Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian sleevers any the just had...

Or going too have sleeve surgery wanted to start a support thread ????????

Edited by lachellove

I'd love one for RNY or RNY and sleeve. Be nice to support one another spiritually through prayer and Biblical encouragement.

I'd love one for RNY or RNY and sleeve. Be nice to support one another spiritually through prayer and Biblical encouragement.

I agree.. We need that type of support. Daily for myself at least. It's a battle and why not stay in tune with our father and protector

I would love this. I've been raised in a Christian home but just recently became a Christian myself. So any help or advice would be awesome!

. Congrats that was a big decision .. Awesome none the less. Since surgery I missed church but my prayers are none stop I plan on going this week though .. I need that pick me up during the week my church is very far from me.. So I really wanted to start some type of connection here

Edited by lachellove

I would love this! I just had surgery on 8/11 and barely found this forum. I'm not sure how to navigate it yet, so if there is a "thread" I hope I can find it.

No thread were just here I figured we can start here.. My surgery was the day after yours how are you feeling any buyers remorse nausea etc?

The first night I thought to myself "what did I do, I'm never going to be able to enjoy anything again" . I was blessed with no nausea so that's worked out and I'm still on Clear Liquids until my two week check up on the 25th. If I think about it too hard o freak myself out with the whole "this is irreversible" but then I read the threads of how fabulous people feel.

The first night I thought to myself "what did I do, I'm never going to be able to enjoy anything again" . I was blessed with no nausea so that's worked out and I'm still on clear liquids until my two week check up on the 25th. If I think about it too hard o freak myself out with the whole "this is irreversible" but then I read the threads of how fabulous people feel.

same here.. I was like .. "You did good pre op so you should have just stuck with that" but I know me I would have just reverted back to my old ways .. I haven't had nausea yet and I'm on a full liquid diet until the 27th yay! Right lol. Head hunger has set in only when I'm preparing food for my family or they are fixing them selves something. I watch cooking channel strangely but I never eat what they eat so I'm fine lol. It's a long hard road but I'm ready and I know God is with me.

Sounds mirror image to me! I struggled with emotions losing 30lbs on pre-op even a few co workers trying to be supportive telling me I had done so good why have the surgery. I know myself though and Protein Shakes for the rest of my life is no quality. I went on vacation with my family to a Water park on Protein shakes. While I made it through, it was still awkward. I went to church yesterday and it just filled me up to conquer the next hurdles. I'm thankful for this blog to know that other people understand your emotions and the whole complexity of obesity and this surgery!

I'm lucky to live only 10 mins from the church I'm currently going to. I'm just not sure if I'm not participating enough or I need to start going to other churches. I'm just not feeling God like I would like to. It could be a good chance that I'm so shy and I'm thinking about it to much.

Yes, I so wanted to go yesterday I plan on calling my pastor this morning just to chat. I felt the most exhausted yesterday since I've been home . I never had to do Protein just a lot of Portion Control. And one hourof waiting for I drank anything I still ate out and things like that and still lost the weight but gained one and a half pound (see how easy it was) my mother and a few people in church said the same to me why have it your doing great .. It's like I stated I didn't get to this weight just once I've always been bigger and struggled with my weight .. I struggle daily like am I ever going to be able to eat again some foods I know are totally gone but I see posts on here with people still having fun with food and enjoying life I look forward to that

Edited by lachellove

I'm lucky to live only 10 mins from the church I'm currently going to. I'm just not sure if I'm not participating enough or I need to start going to other churches. I'm just not feeling God like I would like to. It could be a good chance that I'm so shy and I'm thinking about it to much.

Britt- I think it's personal. How long have you gone there? Do you feel supported? What are you involved in? Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to try out different congregations if you don't feel you are getting what you need. I wouldn't just switch on emotional day though. Feel it out.

I was at that point in my life before, you just have to find a church that's right for you I fell off very hard I was disappointed with the church and just so much was going on I wanted to know why God would allow this. But I had to learn that everyone is different in their walk and growth .. We have so many social events that I enjoy. Maybe try being social. Looking for a church home is a process pray on it daily, you might have to give it time

Britt- I think it's personal. How long have you gone there? Do you feel supported? What are you involved in? Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to try out different congregations if you don't feel you are getting what you need. I wouldn't just switch on emotional day though. Feel it out.
Agreed.