Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 minute workout

Anyone have any experience with this, or have any thoughts on it? I just found out that there's a fitness center 2 blocks from my office that features only this machine. Would it be a waste of time and/or money? Of course, I would continue doing the exercise I'm currently doing, and this would be added as supplemental exercise...IF I decide it's something I want to try.

ROM - The Four Minute CrossTrainer

I honestly don't believe you can get a 4 minute cardio workout that will do you any good for your heart. 4 minutes??? I just can't see it, but then again, maybe it is the "magic" machine....hope others have opinions for you..and I hope someone has actually tried this to tell you about it. Deanna

I have NO interest in buying one, but I can join this gym for $45 a month (no contract) and use one up to 6 days a week.....

I did try it, they let you do 2 workouts free....I was sweating bullets when I was done, and I was exhausted and totally on an endorphin rush afterward. I don't get that rush very often, so I was pretty excited, but I'm still skeptical....I would love to hear from someone who has used one regularly before...

I'm afraid it's another gimmick.....

well, if you tried it and seemed to work then give it a shot. One month wont hurt you any. Do some measuring before hand and then keep doing what you are doing for exercise now and see if there is any improvment. I just can't see 4 minutes is enough to get your heart rate up and going like it is suppose to for the benefits. BUT who knows...maybe it will be great...Deanna

On the back of it, there's a thing like a stair stepper, that takes your legs through a FULL Range Of Motion (it's called a ROM, get it?) and you do that for 4 minutes one day. The next day, you do 4 minutes on the front of the machine, which is similar to a rowing machine, only you push as well as pull, and it takes your upper body through a full range of motion as well.

Their website explains it better than I do. The link is in the original post....

I guess I am still skeptical of the four minutes a day thing. Crap if it only takes four minutes a day and it works....everyone should have one...not at that price tag though...lol

OK, I've gone and done this for 3 days now, and let me tell you, I come out of there every bit as sweaty, and wasted as I would coming out of Curves. Maybe more so. Maybe there's something to this. I signed up for one month (and got one free) and they took a body fat measurement, total measurements, weight, etc, and at the end of the 2 months, I'll have them do it all again, and based on my stats then, I'll decide for myself if it was worth it, and if there is anything to this.

I'll try to keep posting on here how I think it's going...