Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

I'm very new here... new to the forum.

I am from Yellowknife and looking to get the sleeve surgery in Mexico. I am trying to get all the info I can.

I don't even know where to start.

I have thought about Gastric bypass surgery and then found out about the sleeve surgery... it seems like the better option??

I am so ready for a change....

Kim

I'm from Montreal. I was sleeved on may 18th in Tijuana Mexico by Dr. Fernando Garcia via a different company I did not have the pleasure of dealing with bariatricpal but I hear they're awesome.

I used compression socks (knee high) on the way to Tijuana and back. The flights back were not that bad (transit in Texas form San Diego to Montreal). Everything went really well but I made sure to move my legs/walk as often as possible.

To answer BusyLizzy, I am sorry to say I was sick after my operation....but just once. Just like you, I dreaded vomiting but after it, I felt fine (bettter).

If I can give you advice, ask your coordinator (in advance) to be the first to go into surgery...Otherwise, you may have to wait the whole day for your turn! That served me well.

Welcome Kim!

I'm doing my surgery through BeLite Weight. They are very easy to deal with. Just do a search and they'll pop right up.

You can also look at the deals right here on the BP site. Lots of people have gone with them and love them.

If you simply google Bariatric Surgery in Mexico you should get tons of information.

Edited by rainnie1976

Our health care makes it that they have to deal with it. There are tons of people all over the country getting it done, whether in country or not, so most hospitals know about the issues. We cannot be turned away like it seems people in the US can.

On the advice of my patient coordinator I ordered myself some compression socks to bring with me. They are a brand called Sockwell. You can find them on ebay, or I ordered mine through shoeme.ca

As a CPED (Certified Pedorthist) I quite agree with wearing compression socks on the trip to and from San Diego to help prevent DVT's Deep Veneous Thrombosis (blood clots). Sockwell makes a beautiful product but may be too small for those of us over a 30BMI. In this case they would not reach all the way to the knee and could actually cause the problems we are trying to avoid. Just a note to be very careful>

That's a good point Shustar.

I went to a specialized prothesist...They measured my ankle and leg to make sure I had the right fitted socks...My GP prescribed the socks and my personnal insurance paid for them.

I had surgery June 18 @ HATJ with Dr. Rodriguez. They kept me in hospital for 2 nights. I stayed in a hotel in San Diego for 2 extra nights because I was worried about DVTs/PEs during flight back so soon after surgery. They gave me compression stockings, which I wore for flight. Getting up to walk during flight was next to impossible, as we were packed in like sardines! But I'm alive & well, no complications 6 days out.

Edited by peteyrulz

I'm getting mine done with Dr. Rod next Saturday! How was he??

Guest ClaireInCanada

Hello,

I'm very new here... new to the forum.

I am from Yellowknife and looking to get the sleeve surgery in Mexico. I am trying to get all the info I can.

I don't even know where to start.

I have thought about Gastric bypass surgery and then found out about the sleeve surgery... it seems like the better option??

I am so ready for a change....

Kim

Both options are great. Welcome! Sleeves are certainly more affordable and easier to handle with current lifestyle. Gastric bypass uses both restrictive and mal-

Absorption techniques to help you lose weight

Read, research and ask questions. Hit me up privately if you have more in depth questions. I researched for 8 months LOL

rainnie1976

he was great! his team of docs are very attentive. I have no complaints. did you go thru BLW?

Yes I am going to Be Lite Weight . They've been good so far!

Guest Dr. Jesus Lopez

Hello

Im Dr Lopez Im Bariatric surgeon at your service

If any have a quuention Im here to answer your questions

Cheers!!!

I'm going to get my sleeve done in Mexico on July 11.

Guest ClaireInCanada

I'm going to get my sleeve done in Mexico on July 11.

Welcome REMIX. who is your surgeon? Feel free to ask me any questions privately or access our public knowledge right here!!!

Good Morning Fellow Canadians !!

I am so very glad this thread was started.

I am from Edmonton.

My surgery is booked for September 10th. Flying into San Diego on the 9th and back home on the 14th. I am then taking the rest of the month off for a full recovery.

I have applied for short term disability through my insurance company so I can at least get paid while I am off for 3 weeks.

I look forward to chatting with everyone soon !

Robin.

My BMI is 34.1 on a bad day. I know its not SUPER SUPER high, but its way too high for me. I suffer from bulemia nervousa and I feel that this is going to be the remedy to kick it.

My doctor is super supportive of my decision as he knows how hard I have tried to change my lifestyle and battle with weight gain and loss.

I see my dietitian (NOT a nutritionist) next month. I am very excited to get some extra information and a pre-op diet ready for August. As well as a diet plan for post op.

I have been doing alot of research on post bariatric Vitamins and not sure with brands, online vs. a health food store. So much information out there.

Guest ClaireInCanada

@BusyLizzy@rainnie1976 how are you all doing?? Don't leave us hanging here. Welcome to the Losers bench!!