Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guest ClaireInCanada

Hey Bariatric Pal is offering a deal if you join my Canada to Mexico WLS group!!!

=Hey Hey Everyone, To Celebrate the New Canada Group and Bariatricpal.com group, we are going to have a $500 raffle discount on a Surgery with any of our Medical Teams, our goal is 250 members, if you win and have already had surgery, you can use the $500 coupon towards a plastic surgery or transfer it to a family member or friend

Spread the word please?

@BusyLizzy@rainnie1976 how are you all doing?? Don't leave us hanging here. Welcome to the Losers bench!!

I'm feeling so good! The hospital staff at Star Medica in Juarez was amazing! I do have a bit of gas pain but Gas X strips and walking are helping a lot! This morning I was down 21 lbs since I started my pre-op diet 17 days ago.

Fellow Canadian, BC born and raised, transplanted to Saskatchewan in 2007.

It looks like I am going for VSG July 29th with Dr. Ariel Ortiz.

Everything is as the 98% likelihood of happening, I am just hoping nothing falls out of place!

Zoiks!!

I am from Alberta and am scheduled for sleeve in Tijuana September 24!

Hello all!

I'm from Montreal and scheduled for my sleeve in Tijuana on September 12th with Dr. Louisiana Valenzuela. I am going with Mexico Bariatric Center.

I'm a little nervous but can't wait for this to be done!

Hey guys, I'm from Edmonton as well BMI 35.4. I'm having my surgery in September 11 with Dr Maytorena. They have a promotion of $3000 so I decided to get it done with him! Plus Ive been discussing with couple of his patients and they all doing great and look great.

My questions is for those who went thru this procedure, what did y'all have as your preop? I got the Premier Protein bars with 30g of Protein and they too sweet for me, and also got the same brand but in shake chocolate flavour it only has 1g sugar but the taste is juste awful. Any suggestions please?

Edited by ready2besleeved

GNC has a natural (unflavoured) Protein Powder that I love called Pro Performance whey iso burst. It has 40 g of Protein in 2 scoops. I usually add PB2 to it (adds flavour and more protein) and mix with Water. I don't do Protein Bars because of the carbs.

$3000 is a sweet deal! Congrats on giving yourself this incredible gift!my preop diet was liquids only for 5 days because my bmi was 30. I did it for 7 days just to be safe tho. It was tough but so worth it!

I'd advise that you buy compression socks for the flight home as blood clots are a risk for flying so soon after surgery. Also get up and walk on the plane. I had a blood clot years ago so am overly paranoid about them but better safe than sorry!

I flew to mexico and had my surgery july 11 and have gone from obese to overweight to normal in the time since!

Good luck with your surgery!

I'm so excited for you!!

@ Anniel2015, I am also from Montreal. I was sleeved in may in Tijuana by Dr Garcia. I had a great experience and I am now down 46 pounds. If you have any questions, do note hesitate to write in private.

Best of luck to you.

@@Trahan Caro Can you tell me about your experience with Dr. Garcia and his team.

My surgery is next Thursday :) :) :) :)

SO excited !

@@ClaireInCanada how do we join your group?

Guest ClaireInCanada

@@MissRobin and anyone else interested I can be found on Facebook under Canuck WLS Mexico. Add me as a friend and I will add you to the group. As this is my second go round ( story in profile) I really DEMANDED a private space so we can all share and vent. Hope to hear from everyone soon.

This journey is not for hermits or timid folk. We did the big step. Let's get er done!

I'm from Calgary. One week out. Had terrible experience in Tijuana!!!!!! I'm doing OK but still dealing with the nightmare.

Lealor, now I'm totally worried! I'm schedule with Dr Valenzuela on September 12th!!!!! :/

Guest ClaireInCanada

I'm from Calgary. One week out. Had terrible experience in Tijuana!!!!!! I'm doing OK but still dealing with the nightmare.

Who was your Focyir sand we hat happened??!!

Please share and hope you are all right now!

Sorry to hear that Lealor, what happened?

@ Anniel2015, I am also from Montreal. I was sleeved in may in Tijuana by Dr Garcia. I had a great experience and I am now down 46 pounds. If you have any questions, do note hesitate to write in private.

Best of luck to you.

Hello! Happy to speak with someone from Quebec!

I was wondering about payment, did you bring a certified check?

Thanks so much for your help?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches