Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 1 week and 2 days post op.. Everything went better then I thought it would with my surgery and could not be happier with my progress.. But these cravings are really driving me nuts.. I'm literally dreaming about food.. food that is so so bad for me and I know I can't have ever again.. I'll admit, I was addicted to food and I think I'm going through withdraw.. I'm trying so hard to keep my eye on my main goal and my future!

I absolutely love this app! It's so great to have a place to go to for anything and everything about the surgery pre op and post op.. It's so very helpful and so uplifting and encouraging!☺️

It's perfectly normal. It does get better. You are so limited on what you can have right now. Once you start eating you start finding things that will satisfy the cravings. I was dying for something sweet yesterday. One of my coworkers had a browning (still firm not completely brown) banana and was about to throw it away. I told her I'd take it. I ate about half and it was so delicious. Probably more carbs than I needed, but compared to what the alternative could be it was great.

@@Chelsdkunk5894

When you get those cravings drink more fluids, go do something like take a walk, read a book, take a shower, go to the garden. Anything to get your mind off of it.

Stop thinking that you will never have those foods again because it simply may not be true and is probably making those cravings worse. My nut has taught me very good habits that have allowed me to deal with my cravings and still indulge once in a while.

When you are able to start eating normal foods again which will be a while from now, you will eat Protein first and good carbs second. My body started craving good Protein and good carbs instead of all the junk I used to crave. The saying you are what you eat is so true.

I used to be a fast food and sweets junkie. I had RNY, I can still eat those foods if I wanted to. My stomach will let me. I no longer desire them. The first time I tasted a French fry post surgery it was so disgusting that I just don't even think about them again. Pasta was my favorite, I have tried it a few times, I no longer care for it at all. My cravings have changed to good protein, vegetables and fruits. It really is weird the way it works.

The first month or so you just have to learn to manage that head hunger you are having. Leverage fluids and go do something else to get your mind off of it. You can master the cravings, don't let them get the best of you.

Also don't be afraid to reach out to your psychologist if you have a hard time with this. They will give you tools to help you through it.

Good luck to you. You will do great!

In my first couple of weeks after surgery, I literally had dreams that consisted of sitting down and eating a cheeseburger or a slice of pizza. I always had to laugh when I woke up from one of those. No digging through metaphors for me, I just missed my favorite foods!

The dreams stopped within a few weeks. At this point, I still have occasional cravings for things outside my plans. On very rare instances I have given in to the cravings, and none of the foods have ever tasted as good as I remembered or as I built them up to be. As a result, the cravings are diminishing in both frequency and intensity. It's a process.