Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-op day 2 and regretting

Kevbear--I too was sleeved 7/13 and feel so much better than I did even three days ago. It's truly amazing how quickly everything changes.

Now, that's not to say it isn't difficult, because it is! Every sip takes mindfulness and patience, otherwise a sharp pain radiates across my abdomen and I have to get up and walk laps in my house to feel normal again (well, my new normal).

I'm hungry but I'm not hungry. My sleeve wants something in it--a sip of Protein, some Water. My head wants to chew on the tacos my husband made for dinner (why can't everyone also not eat?! Haha.).

I'm losing weight and feeling not-too-bad, but I'm sleepy and sometimes moody. My body is coming to terms with a hard stop to a three decades long bad habit. My mind too--that's the real culprit.

Sometimes I have to stop and breathe mindfully to a count of five or ten to regain my composure. The need/desire/craving for food can hit me in a wave not unlike a panic attack. But that has only happened once or twice and I have righted myself quickly.

Right now, my main challenge is that I am in grad school and can't quite get my mind to 'turn on'. I'm behind already and losing more ground daily. It's so hard to focus on other things besides how I'm feeling, what I'm eating/drinking. And it is just plain hard to focus period.

I'm so amazed at all of you who have done this with children, or demanding jobs!

Anyway, all you other July Sleevers--we got this!!!

**Update**

First of all, thank y'all very much for all the positive support and well wishes. I was a little hesitant to join BP bc I wasn't sure if I would get the support I wanted. But, you guys are wonderful and I'm glad I'm here.

Post-op Day 5...today is the first day I've felt semi-human. My brain feels more focused and less under attack from the pain.

Still having a little bit of an issue with gas pain and general intestinal gurgling.

I don't know what the designation of the second incision from the right was but holy #%^*. It must have been torqued on unmercilessly or was the liver retractor site. I have bruised so badly and have such intense pain from that ONE site.

Mild to moderate sharp pain with deep breathing on the left side and a constant aching, burning, tearing pain from that incision on the right. But making due with Tylenol...

I really hope I'm over the hump and maybe by day 7 I'll feel 80%.

Glad you're starting to feel better! I'm still pre-op, but I'm a firm believer in the adult liquid Tylenol - I think it works faster than the pill form. I've only been able to find the Wal-Mart version, though I haven't done a thorough survey of all of the drugstores.

Thank you for sharing your story! Best of luck in your recovery!

I'm on day 4 and let me tell you...day 2 is the WORST. But day 3 was better and day 4 I feel sooooo much better. Yes, it gets better and faster than you'd think. Hang in there!

I don't know my surgeon is always rushing me through my appointment so nothing gets helped he just says keep trying u can go to next stage, I'm like I can't get past stage 1, I'm scared because someone told me if surgery goes wrong people usually die within 90 days of the surgery

The doc rushes through ur appointment, i would really YELL, i need help & take as much time i would like.

Im 16 months out & i can eat anything but not that much, bread is not my friend. I only lost 55 pounds but i wouldn't change it for the world.

Good luck

I need someone out there to tell me I'll feel so much better in a couple of days.

Btwn gas pain, incisional pain and nausea, I am hating myself for doing this.

I loved Water pre-op and can barely sip it without becoming nauseated. The pain med I was sent home with is some God awful cherry flavor.

Everything I can have right now makes me absolutely sick.

It's going to get better, right??

ohhhh you WILL feel better. I posted the same thing immediately post op. I felt AWFUL. The pain was horrendous for me and I couldn't drink either. I'm 3 months out and this was the best decision I've ever made for myself. I'm down 60 pounds and off my blood pressure meds since week 8. Hang in there, kiddo.

It will pass! You'll be ecstatic!

Yes. The lights came on today (post op day 7)! Hallelujah! The pain is more discomfort (except when sneezing) and I'm wanting to get out and join the world again!!!

Not to mention a 13.4lb loss from surgery!!

Thanks for all the encouragement and support!!

Hello all, I was sleeved on 7/20, this week I am calling these past few days hell! Today I am finally not in pain with every sip of Water, it is getting a little better. I have to believe I am getting less nauseaus and stronger every day. This is not easy.

It is definitely not easy. I was sleeved on 7/20 as well. Yesterday I was nauseated all day and generally miserable. Today is 90% better. Day and night. It just takes time and patience. Hang in there everyone. We will get through this.

It will get better. I was sleeved 7/17 and a week out I feel 95% normal. I'm still on liquid because I am a bit afraid of starting purée--- I will start it tomorrow through.

I was also sleeved on 7/17. The first 3 or 4 days were very difficult, but it has gotten better each day. I now have no problem taking in 64+ oz of fluids and 64g of Protein, including lots of yogurt meals.. I'm pretty much back to normal. Just waiting for the day I can once again eat real food, just in much smaller portions.

It gets better! I was so excited before surgery to get it done. First 2 days I told hubby I wasn't excited anymore. I was in so much pain. After that my post op had been great. I wish everyone could feel that way. I'm a couple days shy of one month out, sleeved July 2nd. I feel great! 14 days post op I was white Water rafting and hiking! Only pain I have is when I eat just a bite too much. I have lost 21 pound post op and 39 pounds since the first appointment. Look forward, you will be so happy, and healthy! Praying it gets better for you.

I was sleeved July 20th and the severe acid reflux I was suffering from has finally subsided a bit today. Most discomfort has subsided to being manageable. What I have been battling a lot the last few days is surge of regret and that I will never be "normal" again and if I develop complications...

I never knew how much I missed food and what a strong connection I have to it. I have to keep reminding myself this feeling is temporary but the anxiety is overwhelming.

I swear I could have written this word for word last week! Today is day 6 and things are getting better. I don't really have an appetite and have to make myself eat, but it's getting better. I loved Water, the colder the better; but now it's a chore that will hopefully be enjoyable again.

Focus on each day. Think about what you hope to accomplish-water intake, less noticeable pain, etc. it does help.

Today my goal is Water intake and dare I say it, washing my hair.

Things will improve. Good luck.