Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your new favorite protein snack?

My surgery was on 6/27 and I'm trying to find new ways to get in all that Protein. Yesterday I made some sugar free Jello and added a scoop of Any whey.

This morning I had some for Breakfast with nonfat vanilla yogurt. Wow, what a nice breakfast!:hungry:

This is what I had:

1/2 cup SF jello = 3 gm protein

1/4 cup NF vanilla yogurt = 8 gm protein

So for 11 gms of protein I had a nice little breakfast.:clap2:

I may even have some more as a snack later tonight.

So what's your new favorite protein snack/meal?

Care to share?

Every morning I fix myself a smoothie of sorts. Kinda my own invention. Haha.

I take 8 strawberries, a FF yogurt (Vanilla or Strawberry), about 8 oz skim milk, and a scoop (or 2) of chocolate Protein Powder, and blend well. Makes a pretty big serving (I sip about half of it on my way to work, and then finish it a couple hours later for a 'snack'). I think its about 40 - 70 gms Protein, depending on if I use 1 or 2 scoops of the protein mix.

OK, I'm not really a high Protein advocate but I do certainly get that Protein makes you full longer and is more satisfying, so if I snack, I eat protein foods. If I eat simple carbs like a few crackers, the danger is I just keep eating and eating.

I like the little snack packs of raw nuts - portion controlled since I tend to way overeat nuts if I buy big bags

a cold hard boiled egg - I usually do a dozen a week and keep them in the fridge as the kids love them too

a piece of cheese

half an apple peeled and sliced with Peanut Butter spread on it.

No idea how many grams, I dont count, but good filling Snacks.

Boost Glucose Control chocolate drink - 16g

Cabot Low fat white Cheddar

Cottage cheese with fresh berries 12g per 1/2 cup

Sweet & Spicy tuna w/ mayo & a few crackers

Slices of canadian bacon

Nuts, but can't seem to eat them anymore :)

I'm still in the mushies, so this will probably change when I can eat real food again:

Odwalla Super Protein chocolate Drink

Stonyfield Farm Organic Frozen Yogurt

A few ounces of hummus

Miso Soup -- this is great if I'm craving something salty

From Vitamin Shoppe I buy Ostrim sticks. They are 80 caloires, 14 grams of Protein. They're basically 'slim jims' but healthier; made of beef and ostrich. And just 1.5 oz serving if you can't eat very much; it is alot of protein. They come natural, teriyaki, BBQ and peppered.

Hi Suzzzie

What protien powder do you use. I have tried several but they all have a funny taste. My doc told me not to take more than 20-25 grams of protien at a sitting, says it's too hard on the kidneys.

Has anyone ever tried this stuff? Figured I could hold my nose and swill it!:)

Profect� Protein Beverage

PROFECT_s.jpg

MORE INFO

2.7 fl. oz vial. 25g Protein, 0g fat, 0g carbohydrates. Available in Blue Raspberry Swirl�, Cool Melon Splash�, Fresh Citrus Berry� and Grapefruit Mango.

Every morning I fix myself a smoothie of sorts. Kinda my own invention. Haha.

I take 8 strawberries, a FF yogurt (vanilla or Strawberry), about 8 oz skim milk, and a scoop (or 2) of chocolate Protein Powder, and blend well. Makes a pretty big serving (I sip about half of it on my way to work, and then finish it a couple hours later for a 'snack'). I think its about 40 - 70 gms protein, depending on if I use 1 or 2 scoops of the protein mix.

My daughter tried those vials and said they were nasty.

My favorite snack is BBQ soy crisps. They have Protein in them, yet they taste like BBQ potato chips.

What is Any whey and where do you get it?

Hi Suzzzie

What protien powder do you use. I have tried several but they all have a funny taste. My doc told me not to take more than 20-25 grams of protien at a sitting, says it's too hard on the kidneys.

PROFECT_s.jpg

MORE INFO

2.7 fl. oz vial. 25g Protein, 0g fat, 0g carbohydrates. Available in Blue Raspberry Swirl�, Cool Melon Splash�, Fresh Citrus Berry� and Grapefruit Mango.

Hmmm, Can't remember the name of the protein powder. I'm out of it now, need to pick up more on Friday when I get paid. I got it from Wal-Mart. I think it costs like $11-$13. The container is red with a black lid. I like it really well, but be careful how its mixed. Its not BAD with just Water or milk, but does have an odd taste. I just add it to smoothies or cream of wheat and its pretty good.

I absolutely love the champion nutrition pure whey Protein stack - banana scream!! I have a few different flavors of this brand and this one by far is the best. It just mixes with Water I don't have the extra calories of the milk and I can make one anywhere with some bottled water (just shake it up). I can't wait to get to work so I can have one for Breakfast in the morning.

Joanie

Hi Suzzzie

PROFECT_s.jpg

MORE INFO

I actually love the IDS New whey Protein Bullets - I buy the 42 gram ones in fruit Punch flavor. I mix it 50/50 with Water.

Immediately after surgery I took 2 and added to 10oz Water in 16oz bottle and that was my goal each day to get that in for my daily protein requirement. I'd drink a third at Breakfast, lunch, dinner.

As I said -- I Love them (42 gr dilluted)!

Gina

I absolutely love the champion nutrition pure whey Protein stack - banana scream!! I have a few different flavors of this brand and this one by far is the best. It just mixes with Water I don't have the extra calories of the milk and I can make one anywhere with some bottled Water (just shake it up). I can't wait to get to work so I can have one for breakfast in the morning.

Joanie

Where do you get this stuff?

I can't recall if I posted this here or on another thread.

Anyhow, I have a protien powder that tastes great! (And I'm super picky!) It comes in vanilla or chocolate and provides 27g of Protein. You can mix it with Water or milk, but I don't see the point of adding the extra calories of the milk.

It is called EAS PREMIUM Protein, 3-Stage Extended Release Protein Blend and it comes in a purple and silver 6 pound resealable bag. I got it at costco for about $30 or so. The vanilla has 140 calories and the chocolate has 150 calories.

It's great to just throw a scoop in my Magic Bullet with 8 oz. of Water and a few ice cubes and let it go...takes just a minute and I'm out the door with my breakfast in hand.

Much healthier than my old breakfast consisting of only coffee! :ranger:

I have ordered it on line from Vitalady.com and I have gotten it locally in Minneapolis at a health place, can't remember the name. Price was about the same. You can order samples.< /p>

Joanie

My daughter tried those vials and said they were nasty.

My favorite snack is BBQ soy crisps. They have Protein in them, yet they taste like BBQ potato chips.

What is Any Whey and where do you get it?

Any Whey (Optimum Nutrition) is a tasteless, Protein Powder. One serving has 17g of Protein. I love it - put it in everything, and it is not grainy at all. I add it to Soups & juices. I get it from Vitamin Shoppe but you may be able to get it from your local GNC that carries ON products.

any_whey.jpg