Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian sleevers any the just had...

Love this thread!!! My eyes are weary, so I can't read through all of the posts but just a quick encouragement to hang in there and keep pressing!

I'm one month post-op and so thankful for having an amazing recovery with zero problems. God is so faithful! Excited about my future in Him!

Congrats on .. You success.. No complications are always a blessing. How are you tolerated food etc? Keep in touch let us know how you are. We are here for everyone .. Blessings to you.????????????

Praise God, I am finally tolerating more. I SUCK at measuring and counting calories...but I do still try my best to reach my daily Protein, even if I have to use a shake. It's amazing what happens in just a few short weeks. I went from struggling to getting 2 ozs in, to eating a small meal, just as they said I would get to.

My plan included soft meats by week 4. That chewing slowing is key...but I've noticed each week, getting meals down has gotten easier and easier...even meats.< /p>

Looking forward to getting all of my Protein from meals!!!

According to my packet of instructions, on this Tuesday at 6 weeks, I will hit maintenance. I'm still losing, but the big drop has moved to about 1-2 lbs a week, which is fine by me. That week 3-4 stall had me down, but glad to see the scale moving. Still so grateful to God for this opportunity to get right and fit after years of trying. This was definitely in His will for my life at this time!

Love this thread!!! My eyes are weary, so I can't read through all of the posts but just a quick encouragement to hang in there and keep pressing!

I'm one month post-op and so thankful for having an amazing recovery with zero problems. God is so faithful! Excited about my future in Him!

Congrats on .. You success.. No complications are always a blessing. How are you tolerated food etc? Keep in touch let us know how you are. We are here for everyone .. Blessings to you.

Praise God, I am finally tolerating more. I SUCK at measuring and counting calories...but I do still try my best to reach my daily Protein, even if I have to use a shake. It's amazing what happens in just a few short weeks. I went from struggling to getting 2 ozs in, to eating a small meal, just as they said I would get to.

My plan included soft meats by week 4. That chewing slowing is key...but I've noticed each week, getting meals down has gotten easier and easier...even meats.< /p>

Looking forward to getting all of my Protein from meals!!!

According to my packet of instructions, on this Tuesday at 6 weeks, I will hit maintenance. I'm still losing, but the big drop has moved to about 1-2 lbs a week, which is fine by me. That week 3-4 stall had me down, but glad to see the scale moving. Still so grateful to God for this opportunity to get right and fit after years of trying. This was definitely in His will for my life at this time!

Congrats on .. You success.. No complications are always a blessing. How are you tolerated food etc? Keep in touch let us know how you are. We are here for everyone .. Blessings to you.
wonderful.. I am able to keep food down its just chewing slow I think I to excited though so it causes discomfort but other than that I'm fine. I'm so happy to hear you are doing okay .. We are blessed .. And highly favored.. I will keep you in my prayers for continued success..

@@lachellove thank you! This whole life change and all the emotions have not been easy. Seriously thankful more than ever for prayer & this thread :-) how far are you in the process?

17 days post op. I have much to learn it's an everyday process ..I know that prayer is powerful so I like to pray a lot. Having a hard time chewing slow that's all for now it hurts so bad when I eat to fast ugh .. How far are you how are you handling food and pain

@@lachellove I'm 12 days post op. I'm handling food pretty well. I too have a hard time chewing slow. My hardest thing right now is not being able to drink a lot at once. I live in Phoenix & it's so hot that I'm constantly thirsty. I try to chew on ice but I would just like to drink a whole bottle of cold Water at once lol as far as pain, I'm doing well, really just one of my incisions hurts occasionally. The whole emotional thing had been the hardest for me.

Edited by tosham12

@@lachellove I'm 12 days post op. I'm handling food pretty well. I too have a hard time chewing slow. My hardest thing right now is not being able to drink a lot at once. I live in Phoenix & it's so hot that I'm constantly thirsty. I try to chew on ice but I would just like to drink a whole bottle of cold Water at once lol as far as pain, I'm doing well, really just one of my incisions hurts occasionally. The whole emotional thing had been the hardest for me.

yea it's hot where I am too.. I used to down water ugh I miss that the most ,,, not the juice or anything just water.... What type of emotions are you feeling ?

@@lachellove it's silly, like I'll start feeling down for no reason. Then I'll be excited for the future. It goes back and forth. I feel like there's more to it then just the surgery itself, I am staying with my parents because I have a 16 month old and I can't lift him for 6 weeks. So I'm not recovering at home. My parents are awesome but I miss home & my hubby. So I'm sure that plays a lot into it. Plus, it's hard to feel so restricted sometimes & eat the same stuff. However, this week should be easier as I can add yogurt, cottage cheese and scramble eggs.< /p>

Edited by tosham12

@@lachellove it's silly, like I'll start feeling down for no reason. Then I'll be excited for the future. It goes back and forth. I feel like there's more to it then just the surgery itself, I am staying with my parents because I have a 16 month old and I can't lift him for 6 weeks. So I'm not recovering at home. My parents are awesome but I miss home & my hubby. So I'm sure that plays a lot into it. Plus, it's hard to feel so restricted sometimes & eat the same stuff. However, this week should be easier as I can add yogurt, cottage cheese and scramble eggs.< /p>

. Yea I see what you mean I had the same roller coaster emotions..but I'm home so it makes it a little easier it's when my hubby and kids leave and I have time to think.. It will get better for us both .. Very soon ..

hello my sisters in Christ; please pray that I can be patient and that God will see to it that THIS SURGERY will be approved for me to have. I know it is in Gods will that that this could only happen for me. I am just starting this journey and hope to be ready set and go by Jan . I hope all goes well. I couldn't have sped this up at all since Insurance is requiring the wait of time. Has anyone else had to wait too? Bless you all

I had a year long monitored diet before all the stuff. Most don't have that. I got through it. :)

hello my sisters in Christ; please pray that I can be patient and that God will see to it that THIS SURGERY will be approved for me to have. I know it is in Gods will that that this could only happen for me. I am just starting this journey and hope to be ready set and go by Jan . I hope all goes well. I couldn't have sped this up at all since Insurance is requiring the wait of time. Has anyone else had to wait too? Bless you all

Hello I'm praying for you. I hope all is well. And you will be approved soon.

I believe ALL Insurance carriers require U to wait and try other weight loss methods before approving surgery but BY THE GRACE OF GOD WHO IS IN CONTROL OF ALL THINGS U SHALL BE APPROVED, HEALTHY & HEALED!

Wooooow......I have been on this site for a while and I just found this group. I too am a Christian and grew up believing that I should include God in every decision I make. I prayed for this and asked God if it's not for me give me a sign. Well since I started this journey everything has been smooth sailing. After finishing my requirements I was approved by my insurance the same day it was submitted. My surgery is set for December 10. I know that was nobody but God. I thank him for his constant presence in my life. I love that this forum exist especially for believers. God bless everyone in their journey ????????.