Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

protein intake and weight loss connection ! please advise

And make sure you get your liquids!

Did they give you any kind of post-op food plan? Did they give you a Protein target?

I had the sleeve, but think the post-op food plan is similar in the first four weeks for bypass.

By week four I was on soft mechanical foods. Basically everything from the clear liquid, full liquid, soft food, plus soft fish and chicken (canned chicken, tuna, salmon, etc.). salad was not anywhere on this list.

I have a Protein target of 100 grams a day. My goal for fluids is at least 64 oz.

Google Bariatric Center of Excellence bariatric manual and you should see some good program guides with food plans.

they didn't do anything and now i am almost 2 month post op i only lost around 17 kilos ! that's too low i am getting crazy !! now i only lose 1 kilo per week !

@@Reem Ashraf - which surgery did you have? I am not sure if the books that they offer on here have the nutrition info you need. I haven't read them yet. However that might be a good place to start.

i had a gastric bypass

I am three months out and still supplement my food with Protein. I make sure to have a lot of variety. chocolate and vanilla whey powder and Silk (or coconut milk) with a couple frozen strawberries blended in. Pro-ti has a nice variety of drinks, not shakes, such as lemonade, strawberry and kiwi, and orange as well as very tasty low sugar bars. unjury is good but I burned out in them by week 4. I find the key is to have a variety ready, including shakes, drinks, and bars as well as boiled eggs, precooked grilled chicken and Jerky. I get my 60mg+ every day and have lost 90 pounds since surgery.

so the idea is the Protein that's it ! i don;t get the 60 per day i now can't handle shakes or even yogurt with high protein i also don't eat Breakfast i only eat once a day i don't want to eat more i even can't handle more than once i so pissed of since the surgery which was on the 27th of july i lost 37 pounds i am so mad of myself don't know what to do

Where do you get all of these protien liquid? please send me some names they told me to make sure his high protien for losing weight so please let me know to get them.?

i live in the UK so basically i hardly find the prepared shakes but tesco have some if you live here either than that i bought

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% whey from Amazon in strawberry flavor and i can't stand even the smell

I am three months out and still supplement my food with Protein. I make sure to have a lot of variety. chocolate and vanilla whey powder and Silk (or coconut milk) with a couple frozen strawberries blended in. Pro-ti has a nice variety of drinks, not shakes, such as lemonade, strawberry and kiwi, and orange as well as very tasty low sugar bars. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury is good but I burned out in them by week 4. I find the key is to have a variety ready, including shakes, drinks, and bars as well as boiled eggs, precooked grilled chicken and Jerky. I get my 60mg+ every day and have lost 90 pounds since surgery.

so the idea is the Protein that's it ! i don;t get the 60 per day i now can't handle shakes or even yogurt with high protein i also don't eat Breakfast i only eat once a day i don't want to eat more i even can't handle more than once i so pissed of since the surgery which was on the 27th of july i lost 37 pounds i am so mad of myself don't know what to do

You can't possibly do well post-op if you only eat once a day. That is a recipe for disaster. You have to eat Breakfast. Even if you don't want to eat you just have to do it.

The way I understand my surgeon's instructions, you should consume no more than 20-25 grams of protein at a time. So for me, that means I need to eat at least four to five times a day to reach 100 grams. That can be 3 meals and 2 Snacks.

Inner surfer girl I have to disagree. Yes you should get as much Protein as you can with regular foods but if you stick with 3 meals and 2 Snacks and 2-3 oz it's virtually impossible to get without grazing constantly. A shake or other Protein Fluid is just about a must

It can be done. I am not saying you can't use supplements, but that you don't necessarily have to.

Not everyone has access to Protein shakes and supplements like we do in the U.S.