Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian sleevers any the just had...

I'm still trying to digest that it isn't in God's plan for the surgery. The surgery is a tool, no different than someone who is handicapped would use a wheelchair or cane.

Wow. Need to digest that one again. How do they know what God's plan is for your life? One can use what they learn to help out others, maybe lead someone to Christ.

My church and I must have some different mindsets.

Agreed .. Some people just don't understand .. So judgmental.

Hi all, had my sleeve surgery yesterday. Still in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers. Everything went really well. I'm sipping Water, walking around the hallways. Will be going home tomorrow. So grateful for the good care of my surgeon and the good folks at Cedars-Sinai hospital in LA.

Edited by sleevedbygrace

This is awesome. I prayed and I'm still praying about this. My surgery is next month. I asked God to give me a clear sign because I can be hard headed. If I had to jump through hoops to get this done then it's not for me versus setting me a clear path. So far it's been a simple and clear path. God is so good.

This is awesome. I prayed and I'm still praying about this. My surgery is next month. I asked God to give me a clear sign because I can be hard headed. If I had to jump through hoops to get this done then it's not for me versus setting me a clear path. So far it's been a simple and clear path. God is so good.

Yes , Amen God will work things out for you if you have faith. I was so late for my surgery. I had been 20 mins early for the other appointments but on the day of surgery everything that could have went wrong did! I was so sad but I prayed and said God if it's not meant to be then I know it's for the best .. I went in there expecting them to say no your to late . But I checked in and went in within 10 mins. To God be the glory. He has kept me complication free I still worry from time to time but I keep the faith. Congrats on the surgery and welcome. We are all here whenever you just need an ear.

Hi all, had my sleeve surgery yesterday. Still in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers. Everything went really well. I'm sipping Water, walking around the hallways. Will be going home tomorrow. So grateful for the good care of my surgeon and the good folks at Cedars-Sinai hospital in LA.

Congrats .. Keep walking and sipping lol .. You will be just fine. So glade you are safe and complication free

Hello ladies it's been a couple of days ???????????? how are we all doing? I'm 14 days out and doing okay .. Having trouble with drinking to fast but that's it. How are we mentally .. I hope this reaches you all in high spirits ..hope to hear from you all soon. Be Blessed.

I got the clearance yesterday to start eating soft foods. I can't eat much and I find myself having to sit up real straight and it hurts in my back when I get full. Weird. Still having a little nausea and diarrhea but I think I need a med adjustment

I got the clearance yesterday to start eating soft foods. I can't eat much and I find myself having to sit up real straight and it hurts in my back when I get full. Weird. Still having a little nausea and diarrhea but I think I need a med adjustment

I can't wait to be advanced. I'm so sorry about your complications I hope that gets better for you.

Love this thread!!! My eyes are weary, so I can't read through all of the posts but just a quick encouragement to hang in there and keep pressing!

I'm one month post-op and so thankful for having an amazing recovery with zero problems. God is so faithful! Excited about my future in Him!

Hi everyone! I absolutely love this thread! I'm 9 days post op. Doing pretty good. Just some small complications like breaking out in a rash but hopefully we will figure it out soon. I have a question...I may totally be on my own in this one, but since surgery I've been feeling down? Has anyone experienced this? I literally have no idea what's causing me to feel down. Like my hubby says, "you should be happy, you're loosing weight, this is going to be so great for you." I completely agree, i definitely thought i would be super stoked and a lot more happy. Don't get me wrong i love loosing weight and i know its only going to get better. Maybe im just being silly. Anyway, so excited to have a Christian support group :-) I'm sure we can all agree that having others praying for us is very important and much appreciated. Bless you all!

Tosham- I'm PreOp but both my surgeon and my psych have told me not to be surprised if my emotions are all over the place. Effects of anesthesia, hormonal changes, major life change, something that most of us have been looking forward to and then we are hit with pain and reality of new lifestyle. I think there would be something odd if you didn't have period of feeling down. Saying a prayer for you now for joy, hope and encouragement.

????????????????????????????????????????thank you thank you thank you! I love this thread! I am a Christian that has prayed and asked God for years to help me with my weight. It has been close to 13 years now, I felt God was silent on this matter and that it was just something I had to bear. A few months ago, I private messages an old friend from my childhood church who had lost a lot of weight and asked her how she did it. She said it was the sleeve. I then went to work that morning and not two hours later met a woman who was about to have the sleeve and I was able to hear all about it from her. I took that as a sign from God about it and I have had a ton of peace. Even typing this gives me peace in my current nauseous situation. I believe this was an answer to prayer. I praise God for it, need to remember this when I get discouraged. He is in the small stuff in life too, not just the big things and he loves us so much. So glad I found you fellow Christ followers. Praise God! ????????

@@choosehope thank you! That makes a lot of sense. I'm doing MUCH better the last two days. I really appreciate your response & prayers! That's was a rough first week! I'm just grateful we have God walking through this with us. :-) bless you & praying for you and a speedy recovery! <3

Hi everyone! I absolutely love this thread! I'm 9 days post op. Doing pretty good. Just some small complications like breaking out in a rash but hopefully we will figure it out soon. I have a question...I may totally be on my own in this one, but since surgery I've been feeling down? Has anyone experienced this? I literally have no idea what's causing me to feel down. Like my hubby says, "you should be happy, you're loosing weight, this is going to be so great for you." I completely agree, i definitely thought i would be super stoked and a lot more happy. Don't get me wrong i love loosing weight and i know its only going to get better. Maybe im just being silly. Anyway, so excited to have a Christian support group :-) I'm sure we can all agree that having others praying for us is very important and much appreciated. Bless you all!

totally normal it's passes .. It's a normal reaction to major surgery your tired and getting back to normal it will pass.. Congrats on your surgery .. Welcome .. Stay blessed.

????????????????????????????????????????thank you thank you thank you! I love this thread! I am a Christian that has prayed and asked God for years to help me with my weight. It has been close to 13 years now, I felt God was silent on this matter and that it was just something I had to bear. A few months ago, I private messages an old friend from my childhood church who had lost a lot of weight and asked her how she did it. She said it was the sleeve. I then went to work that morning and not two hours later met a woman who was about to have the sleeve and I was able to hear all about it from her. I took that as a sign from God about it and I have had a ton of peace. Even typing this gives me peace in my current nauseous situation. I believe this was an answer to prayer. I praise God for it, need to remember this when I get discouraged. He is in the small stuff in life too, not just the big things and he loves us so much. So glad I found you fellow Christ followers. Praise God! ????????

welcome.. We all get discouraged I've been so weak lately.. No energy just tired but I wake up every day thankful. I'm so glad you found we need more spiritual activities and support on this journey.. I pray we all stay active on this thread and get to know one another .. And help and support one another.