Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So the new big boy on the market is the Power Crunch bar. all different flavors and pretty dang delicious. High Protein, 5 g of sugar ( not too bad) right? No Sugar Alcohols, great? Seems great right?

Well after ingesting a piece of one at a friends house. I picked up a couple in my local Vitamin Shoppe. I mean they looked good, But when i got them home, i gave them to my wife to give out at her place of work. Why? simple. My god they are loaded with FAT! and not even good fat but Saturated fat. Wow. what the heck?

For example the chocolate mint has 13g of fat!!! a whopping 6 grams of saturated fat!! that is 30% of a normal person's daily recommended fat intake on a 2000 calorie diet. For a sleever that is like 29% too much.

Then I realized its the old bait and switch. Lower the sugar and calories, increase the fat for taste. Just like Low fat usually means high sugar.

Don't even get me started on the No sugar added, tagline that other products used.

Fat is not the enemy in my weight loss. Sugar and carbs are. I lose weight eating fat, Protein, veggies and lower carb fruits. I use olive oil, real butter, walnut oil, coconut oil and hazelnut oil.

I think it all depends on what your metabolism seems to like.

There is also a difference between saturated fats and unsaturated fats. bad fats versus good fats. Many of the oils you mentioned are higher in unsaturated fats.

I've been eating a PowerCrunch pretty much every day through my weight loss cycle and now more than a year in successful maintenance. It has not been a problem. It is my go-to "cookie" and helps me keep from making a waayyyy worse choice! Nothing wrong with incorporating it as a high Protein treat as long as you're meeting your macros and weight loss goals! But then I've been successful counting nothing but protein (85+g per day) and staying loosely around 1200 calories.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches