Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UK forum users

I got my surgery postponed too and it really hurt. I am terrible at waiting, its been a problem all my life. The hospital had its Bariatric procedures reviewed and I had to wait a extra 5 weeks. What can you do ? Nothing but wait. It passed very slowly. I really feel for you. As every week passed I would torture myself by thinking - I could have been at this stage now ..... ! Have some meals out and take a ways and enjoy every mouthful.

I’m booked for sleeve surgery in Turkey in October, so I’ve a long wait. I’m moving house in August so need to get that done first. Anyone else been to Turkey? I’m not overly worried about going to Turkey just the travel home and how il be after anaesthetic. I tend to be weepy and depressed after it.

On 3/30/2022 at 6:49 PM, Nikki@50 said:

Awe no! I'm gutted for you. Try to think that it's only a four weeks until May and it will soon be here. Sending you a hug xx

Sent from my SM-G980F using BariatricPal mobile app

On 3/31/2022 at 1:15 PM, summerseeker said:

I got my surgery postponed too and it really hurt. I am terrible at waiting, its been a problem all my life. The hospital had its Bariatric procedures reviewed and I had to wait a extra 5 weeks. What can you do ? Nothing but wait. It passed very slowly. I really feel for you. As every week passed I would torture myself by thinking - I could have been at this stage now ..... ! Have some meals out and take a ways and enjoy every mouthful.

Thanks Nikki & Summerseeker 🙂

I'm also not great at waiting, so have had to give myself a bit of a talking to! I'm staying off instagram as it was making me do exactly what you said summerseeker - I was thinking, oh if my surgery had gone ahead, this or that would have happened by now!

I'm giving myself a couple of weeks to chill out, then will get back into some good eating patterns for a couple of weeks and then it will be LRD diet time (again!!). Trying to stay positive, and hope for third time lucky😂.

Hi all hope you all get it done soon I waited for 6yrs all in all 4yrs then covid it I'd had two pre ops and needed a third got my phone call last July to say it was going ahead in August talk about run round having bloods and ecg's and then I needed an Iron infusion on the Thursday before I had it done on the mon but I wouldn't change a thing feeling good

Hi everyone, I’m new here so please be patient if I’m repeating things ! Had my sleeve on March 15th, just moving from liquid to purée but I’m struggling the last few days. I’m trying not to weigh myself every day but I think I’m obsessed and weighed this morning - have put nearly two pounds on since Saturday ! I’m not cheating, trying to get Fluid and Protein in as best I can. What’s happening ? Help !

2 hours ago, fugic09 said:

What’s happening ? Help !

Many possible explanations - none matter. You're moving from liquids to purees - you're losing fat each and every day. Stay off the scale.

Hi everyone. I’m so glad I’ve found this forum. I’ve just had my sleeve on 4th April so nearly a week ago.

Currently struggling with my liquid intake, I get terrible wind pains when drinking. Any hints or tips and is this normal?

1 hour ago, Charlie1810 said:

Hi everyone. I’m so glad I’ve found this forum. I’ve just had my sleeve on 4th April so nearly a week ago.

Currently struggling with my liquid intake, I get terrible wind pains when drinking. Any hints or tips and is this normal?

Hi Charlie, congrats on the sleeve. I had the same problem for 7 weeks, I had some swelling and struggled to get liquids down in any amount. Try warm drinks, warm milky coffee and tea, Bovril and oxo are good. Cold shakes and ice lollies, Britvic Tomato juice really helped me, its sugar free and 47 cals for 250mls. All count towards your quota and some days I only managed 1/3rd of this, it gets better in time. Now at 4 and a half months I can take 2 gulps at a time. Is it wind pain or are you taking large gulps, take tiny sips. I have Wind relief tablets from Boots that are great at calming excessive burping type wind. Just do the best you can every day and you will get there. You are still healing. I found my team at Spire were very helpful, call yours if you need reassurance

Edited by summerseeker
spelling

Hi Charlie well done on your OP now your on a way to a new you seeker said keep your fluids up by just sipping and protien drinks

Hi Charlie,

I had my op on the 24th of March at Bristol Spire, I find warm drinks are far easier to drink and I also enjoy an ice cold sugarfree tip top. I'm still burping though, it's because our stomachs are still a bit stiff after surgery and they will eventually relax again. I struggle to take all the effervescent meds, they taste dreadful and make me feel sick! I'm now at the mashed stage but can't wait for real food [emoji1787][emoji23]

Hi Charlie,

Great news on the op ! I had my sleeve March 15th so coming up for four weeks, I had bad wind pains too - keep sipping fluids, peppermint tea was good but the difference for me was walking ! Only up and down the lounge to start with but it really helped, good luck xx

Hi everyone [emoji3059], hope you're all well. My sense of smell has heightened and I now don't seem to be able to taste food like I used to. Has anybody else experienced this? I'm sure this is a positive because the enjoyment of eating has gone! I'm struggling at the mashed stage at the moment, everything seems to go down in lumps and then I feel sick [emoji31]. Think I'm going to try baby food [emoji1787]

Hi, pre op and weighing up all options before going forward with sleeve op. Wondered if anyone had thyroid issues and could shed light on how they now feel?