Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im soooo tired of looking!!

Wow UIC>>>> mmmm ... makes you wonder... pierce.. I call there the other day the lady say they are not even having info seesions till next nov.08 and then after that theyll put you on a waiting list for a year... Baby Bye ... by next year I would look like a 3 flat... hahaha...

I had surgery there 2 years ago with Dr. Horgan, I never had the chance to talk to him prior to surgery as he was behind. Then I didn't see him after surgery. I had complications and had to spend the night. I was admited without being put on a liquid diet, so they brought me meatloaf and dinner rolls 8 hours after surgery. I wasn't given liquid pain meds, first they brought me pills, then I had to wait for the doctor to respond to his pager to prescribe liquids and liquid pain meds. I was finally discharged the next afternoon (by a med student, not my surgeon). A week later I went to the office for my post-op appointment and still no surgeon, now I am dealing with the "fellow" Dr Galvani, he is the new head surgeon at the bariactric dept there. He had an attitude problem with me when I asked what size my band was I was told that I didn't need to worry about it unless I was planning to do my own fills. I raised hell and a nurse looked at my surgical notes and told me what size/kind of band I had. Then Dr. Galvani told me that I should be working out already (7 days post-op). I left in tears. I called several days later to schedual a fill as I knew it would take a fews weeks to get an appointment. I was told I had to self pay for fills and submit myself for reimbursement with my insurance company. My ins paid 100% for my band. I was told fills were at 900 north michigan ave only. I ageed and asked if I could make an appointment with dr. horgan, the girl actually laughed at me. He didn't do fills. (he also taught dr. galvani, so I'm going to guess that he won't do fills either) I would have to see an associate for fills (nurse? PA? I'm not sure) I hung up and started calling around, I refused to pay for fills when I had insurance coverage. My insurance does cover my fills, I pay a $15 co-pay if they are done blind and nothing if done under fluro (the hospital bills as diagnostic). Overall, I was treated poorly by the previous surgeon, and Dr Galvani as well. I hate to think of how to treats people now that he is the boss. He was a total jackass/power trip/god-complex moron as the "fellow" being the boss I'm sure he is worse. ~Mandy

Wow UIC>>>> mmmm ... makes you wonder... pierce.. I call there the other day the lady say they are not even having info seesions till next nov.08 and then after that theyll put you on a waiting list for a year... Baby Bye ... by next year I would look like a 3 flat... hahaha...

"a 3 flat"... shygirl that was tooo funny.

Wow with a story like pierce... that is crazy, I just dont know how this doctors get away with this. Anyways I am glad your ok, and you found a good place to go to.... Wow u have left me in shock... Jess

Search, Dr Galvani,and Dr Horgan on here I'm not the only one that had problems with them. I know of at least two other people that had issues there and have gone else where. ~Mandy

Yeap also when you go to obesity help they have some review there about them .... I just cant believe it...how this doc s get away with this...

Ok here is my last Galvani horror story then I'm off to bed. thechattrooper and I were discussing our issues with the office on here and we couldn't remember Galvani's name so we called him "blue eyed asshole". He has really dark skin and freakishly light blue eyes. thechattroopers last visit he informed her that his name was Dr. Galvani, they were READING this site, and following up/spying on their patients. I had to come somewhere for support, when I posted about post-op issues on the yahoo group that they have I was booted from the group for being too negative. I have a hematoma the size of a tennis ball and I was wondering how common that was. ~Mandy

Wow Mandy that is crazy... Anyways I have the medical card and I heard really good storys from Mercy Hospital.. But I have gotten to the point somedays that I Just want to finance the whole thing and go to Mexico where my friend had hers done... But then of course my mother is like wait you got medicaid.. and your gonna pay so then my mind starts rolling around like a crazy nut...

Anyway .. so your going to Orlando??? I am originally from Orlando lived there 15 years before hitting Chitown....Now IM her with my 2 year old having fun with him... the terrible 2s... is a true story....I never believed it till now... Its really true.... Hes a boy at that... so my days are really busy... Anyways... I wish u the best at Disney...

Holy Crap pierce... that was horrible. I went to a info session with Dr. Horgan before he moved to California. I was gonna go with them, I'm glad I didn't .

Ahhhh...Holy Crap after reading this I might cancel my appt...I have an appt on 7/28 @ UIC...Luckly I work for a residency program so I have friends who know the surgeons there, maybe they can recommend someone better..