Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PCOS LADIES Getting pregnant post op

For those of you that are post op and suffered from PCOS how much did you weigh when you got pregnant? I'm just curious. :-). I'm going for an ultrasound in September to see if my ovaries and uterus is looking good :-)

I have not had my surgery yet, so I'm no help in offering my experience to you yet. :P But this is something that interests me greatly. I'm 23 and starting to get to that age where I see babies and my body is saying "WE WANT ONE!" I was told by two separate gynos that my chances of getting pregnant and carrying to term are pretty low, but my surgeon says that the reduction in PCOS symptoms and related problems is often enough to greatly increase the chance for women with PCOS to have babies. I wish you the best of luck with everything, keep us updated!

I have not had my surgery yet, so I'm no help in offering my experience to you yet. :P But this is something that interests me greatly. I'm 23 and starting to get to that age where I see babies and my body is saying "WE WANT ONE!" I was told by two separate gynos that my chances of getting pregnant and carrying to term are pretty low, but my surgeon says that the reduction in PCOS symptoms and related problems is often enough to greatly increase the chance for women with PCOS to have babies. I wish you the best of luck with everything, keep us updated!

Thank you! Good luck to you too!

Well. . I'm not preggo yet.. in the 1 year waiting phase. .. but starting having regular cycles after losing 20 lbs during pre op liquid diet. ..I'm now down 80 lbs from HW... and regular. ..I know when "Aunt Flo" us coming to town and she hasn't missed the bus yet....so I can't wait for the green light from my dr.... I'm 2 months post-op.

Well. . I'm not preggo yet.. in the 1 year waiting phase. .. but starting having regular cycles after losing 20 lbs during pre op liquid diet. ..I'm now down 80 lbs from HW... and regular. ..I know when "Aunt Flo" us coming to town and she hasn't missed the bus yet....so I can't wait for the green light from my dr.... I'm 2 months post-op.

. Nice! :-)

I have no ambition to get Pregnant, however I do have PCOS and I can tell you that three weeks post op I had my first period in over two years. I know it's a sign of getting healthier, but I have to say I had hoped it would wait a bit longer to start up again ;)
I would say if after a two year absence my periods started again that quickly in my amature speculation that you shouldn''t have a hard time having a baby when you're ready and after the waiting period is over. I have a three year recommended waiting period before attempting pregnancy is yours really only a year?

I have no ambition to get Pregnant, however I do have PCOS and I can tell you that three weeks post op I had my first period in over two years. I know it's a sign of getting healthier, but I have to say I had hoped it would wait a bit longer to start up again ;)

I would say if after a two year absence my periods started again that quickly in my amature speculation that you shouldn''t have a hard time having a baby when you're ready and after the waiting period is over. I have a three year recommended waiting period before attempting pregnancy is yours really only a year?

I've been on BC since a month after surgery so I don't know if I'm regular because of that. My surgeon said its recommended to wait 12 months post op to get pregnant but he said its safe to get pregnant 6-8 months post op because the majority of the weight loss has happened. However I'm not rushing either I want to make sure I'm healthy enough for a baby and I'm only 3.5 months post op and I'm still learning to eat again. It's just exciting that it can happen around this time. I've been through a lot and this is what the recommended me to get done in order to have better odds of getting pregnant. So I'm hopeful :-). I just wasn't sure if ladies with PCOS could get pregnant around 200. I was thinking it would be closer to 150 for the cycle to be normal again.

Hello I'm new to this site and I have pcos to I haven't had the surgery yet starting the process now and I was told the chances of having a baby is higher after surgery but I want to know do y'all have all the side effects from pcos

Hello I'm new to this site and I have pcos to I haven't had the surgery yet starting the process now and I was told the chances of having a baby is higher after surgery but I want to know do y'all have all the side effects from pcos

I have all the symptoms

I have pretty much every one as well; the weight gain, the difficulty losing it, the stupid little hairs that grow where they shouldn't, the skin condition, the messed up periods, the hormone imbalance, the thinning hair, the fertility problems... The list goes on.

One of my dear friends had RNY Surgery over 7 years ago and had PCOS. She and her husband had never had a positive pregnancy test in ten years of marriage. After WLS she was able to get pregnant with their daughter.

There is a very large school of thought that pcos is a kind of insulin resistance , which is in itself a prediabetic state. The huge reduction in carb intake after wls would reduce and possibly cure pcos. In fact the most useful treatment for pcos is dietary change involving carb reduction. So there you go.

I have not had my surgery yet, so I'm no help in offering my experience to you yet. [emoji14] But this is something that interests me greatly. I'm 23 and starting to get to that age where I see babies and my body is saying "WE WANT ONE!" I was told by two separate gynos that my chances of getting pregnant and carrying to term are pretty low, but my surgeon says that the reduction in PCOS symptoms and related problems is often enough to greatly increase the chance for women with PCOS to have babies. I wish you the best of luck with everything, keep us updated!

Losing weight will help.

I have pretty much every one as well; the weight gain, the difficulty losing it, the stupid little hairs that grow where they shouldn't, the skin condition, the messed up periods, the hormone imbalance, the thinning hair, the fertility problems... The list goes on.

Yes it's no fun.