Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since surgery .. I find that I'm getting cold more often than before ... I live in GA ... it's HOT here ... I shouldn't be cold ! I sleep with an extra blanket on my side ... hubby sleeps on top of the covers ... I wear a sweatshirt at work! Everyone else says I'm crazy!

Who else goes through this? And why?

@@MrsKarenC2008 That's a normal side effect of weigh loss surgery, your not crazy! In short it caused because your subcutaneous fat layer is thinning out (the layer of fat just under the skin that keeps you warm) your thermo regulators are thrown off. I tried to break it down in easy terms. Hope that helps!

You know ... I was wondering if it was something like that ... that I just didn't have enough to keep me warm anymore!

What a great problem to have !!!! :):):)

You made my day ... THANK YOU!

I was 62 when I got my sleeve, and eleven years into one lonnnnnnng post-menopausal hot flash. I would just soak my bed with sweat at night as was changing my pajamas during the night and my sheets several times a week. About the time I lost that first thirty pounds, it all went away. I will take being a little chilly over being continuously over-heating. No more "clothes on - clothes off - clothes on - clothes off" all day long. Because I am more comfortable at night, I sleep a lot better, too.

@@MrsKarenC2008

This is summer. Wait until you get to experience winter this year.

Same exact thing here in a good hot Texas summer. I don't really got hot at all. In the pool in the evening, the Water is 90 degrees and I still turn on the heat to get it to 96 in the hot tub. Saving money on AC though! Turned the thermostat up quite a bit.

@@MrsKarenC2008

This is summer. Wait until you get to experience winter this year.

I hadn't thought that far ahead ! :o BUT ... good thing is ... I own a crap load of sweatshirts and sweatpants ... WHICH I pray will be HUGE on me this winter! But I'll happily wear them anyway !! That has always been my most favorite outfit!

For the last several years I have kept my room 5-10 degrees cooler than the rest of my family's house, and my grandfather (who had a low thyroid) always kept his room insanely hot even in summer (New Jersey). I would stop going up there to see him it was so unbearable. I was sleeved 9 days ago, and I have stopped using the fan in my room, added an extra comforter, and have been doing most of my work from home in my (late) grandfather's room. My temperature set has completely flipped its field on me, and now I find myself constantly seeking out very warm spaces. It is a combination of a declining fat layer and the lack of carbs being burned up and released as heat. It is gratifying in a certain way. I think it will be far less embarrassing to ask for some heat around the Thanksgiving table rather than standing outside trying to catch drifts of cool late autumn air with everyone looking on.

I think, however, that when we all move on to solids in a few months, our sleeves will be doing heavier lifting than they are able to do right now, and that process generates a lot of heat. I don't expect my current obsession with warmth to last all that long, even with (hopefully) drastically reduced insulation from adipose tissue.

Yes! Before I really lost any since surgery I have been freezing. I found it really weird. But step out in the Texas sun and you are sweating in 10 seconds.

I am always cold now except for when I am having hot flashes. I have a heater on my desk which I keep on all day. During, my hot flashes, I cut it off and cut on the fan by my foot for about 5 minutes. It's crazy!

@ ... I love your ID name ... that is too cute!!

@@Essence46 ... I have my heater on too - with my sweatshirt! Wow ... I'm so glad to know I'm not alone ... I was starting to think I needed more of my Vitamins or something ...

Thanks to all ... I have enjoyed having feedback ... So glad I found this forum!

Thankfully, I'm not alone with the hot/ cold syndrome. Blanket on/ off. Fan on/ off

I'm blaming menopause ...

Don't care for even our mild winters... My feet are cold a lot.

Better this summer... But no one really mentions this pre surgery much

I'm always running so hot, I hope this is a problem for me later!