Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Hungry, Last Doctor Appt, Not enough Protein :-/

Alright,

So I am having some difficulty these last two weeks and I thought it was just a fluke for a few days but I haven't gotten my appetite back and I log my food onto my food journal at the end of each week off of my fitness pal and I just realized that even though I am consuming foods that I am under 600 calories almost every day.

I am getting in my extra Protein bar and Protein shake for the additional Protein as my doctor suggested but I am just not even hungry to eat. My last appointment where I get my surgery date is September 11, I don't want to go in and tell them that I have lost my appetite completely and them want to push my date back or something to go wrong not only that but I don't want to be unhealthy either.

I am eating foods with those 600 calories, but for instance it is A LOT of vegetables such as raw green peppers, celery, sugar snap peas ( I can eat these no issues raw and eat a few and am set for a while). When I drink my Water as I am suppose to do, I am just not hungry to eat any actual food.

Any suggestions would help me.

Thank you in advance!

I have to eat frequently throughout the day even if I am not hungry in order to get in all of my Protein. I also eat protein first and only eat vegetables and fruit after I eat my protein if I still have room. If you are able to eat all those vegetables then you should have no problem getting enough protein. You just have to commit to do it. Try setting reminders on your phone if you need reminders to eat.

@@Trisha213 Am I correct that you are having trouble getting in enough food pre-surgery? That pre-surgery, you are eating only 600 calories a day? You are eating lots and lots of veggies, and that you are getting filled up?

That is an extremely low calorie load for someone pre-surgery. I understand your concern. I think a call to your nutritionist or doctor would be wise, or even a visit if possible. With such a low calorie level, you need to ensure that you are getting in enough Vitamins, and that there is not some other thing going on.

If you are eating this low number of calories under your doctor's supervision and with their OK, that's one thing. But if you are eating this few calories and the doctor doesn't realize it, that could be an issue.

This seem so unusual for someone pre-surgery--600 calories/day pre-op would have had be eating my own arm off. I worry about you feeling this way now for two reasons:

1) if your diet now is mostly raw veggies-- you probably won't tolerate those too well for some time after surgery. Seems like you need to get your diet on par with foods you will be eating in the weeks post-op.

2) I'm never hungry post-up, and it is a chore to eat. I think I've developed somewhat of an apathy towards eating/food. I'm still getting my Protein in but some days I really have to force myself cause I'd be perfectly fine w/o eating. I'm not sure how you'd manage post op if you are feeling this way pre-op.

What can you do to 'shake-up' your menu? Do you have to do a pre-op diet as well?

I spoke to the dietician today and she suggested that I tried to shake up my meals and have dinner instead of Breakfast where I eat your going to love this.... A piece of pie and 6oz of chicken and a veggie of my choice for my first meal to jump start my day tomorrow and she wants me to check in with her a few times throughout the day.

Yes, I am pre-surgery and my calorie count is very low but for today so you do not think I am starving myself for instance I've posted all the foods here for you I know what it's like to read about someone not getting the right foods

Breakfast: 1/2 grapefruit and 1/2 whole wheat English muffin

Snack: sugar snap peas and a chocolate chip pure Protein bar

Lunch: sweet summer kale salad

Snack: 1/2 green pepper and 4 celery stalks with a to go Peanut Butter cup

Dinner: curried chicken salad

Snack: peach and Protein Shake

I had more than my share of calories :) I think I was just going through a faze for a few days and freaked myself out!!!!