Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Strange Info from NUT re: Carbs

That makes it easier to get that intake. Plus i am not even hungry. I have to force myself to eat. So i have set a schedule and a alarm on my phone that says time to eat lol

Lot's of little meals? Not sure, by three months I was eating a half cup to three quarters of a cup of food. Now I eat about a cup of food at a time.

I went to a Mexican food restaurant and at "The Whole Enchilada"

I am a little over 2 months out and I still have a good amount of restiction, but honestly it depends on the day and the food. Like today I was only able to eat 2 oz of chicken, but usually I can manage 3oz. Basically with regards to the carb issue its all over the map; one doctor says one thing and another says something else. With regards to my intake, I continuing low carb ( around 40g total carb per day) until I get a second opinion from my actual NUT on the 15th. Some people do well with carbs, but I think carbs were how I got to this weight in the first place so I am very hesitant to add them back in. I too eat multiple small meals per day, usually I eat 5 times per day, about every 3-4 hours. That has been working. I am down 40lbs (27 since June 1st) and feel healthier. I am so much more active, which I am sure helps. Just do what works for you and your body. I know it's hard because I am constantly comparing myself to other sleepers, but unfortunately we all have different things that work for us. I workout 6 days a weeks and have had to earn every pound I have lost, other people it falls right off!!!!

Lot's of little meals? Not sure, by three months I was eating a half cup to three quarters of a cup of food. Now I eat about a cup of food at a time.

What do you eat at the Mexican restaurant? I love Mexican, but I have been avoiding it because I don't really know what I can eat there anymore.

What do you eat at the Mexican restaurant? I love Mexican, but I have been avoiding it because I don't really know what I can eat there anymore.

I ate a cheese enchilada! I had sour cream on it too. I couldn't believe I finished it. My nephew wanted me to split this huge beef burrito but I just was afraid to try that. I make a machaca type Breakfast almost daily. I put a little shredded beef or pork with egg white. Sometimes with peppers and onions sometimes with cheese or salsa. I even bought 2 ounces of chorizo one day and added egg whites. It was so good. Refried Beans were my favorite on soft food stage.

I ate a taco salad without the shell but Iionly get 2 or 3 small bites lol. The funny thing is iam totally content when i am full

Yes even with my 3 bites I am satisfied

Fajitas are good too, just without the tortillas. They're just Protein and peppers for the most part.

I just saw My NUT. And she said not to worry about carbs. She said calorie count was the main indicator. I am usually between 70 and 90 now. I am losing well. I actually just added back in some good carbs and I feel good

All this advise is great but it is all different. Every doctor seams to be different and every Nut seams to be different. Very confusing sometimes. But every one makes sense I just think everyone responds different.

All this advise is great but it is all different. Every doctor seams to be different and every Nut seams to be different. Very confusing sometimes. But every one makes sense I just think everyone responds different.

You are right about all the differences in the plans that are used. My read on this is that, overall, your WLS doesn't really care what kind of diet you use (in my engineering days we would say that it is insensitive to that variable,) In the dozen or so years that I have been involved in this WLS game (my wife had hers a little over ten years ago,) I have seen all kinds of diets work. Atkins style low carb diets are the current fad in the diet industry, and many on these forums have failed at them before they submitted to WLS, and then all of a sudden, it's the greatest (and only!) diet to use. The same happened during the low fat fad - those diets work just fine, too, when combined with WLS.

From what I have seen, what we need to do as individuals going through this process and life change, is to address what got us here in the first place - the WLS will help us get the weight off and provide something of a reset (or a do-over) allowing us to start fresh again, but we need to learn to live for the long term while avoiding what first got us into trouble. These days, most people have gotten into trouble with junky carbs, particularly the overload of added sugar and sugar analogs in most of the food we eat (primarily in the processed/packaged food category) so some form of carb restriction is appropriate. To me, the counting of overall carbs is overkill and eliminates the good along with the bad. Much the same happened during the low fat fad - the primary abuse had been junky fats, and the diets addressed that problem but also went overboard with throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

My surgeon if a big low carb believer. He explained a scenario of a slice of cake for 1200 calories vs a steak dinner with veggies at 1200 calories. You would lose weight on the steak not cake. Due to carbs. Makes total sense to me. I do agree we need carbs, but 60 sounds like a ton to me.

Well I lost another 2 lbs in 3 days so it is working for me . But I believe we are all different .only had 26 carbs today and 858 calories

My surgeon if a big low carb believer. He explained a scenario of a slice of cake for 1200 calories vs a steak dinner with veggies at 1200 calories. You would lose weight on the steak not cake. Due to carbs. Makes total sense to me. I do agree we need carbs, but 60 sounds like a ton to me.

Yes, but not all carbs are cake! That's one of the issues we were discussing, should you count net carbs or total carbs. Obviously the cake makes sense, but you can get to 60g of carbs with vegetables really fast!!!!