Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@MissRobin. My experience with Dr Garcia and his team was incledible. They take very care of you and have very good bed side manners. The hospital is very clean and confortable. Everything is well organized and the doctors and nurses are very competent. Almost all the doctors there have had a gastric surgery.

I went through Ready 4 a Change. They were very attentive to my needs and wel organized. The hotel was ok (Mariott). I asked for a room on the golf side. The room was bigger and more quiet. But we had to pay an extra for that. It wasnt' much though.

The only down side was the location. I did not like Tijuana..but that's just me!

I wish you the best of luck on your journey!

@@Anniel2015, yes, I made a certified check to Ready4Achange. Une traite bancaire pourrait aussi faire.

Super! Thanks! I'm getting kind of scared after a review I just read. My surgeon will be Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela. She practices in the Mi hospital. From what a lady just wrote she says that the services at the hospital and the the hotel were not appropriate. I will be staying at the Hyatt hotel.

@Anniel2015...If you need to speak with someone who had the experience, we could arrange to talk. Don't worry about Tijuana. Everything will be fine. Are you going with someone?

@@Anniel2015, I wouldn't know about Mi hospital or the Hyatt. You could go on the web site and foresee what these places offer. It is never too late to change your idea and choose another organisation or surgeon. Anyhow, I bet you made your investigation about it.

I chose my surgeon on a personal recommandation from someone I knew. It helped a lot.

If I can help, do not hesitate.

@@Anniel2015, I wouldn't know about Mi hospital or the Hyatt. You could go on the web site and foresee what these places offer. It is never too late to change your idea and choose another organisation or surgeon. Anyhow, I bet you made your investigation about it.

I chose my surgeon on a personal recommandation from someone I knew. It helped a lot.

If I can help, do not hesitate.

A talk would be nice! My email is annielachance2015@gmail.com.

Please send me your phone number and then the best time for you and I will call for sure!

@@Anniel2015 I did have Dr. Valenzuala. Although I only talked to her for a few minutes, she seemed nice, but more important I seem to be doing good. My experience with the Mi hospital and the Mexico Bariatric Centre was terrible. First, just watched my pajama pants 3 times as the black on the bottom from the filthy floor. I found the driver to the coordinator heret was sketchy. I have travelled enough to know that Tijuana is shady to begin with but they take you to a few stores in a shopping location and only let you buy from their "friends"...we went on our own but it is a good way to walk. Hyatt was ok, no one spoke English, rooms were nice, popsicles were just ice Water on a coffee stir stick.

My nursing care was bad. But yet I hear rave reviews and that confuses me. Its not a hospital, its a very very small clinic with construction going on and really no hall ways to walk through post op. I was inventive and just went from one floor to the next...not what the brochure says. They gave me morphine, which I cant handle and I told the "nurse"t understand me and gave it to me any way. MY IV wasn't working most of the time, so keep an eye on it. I had blood all over my bed and they never changed it from them attempting to get the IV in my left hand. I demanded the them to try the right hand as my left one was size of football.

Now this is just my opinion, a few ladies at the same time had minor issues but were satisfied with the Mi hospital.< /p>

There is another doctor who spoke English and he was good, he checked up a lot and if it wasn't for him I probably would be more upset. We left a day early to get the F out of Tijuana ( hate it) but 8 days out I have to think of the operation itself......and it was good.

Hello fellow Canadians!

I am new here so my apologies if my question is posted in the wrong spot. I have two actually: 1- I see a lot of ppl mentioning that they used Bariatricpal to book their surgery can anyone tell me how? 2- how can we decided on the surgeon? I am seeing a lot of names here and there, but does anyone know if there is a list somewhere here or elsewhere for that matter? I am so confused about the surgeon part so any help will be appreciated!

I am planning to have the sleeves in Mexico end of the year so I really appreciate any insights you can give me to reach my dream :-) as i want to book soooooon

Edited by Nonos

i am from Edmonton too! My surgery is booked for September 24, with Dr. Rodriguez. I am using Beliteweight as well. I am very excited to have this done and get my life back!

@@Nonos

I was sleeved on July 29th by Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the Obesity Control Center in Tijuana, and am COMPLETELY thrilled with my surgery. I was literally shopping in downtown Tijuana the next day. I feel wonderful, I have lost 30lbs since my surgery, the staff are incredible.

If you'd like more info feel free to message me :)

Great to hear LivingLight!

Canadian here as well :)

Alberta gal here and I am thinking about going to the OCC. I have had 3 friends go in 2014 to see Dr. Ortiz and they all tell me they would go there again if they had to. I am still in the research stages tho, does anyone know what kind of payment plans there are out there for us Canadians?

Edited by Amberbo

@@Amberbo - If you look on the OCC site, there is a page where they talk about financing options through the OCC

Also, there is a third party company called MediCard - which deals exclusively with Loans to Canadians for Medical Costs. When I was doing my research talking to all the surgeons and companies etc, most of them told me about this one. I believe the interest is not that favourable (but probably not worse than a credit card?)