Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just booked a consult with Dr. Brian Long with the Nicholson Clinic in Dallas. Anyone have any experience with him? I will be going the hernia route. Also interested to see what others paid going that route with him. Seems way different that other Dr.'s.

Thanks for any input.

Tara

I did quite a bit of research on Dallas Clinics. My insurance is Aetna and I have a $5000 co pay. Yes, $5000. I actually live in west Texas but all the in network doctors are in Dallas and Houston.

I am using Dr. Victor Gonzalez. They are really helping me out on the co pay, reducing it to $2000. However, I have to have a sleep study and an endoscopy. He is very thorough. It is hard to say what I will pay until insurance approves. I think the final price for me will be about $8000.

What is the price for Nicholson Clinic? I have seen $9000 out there somewhere but I dont remember who.

It seems like forever!!!!! I am in my three month pre surgery insurance stuff. In month two. Do lots of reading and have questions ready for him!

Hi Tara!

I'm going the hiatal hernia route with Dr. Long, too. Had my EGD at Microsurgery Institute yesterday morning. They confirmed I have a hernia when I asked in the Recovery Room. I have my follow up appointment with Dr. Long next Friday.

I'm insured with UHC and the Microsurgery Institute is out-of-network, but Dr. Nick's office said they are the least expensive route. I'm nervous that UHC will not pay, since they seem to love giving me trouble with claims ever since I met my $2,600 deductible earlier this year. (That's another story.)

Where are you in the HH/Sleeve stage?

MeMe

Hi Tara!

I'm going the hiatal hernia route with Dr. Long, too. Had my EGD at Microsurgery Institute yesterday morning. They confirmed I have a hernia when I asked in the Recovery Room. I have my follow up appointment with Dr. Long next Friday.

I'm insured with UHC and the Microsurgery Institute is out-of-network, but Dr. Nick's office said they are the least expensive route. I'm nervous that UHC will not pay, since they seem to love giving me trouble with claims ever since I met my $2,600 deductible earlier this year. (That's another story.)

Where are you in the HH/Sleeve stage?

MeMe

Just starting. My initial consult is scheduled for next month, Sept. 25th. I have UHC, too.

I am having my consult in an hour and will have my EGD in the morning. I've done a few different consults. Wasn't real comfortable with Dr. Kim, not friendly at all. Maybe it was an off day, who knows.

Since I live several hours away I scheduled my consult on one day and my EGD the next. I have to wait until September 11 for a phone consult to go over my EGD. Then can set up a surgery date. I'm going on a cruise on October 26 so I'm going to have to wait until I get back I'm sure. He said he wanted 4 weeks recovery before the cruise. Don't think I can rush it that much.

I really liked Dr. Long. He was friendly, explained the procedure and took time to talk to me. I don't really ask a lot of questions (I should I know).

Why do you have to wait 1 month to for your consult?? I used Dr Kim, usually you can get right in with them.

I do. I'm self-paying. I have a list of questions, and it's getting pretty long. I want my sleeve

Why do you have to wait 1 month to for your consult?? I used Dr Kim, usually you can get right in with them.

I do. I'm self-paying. I have a list of questions, and it's getting pretty long. I want my sleeve

I scheduled it during a time I could easily take off work since I'm three hours away,

Did any of you actually do the surgery with Dr. Long! I am scheduled for surgery with him on June 6th

On 8/19/2015 at 11:50 AM, tbmichals said:

I just booked a consult with Dr. Brian Long with the Nicholson Clinic in Dallas. Anyone have any experience with him? I will be going the hernia route. Also interested to see what others paid going that route with him. Seems way different that other Dr.'s.

Thanks for any input.

Tara

Do tell, what does the hernia route mean? I know some are repairing hernias and doing sleeve surgery at the same time. Insurance covers the hernia. I was self pay sleeve surgery in 2010. He found and repaired a hernia while he was in there. Now I have another one, and have had GERD since about 18 months after sleeve surgery. I did not realize it could be fixed. I didn't realize up to 10 Tums every day was bad. I am sure he'll suggest RNY, I hope insurance will cover it!!