Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You go Mindy we have the same surgery date, well let me tell you the first couple of days was really hard for me but as time has went by I'm getting better with my shakes and Protein bars, I can have 4 shakes (slim fast) a day 2 bars, 2 cups of chicken broth, popsicles, and sugar free Jello so that really helps and plenty of Water I also keep in mind we can do because next summer we going to be slim and trim and very healthy. Good Luck!!!!:)

Can I Join ? LOL Hi I just found this thread. I am going to be banded on 7-16.

I started my pre op diet on Monday . Its high Protein low carb .

I really dont know how ya'll are doing it on liquids because I feel like im starving . Espically at night . Around 8 pm on I become REALLY hungry !

So im trucking along . I did cheat last night I had a small piece of pizza .

But other than that ive followed the diet.

Anyway , Just wanted to say Hi .

Mindy

You go Mindy we have the same surgery date, well let me tell you the first couple of days was really hard for me but as time has went by I'm getting better with my shakes and Protein bars, I can have 4 shakes (slim fast) a day 2 bars, 2 cups of chicken broth, popsicles, and sugar free Jello so that really helps and plenty of Water I also keep in mind we can do because next summer we going to be slim and trim and very healthy. Good Luck!!!!:)

AWESOME im glad I found someone else w/ the same surgery date. I have been talking to someone else that has July 16th . She's not on a pre op as of yet. It is better now than before. Im still pretty hungry in the evening . But ive been drinking Water more , i tend to forget it .

Feel free to PM me sunshinesonya we can keep in touch and commiserate during our post op days. LOL

Love Mindy

I just wanted to talk about the fact that it should be refered to as a preop life style not diet...we know what the word diet does to us all....Secondly ..if we look at what we do now as an act of our free will , more than it is of our doctors orders ,the more success we will have as time goes by. The banding is our decision to do something different with our lives. If the only thing we decide to do differently is the banding ,then we might want to ask ourselves what we are going to do in addition to the banding and what will ultimatly bring me success as a result of my own decisions and not by directive of someone else. If you want help with a diet that changes your life style and your life send me your contact info and let us help you.

Regards,

Crystal,

Does anyone else feel like they are not doing well on the pre op ?

I think im doing OK but not well enough . IM more afraid of my liver not being small enough . For Some reason I have that stuck in my head.

Im seriously considering doing a all liquid 2 days before surgery .

Im cheating here and there , nothing major no binges like Saturday I had half a donut for Breakfast. But I feel like im not doing something right.

I have never been able to loose weight due to PCOS so the fact that ive been able to loose 6lbs in 2 weeks should be great. But nothings has come off since the first week. Im drinking more Water than i have ever drank in my life .

I just feel like im not doing well ?

Anyone else feel this way ?

HELP

Mindy

I am doing the preop diet now and will be banded on Monday. I only had to be on it for 10 days prior to the surgery. My diet constist of anything liquid, cream Soups that are smoth and at least 50 grams of Protein a day.

I am being banded on Monday and I am on a all liquid preop diet with no more than 20 grams of Protein, low fat, low sugar diet. Pretty limited in what I can have. I have lost 13.6lbs so far since Sunday. I am looking forward to getting a little more variety on Tuesday b/c it has been lots of broth. Sorry to say this to you but glad to know others have a pre-liquid diet that is similiar to mine. You know the saying--misery loves company LOL

My surgery is this Monday, the 16th. I've been on a pre op diet for two weeks now and have lost 10 lbs. A Protein Drink for breakfast and lunch and a lean cuisine for dinner. and all the green stuff I want. I have been drinking Glucerna because of diabetes and it doesn't taste too bad. kind of like cold hot chocolate.< /p>

Optifast shakes

I have been on the Optifast for a week now and have 6 days to go, but I am having more trouble with the bars than the shakes. I take one of the vanilla shakes - add about ¼ pkg of sugar free Jello and ice and beat it up in my trusty Magic Bullet and really don't mind it at all.

On the bars, they are so sweet that I find out they go down better with hot tea (herbal).

The Soup is my favorite but since I started adding spices and lt. salt and pepper to it - my weight quit dropping - dont know if it is because of that or not??

I have been really faithful but did have a homegrown Tomato the other night - I thought big deal - it is just a tomato.

All in all it is going good and anxiously awaiting surgery on July 23.

Wish me luck. Plan to get home on the 24 and have company coming the 25 :faint:

Hi. I'm still in the preliminary stage as I've just made the first contact with the surgeon to get a consult. I've been reading the posts about the pre-op diets and it seems as most of the posters are referring to restrictions right before surgery.

What about dieting for several weeks or months? Have some of you had to do this and was there a specific amount that you were required to lose? I think I've read about some insurance that requires anywhere from 3 months to a year of dieting and 25 pounds or more to lose.

If I could lose weight on my own I wouldn't necessarily need the band:-) I'm worried that if my insurance requires me to lose weight first, I might not make it.

What's the rationale and what if a six month weight loss causes the bmi to go below the minimum?

Thanks for the replies.

So i'm on a pre-op diet of cottage cheese, yogurt, skim milk and Water.

I am feeling really really run down and tired. I was thinking of having a stir fry for dinner tonight just because I'm so tired but would that mean my liver wont be small enough???

Happyhaley- you might not be getting enough protien. Before you have the stirfry I would have a protien shake. They really helped get me through. I was on pre-op diet for 10 days, I know what your going through, but when they say no food, they mean no food. This is for your health. You can do it!!