Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have just reached the "1 week to go" mark and I am starting to feel soooooo nervous. I am scared that there will be complications, I am scared that I won't achieve the results that I want, and on and on. I got upset with myself a lot this weekend, telling myself, "If you would have just dieted like you have now then I wouldn't need this surgery" and then having to remind myself that I have never been able to stick with it before and have blown every diet attempt and weight loss I've ever had. It's very nerve-wracking but like @@ladyfrann said, I always have to replace every negative thought with a positive one and it gets me through.

It's normal to be a bit anxious. My surgery is August 26 and I can hardly wait. This will be my second bariatric surgery. Had lapband in 2008. Had complications and the had to remove it which caused be to blow up to 209lbs in a matter of months. I actually have a badkadunk and believe me...it is heavy!! I can't wait to loose this weight and get my groove back. I miss all the energy I had when I lost weight the first time. After it's done and you start to loose those pounds, you will be Sooooohappy that you took charge of your health. Best wishes to you all!!!!

We can all beat ourselves up with the if only we hadn't allowed this to happen story but it's not changing a damn thing I think of this as our "rehab" there's drug abuse alcohol abuse etc everybody goes to rehab it's expected well this is our rehab let's use it wisely and stop living in the past and move forward what's that saying u can't change what u don't acknowledge? Well we know we have a problem and we are trying to fix it let that be our new story and a new start

Amen. New chapter.

Well said everybody exactly like I feel ..failed so many times that is hard to believe that something wont fail and give me the oh well stay fat feeling

I understand, MzAlice. I'm feeling the same way. I keep asking myself, What am I doing? I must be crazy. If I would just have followed through on any one of my diets, I wouldn't be here. And, if I can be on full liquids for a week, then I really CAN do it myself. Then I realize, that's the old me talking. The me that doesn't want to change. But we have to do this to be healthy. Yes, it's hard. Now. My surgery is Aug. 14th. Every time I find myself talking myself out of it, I remember, nothing I've done in the past worked. This is proven. It will work. You can do it. Just take it one day at a time, one hour at a time if you need to. Take a few deep breaths and remind yourself how you got here and where you are going.

My surgery is scheduled August 25th, and I'm so nervous and very anxious. I feel like crying and starting to have a change of heart. My doctor gave me a nerve pill but I still feel horrified. Has anyone else felt like this?

@, your feelings of apprehension are normal. I felt this way right before my surgery and actually right until I was in the operating room waiting for my turn to come up. Its now been 9 days out of surgery and although I have a long way to heal, I feel confident this was the best choice for me and I cant wait until all the weight is lost and my life changes for the best.

My sleeve surgery was the very 1st surgery I've ever had ... and I'm 44 !

I cried for weeks beforehand ... I ate like a little piggy ... because I knew afterward I couldn't ... I changed my mind a thousand times ...

BUT ....

Afterward ... THIS is where I want to be :)

NOT ...

The insecure person from BEFORE ... the person who couldn't walk very far ... the person who had to sit on the sidelines and WATCH life go by ...

AFTER is the place you want to be ... Trust us ... We've been there ... and we know what we're talking about!

You need to rest assured this is the RIGHT decision and the BEST decision ...

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO SPEND IT WATCHING IT PASS YOU BY !!!

Prayers of love and support are being sent your way!

If HE brings you to it .... HE will bring you through it :)

I'm at work crying. Crying for gratitude for all of you, your posts in my fears and your one ness with me on why I am fearful. Shelley, MzAlice, lady fran. May we all be happy healthy and free at last of low self worth. We deserve it all dammit. We deserve it all.

Thank you.

Leanne

Youre absolutely right Leanne. This crying session is real for me.

My sleeve surgery was the very 1st surgery I've ever had ... and I'm 44 !

I cried for weeks beforehand ... I ate like a little piggy ... because I knew afterward I couldn't ... I changed my mind a thousand times ...

BUT ....

Afterward ... THIS is where I want to be :)

NOT ...

The insecure person from BEFORE ... the person who couldn't walk very far ... the person who had to sit on the sidelines and WATCH life go by ...

AFTER is the place you want to be ... Trust us ... We've been there ... and we know what we're talking about!

You need to rest assured this is the RIGHT decision and the BEST decision ...

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO SPEND IT WATCHING IT PASS YOU BY !!!

Prayers of love and support are being sent your way!

If HE brings you to it .... HE will bring you through it :)

Thanks I need all of the support I can get.

I understand, MzAlice. I'm feeling the same way. I keep asking myself, What am I doing? I must be crazy. If I would just have followed through on any one of my diets, I wouldn't be here. And, if I can be on full liquids for a week, then I really CAN do it myself. Then I realize, that's the old me talking. The me that doesn't want to change. But we have to do this to be healthy. Yes, it's hard. Now. My surgery is Aug. 14th. Every time I find myself talking myself out of it, I remember, nothing I've done in the past worked. This is proven. It will work. You can do it. Just take it one day at a time, one hour at a time if you need to. Take a few deep breaths and remind yourself how you got here and where you are going.

I have decided that I have come to far to give up. Oh how blessed I am to be able to have insurance that well choice this surgery for me.