Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In the first few days of my new life...

I had surgery the day before everyone here: August 11th. I have been drinking Water and Protein shakes. Today I added broth and SF Jello. I have gone between feeling "hungry" and deprived to fulling very full from a couple of baby spoonfuls of Jello or an ounce of broth or Protein shake. I have yet to meet my daily protein or liquid requirements.

I am glad to find others who have just had the surgery, as I swing from "I can do this!" to "Why did I do this?"

.. I too have had buyers remorse lol. But it does get better in time. I have been having head hunger.. I want everything even the things I don't eat lol. I know it will get better

I made that Jello but I just can't get past one tablespoon. Also my taste buds have changed. Anyone else? I seem to want savory over sweet. I was the opposite pre-op. The idea of a chocolate chip cookie seems awful. But some chowder right now, that would be awesome.

I'm going to have clam chowder blended of course and lobster bisque

I have been able to tolerate both minus pudding that made me sick oh and black bean Soup made me sick too .. It might have been because I added sour cream

I have been able to tolerate both minus pudding that made me sick oh and black bean Soup made me sick too .. It might have been because I added sour cream

Isn't it to soon for black bean soup? I can't have that until week 3.

I couldn't get myself to buy the pudding. Lol.

It came blended.. And it was organic .. Lol the pudding was pretty good.

I was sleeved 8/4. Unfortunately I had complications that sent me right back into another 2 1/2 hours of surgery. Surgeon didn't find a leak or anything else as he searched inside me, cleaning clots as he went. I will never know why my blood pressure dropped to 70/30 and my drains were gushing necessitating 2 units of blood.

Bottom line is that I am on stage 1 modified for three weeks!! Just Water, milk, Protein drinks and Jello. I can't abide Jello anymore and yes, I am having a "pity party!"

I don't dare cheat for fear I'll end up back in the operating room.

I followed the pre-op rules, seemed low risk and yet here I am. I have really reduced my expectations of when I will be allowed mushies. Maybe late Sept.

Yes, I am lucky to be alive but yet the day really drags as I force myself to observe Step 1. Thank you for listening (as only my boyfriend knows about my sleeve and he's still getting over the scare he had when I went back into surgery.)

Edited by emma4884

I was sleeved 8/4. Unfortunately I had complications that sent me right back into another 2 1/2 hours of surgery. Surgeon didn't find a leak or anything else as he searched inside me, cleaning clots as he went. I will never know why my blood pressure dropped to 70/30 and my drains were gushing necessitating 2 units of blood.

Bottom line is that I am on stage 1 modified for three weeks!! Just Water, milk, Protein drinks and Jello. I can't abide Jello anymore and yes, I am having a "pity party!"

I followed the pre-op rules, seemed low risk and yet here I am. I have really reduced my expectations of when I will be allowed mushies. Maybe late Sept.

Yes, I am lucky to be alive but yet the day really drags as I force myself to observe Step 1. Thank you for listening (as only my boyfriend knows about my sleeve and he's still getting over the scare he had when I went back into surgery.)

Emma4884,

I'm sorry to hear that. You have gotten over that hurdle and you will get through this time. It will be worth it.

Try to experiment with the liquids. Take it one day at a time.

I went into surgery fully expecting something to go wrong, but thankfully it didn't. I am sorry you are struggling. It will make it that much more worth it in the end. None of us should cheat. We don't want to cause any complications we can avoid. As far as forcing yourself to stick to step one....I think most of us are there, I know I am. Thinking of you.

Bottom line is that I am on stage 1 modified for three weeks!! Just Water, milk, Protein Drinks and jello. I can't abide jello anymore and yes, I am having a "pity party!"

I had my sleeve on the 14 th. I'm getting about 48 oz in today. I'm only allowed Water, broth, tea, sf Jello, and diluted juice until 26th. I must be having head hunger since all I want to do is eat when I walk into the kitchen. I'm still having cramps with cold liquids.

hi

I like this thread, I like all you guys are honest, and I am going to Tijuana on Sunday, surgery Monday. While I have you wonderful peoples attention, I would like to ask a question. RAw truth is what I need. I have been so negative about this whole thing. Not in the moment with any goals, like Im going to lose 10 pounds per month till MYGOAL? My lovely husband flipped on me finally last night ( ina good way) and said, r u even excited? Why are you doing this if you are so negative about it being a great opportunity to be happy healthy and thinner? I just cried. I am just crying. I heard that again from a co worker today. WTF? I didn't even know, I haven't been excited, Ive been in a fog. What have your goals been, if any? Did or has any one felt like this unintentionally or other wise....uggggggggggggggggg, maybe Im truly scared to get this fat off of me after all

Leonar I'm with you I totally understand where you are coming from. I too am in a fog. Scheduled for September 21st also in Mexico. I have just so many mixed emotions. You hear good stories then the dreadful ones like the one mentioned on this thread and wonder if you are making the right choice. You think to yourself maybe I could do it this time eat better exercise. Maybe I could for a while just because of fear of not even going thru with surgery but once that passes I'm sure I will go back to bad habits and start my cycle again like I have all my life. But just want you to know you will be in my prayers along with everybody taking this journey. It's just a hard situation. When I told my older son of my decision about WLS and that fact that I'm doing it in Mexico he said no mom your crazy. He tells me why can't I accept that God send me chunky style.

I was sleeved on the 12th also :)

cool another twin how is the recovery going??