Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't respond or post

I do not know who to contact but I can not respond to or post in the veterans forum, I had surgery almost 2 years ago and do not want to be limited to the newbies or beginners as I need to communicate with people out over a year.

I can't figure out how to start a new topic???

Look under settings to contact

The reason is that it requires 100 posts on this forum. Easy way to get that is to welcome newbies, congratulate people on NSV etc. You don't need to start 100 posts, just make 100. I think you are up to 6 or 7 now.

So I cant start a topic till I have made 100 post??

that is a stupid rule, now can I block a know it all that is driving me insane with all of her :rolleyes:

Her question was about the veterans forum. You can start a new post on any other public forum.

I am not sure how to block someone. ..

Cowgirls and how to I make a new topic? I have looked everywhere and don't understand how to do it.

I have put pics in before and after 3 x

I am on iPhone 99% of the time

Now I see no pictures on my profile. How do I post profile pics? Thank you in advance.

On my android phone i go to the forum I want to post to and then click on the pencil looking icon at top of the screen.

On my laptop there is a large button at the top of the forum that says "START NEW TOPIC" Click it and write!

I think the key is you don't see those choices when you are reading an existing post/thread - but you see it when you are viewing the lists of posts in a forum if that makes any sense...

Cowgirls and how to I make a new topic? I have looked everywhere and don't understand how to do it.

I see a picture of you as your avatar next to your post.

Is it the before and after picture you are having trouble posting? I did mine from my laptop. When I tried to do it from my android just now, I could only see how to add that main/avatar photo. I am not sure how this is done. What kind of phone do you use?

I have put pics in before and after 3 x
I am on iPhone 99% of the time
Now I see no pictures on my profile. How do I post profile pics? Thank you in advance.

iPhone 6 is what I use. I have an iPad also. Can I use existing pics or do I take a picture (of my older huge self)of a picture?

Golly. I think I need a 12 year old to help me.., they seem to know

I don't use an iphone so have no idea.

There are sort of 3 "areas" of pictures you may use

1. is the avatar that shows up next to your post. Julie, you have one of those so check one off the list!

2. Before and after photos - they are right there on the profile (when viewed from a laptop). I don't see how to do that from an Android, have no idea how on an iphone. They are uploaded - so you can use old and new pix, whatever.

3. the gallery, again on the profile and my remarks about category 2 probably also applies here.

If you go into my profile i have pix in all three categories, including having multiple albums in the gallery.

I am guessing you won't even be able to see all my pictures from the phone....

I have been on this site about 4 years and now many people use phones which is too bad because you miss out on so much. You can't tell who are really longer time posters (more experienced), you can't see signature with the weight loss statistics and you can't see the inspiring pix that people used to put in their profiles. Those were such a source of inspiration for me as a newbie it really is too bad.

Also, with the phones since you can't tell "stats" about people, you don't know if you are getting advice from someone who is at goal and maintaining or a newbie that hasn't even had surgery yet him/herself... and yes...newbies do that because they are excited to share what they have learned, but it is not based on first hand experience and I personally like to know that information when considering advice received..

iPhone 6 is what I use. I have an iPad also. Can I use existing pics or do I take a picture (of my older huge self)of a picture?
Golly. I think I need a 12 year old to help me.., they seem to know