Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is scheduled August 25th, and I'm so nervous and very anxious. I feel like crying and starting to have a change of heart. My doctor gave me a nerve pill but I still feel horrified. Has anyone else felt like this?

MzAlice, I am not close yet to having surgery but I think it must be very normal to be nervous. I have had surgery twice in my life for other issues. First one I did not have a lot of time to be nervous but the second one I knew a month a head and i was a wreck. Take the medicine. Ask family and friends for extra hugs. Do what every helps you relax. I am sending you all good thoughts!

I'm scheduled For surgery Aug 25 as well. I'm nothin but a ball of anxieties! But honestly, I think this is the best decision for me & my health. I am 41 & scared of not being here, to finish raising my 12 year old daughter . My mother has 4 sisters , who are all deceased before the age of 60. All obesity related deaths . I love my life & everyone in it , & I want to live to be 100 !

Edited by Luraine

Yes to all of it. And trying to quit smoking in 2 weeks as well. Excited but scared

I have had three prior surgeries and this is the scariest one I have ever had to prepare for. I just so afraind Im going to be hungry and miss the food so much.

MzAlice, I am not close yet to having surgery but I think it must be very normal to be nervous. I have had surgery twice in my life for other issues. First one I did not have a lot of time to be nervous but the second one I knew a month a head and i was a wreck. Take the medicine. Ask family and friends for extra hugs. Do what every helps you relax. I am sending you all good thoughts!

Thanks s so much, I need all of the support I can get.

I have had three prior surgeries and this is the scariest one I have ever had to prepare for. I just so afraind Im going to be hungry and miss the food so much.

Yeah, that is really what i am most scared of too. Here is what I think, we need to surround ourselves with people who will love and support us. Also we need to find a bariactric support group in 3d life in addition to this wonderful website and remember to learn from other people who have gone before us. Another thing I am learning that there is a huge difference between head/emotional hunger and physical hunger. I am working on a list of alternative activities to eating for when I am bored, when I want to Celebrate, when I am heartbroken, when I am angry and when I am lonely. I am choosing things that I love and can do right now but I look forward to adding things that I will be able to do later as I lose the weight. This post is as much as a pep talk for me as it is for you, MzAlice.

Hey hi I'm almost 6 months post op and I've been there too try to relax don't overthink it u will drive yourself crazy I swear to you it's not as bad as ppl think it is I was sleeved it is hard in the beginning so prepare yourself but it gets better every day it's not true that u won't eat again or have things u like for a while it's going to feel that way I promise it won't be forever I can eat anything I want pretty much just a small amount u will have to decide if your going to mostly eat healthy and have things that aren't so great once in a while cuz if u eat high fat high sugar high calorie u won't lose as much or may stall it's all up to us they make your stomach smaller the head trips and I want that foods we have to decide what we eat or not... The pain isn't nearly as bad as expected a few days of feeling like u pulled a muscle mostly getting up and down or bending over took no pain meds after 36 hrs had bad gas and nausea they will give u meds for that just drink as much as u can force yourself if u have to eat what's allowed follow your instructions

Thanks for being honest. Im scared as hell. Scared of surgery. Scared ill blow it and eat crap. Scared i wont quit smoking. Scared of being thin. Scared of being healthy and happy.sooooo sad

@@lealor u know what I think ok I'll tell u lol speaking for myself and I'm sure a lot of us we have been heavy for so long and so used to eating the way we did or do and being treated the way are I think it's because we don't think we deserve better well we do we deserve to be healthy around for our children spouses friends parents to be able to participate in things to go amusement parks on hikes swimming with families and not be stared at or talked about because of how we look to included in things not have to see our friends cut us out cuz they are embarrassed of us to be treated with respect by Drs and not ignored its time to take our lives back and put the food addiction down and all the bad health issues that come with it I watched my mother die at 56 years old of diabetes she refused to alter her eating she had diabetes for seven years and was dead she got gangrene and developed sepsis I watched the flesh rot off her body while her organs shut down until she finally stroked out and I thought to myself no freakin way am I going out like that I'm going to take control before it's too late

My surgery is scheduled August 25th, and I'm so nervous and very anxious. I feel like crying and starting to have a change of heart. My doctor gave me a nerve pill but I still feel horrified. Has anyone else felt like this?

The best advice I was given was to focus on the postive..all.postive thoughts, things & people. Address any concerns with your Dr. but every time you have a negative thought..immediately replace it with a positive 1.

I made a daily affirmation & included the postive outcomes i wanted for Surgery & other life topics. .& i read it daily in the present/future tense

Thanks everyone and lealor I feel the same way.

I'm at work crying. Crying for gratitude for all of you, your posts in my fears and your one ness with me on why I am fearful. Shelley, MzAlice, lady fran. May we all be happy healthy and free at last of low self worth. We deserve it all dammit. We deserve it all.

Thank you.

Leanne

I was so scared before surgery. This was the best thing I've ever done. Period. I came out of surgery and was in minimal pain. The nurse had to tell me

To slow down. I walked 5 miles the next day! Did I mention I'm freaking happy