questions!

surgery in 20's? - connect with individuals who made this decision at a young age

http://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/413-twenties/

follow the link for "specific ages"

best of luck youngun

envious i didn't have sleeve at your age

wasn't available that long ago

good luck

kathy

surgery in early 20's?

@@MickeyMax95

i was 27 years old (30 years ago) :o

i had sleeve at 57 years OLD

now i am 61 year YOUNG

luving my sleeve

living a healthier, happier life

good luck

kathy

I'm also 20 and a little over a month post-op! Aside from the first few days after surgery, everything has been super smooth and easy and I feel almost 100% like myself again now. The good thing about being young is that we typically heal more quickly :) it was scary because I have so much of my life ahead of me to live with this permanent decision, but from the post-op side I can definitely tell you that it's a great decision you're making (even if it doesn't seem like it the first few days after). I'm super happy I followed through with it. Good luck! :)

Hi! I'm only 18 years old and I have my RNY surgery in about two weeks! I'm looking for people my age to communicate with and follow their journey. Good luck! :)

We should get in contact with each other! I'm so happy that I'm not the only one making this decision as a young adult. ????

I'm also 20 and a little over a month post-op! Aside from the first few days after surgery, everything has been super smooth and easy and I feel almost 100% like myself again now. The good thing about being young is that we typically heal more quickly :) it was scary because I have so much of my life ahead of me to live with this permanent decision, but from the post-op side I can definitely tell you that it's a great decision you're making (even if it doesn't seem like it the first few days after). I'm super happy I followed through with it. Good luck! :)

Thank you for sharing! It makes me feel better about this decision. ????

Hi I'm 26 almost 27 and will hopefully having sleeve surgery this week or next week depending on how much weight I lost between now and then

I wish I was afforded to do this surgery a lot younger than I am.

Hey there:)

I was banded at 19, and now at 24 I am in the process of sorting out plans to get sleeved!

Everyone I knew who had WLS all told me how lucky I was and how they wished they could of had this surgery at my age, too. You are making such a great decision, girl!

I'm not in my 20s. However, if I was having all of the health related issues I have now in my 20s it would've been a no-brainer. Good luck to you on your journey.