Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

im being sleeved 10\10\13 by garcia..yeaaaaaaa

will be sleeved 10\10\13 by garcia in mexico.. yeaaa me!!!

will be sleeved 10\10\13 by garcia in mexico.. yeaaa me!!!

Good luck with your surgery and see you in the losers circle in October!

My mother is going on October 13....anyone else going at that time? I'm not sure I can go with her so I'm hoping to meet others who might be going around the same time.

My mother is going on October 13....anyone else going at that time? I'm not sure I can go with her so I'm hoping to meet others who might be going around the same time.

Maybe post your question on the OCC Forum page under October sleevers.

She is in great hands :D

Maybe post your question on the OCC Forum page under October sleevers.

She is in great hands :D

Good idea, thanks. Yes - I was there in Aug and she accompanied me for mine, which is what made her decide but unfortunately I can't go with her so she's going alone.

My husband requested his records about 2 weeks ago and received ten via email the following day. He actually emailed his coordinator Carolyn and she response back quickly saying she has passed on the request and gave Gloria's email just in case.

We received the detailed surgical report, copy of EKG, and blood work.

He loved his experience and says it was comparable if not better than my US experience.

Did any of you get a detailed invoice? Like $ for the Dr, $ for the blood tests, $ for the anesthesiologist ect...

Did any of you get a detailed invoice? Like for the Dr' date=' for the blood tests, for the anesthesiologist ect...[/quote']

Yes, I did but it took a little longer than normal (2 weeks) because of the renovations. If you haven't received it and its been more than 2-3 weeks, email or call Gloria Miranda.

Did any of you get a detailed invoice? Like for the Dr' date=' for the blood tests, for the anesthesiologist ect...[/quote']

We requested my husbands invoice through his coordinator Carolyn and she sent it same day.

I got my surgical report about 2 weeks after surgery.

I'm seriously considering not going to OCC at this point. Don't know that it's a good fit for me. I've asked Lori since Aug 22nd to Skype with Dr Ortiz and have gotten nothing but sorries and he's busies. I asked her to call me but I got no call nothing but emails. I don't want to cancel my surgery, but if I can't even talk to him before surgery, what will they do if I have complications? Disappointed right now.

{)i(} Sent from my iPhone using VST {)i(}

I'm seriously considering not going to OCC at this point. Don't know that it's a good fit for me. I've asked Lori since Aug 22nd to Skype with Dr Ortiz and have gotten nothing but sorries and he's busies. I asked her to call me but I got no call nothing but emails. I don't want to cancel my surgery' date=' but if I can't even talk to him before surgery, what will they do if I have complications? Disappointed right now.

{)i(} Sent from my iPhone using VST {)i(}[/quote']

I was sleeved by Dr Ortiz last month. I can tell you I know he was on vacation the last 2 weeks of Aug and then was away in Turkey at a medical conference so not sure if that's something to do with it. Not making excuses for them - he should make the time. I can tell you from my own experience that I barely spent 5 mins with Dr Ortiz during the whole time but Dr Martinez was very accommodating with his time - he's the 2nd surgeon on all procedures with Dr Ortiz. Perhaps ask Lori to speak to him if Dr O isn't available - he explained the whole procedure to me and was very kind and helpful. Despite all that, you really are in good hands at the OCC, so much so that my mum is going next month on her own. Good luck - hope you get the answers you need.

Do try for Dr Martinez to answer your questions. My sister says he is the one who spends more time with the patients.

I hope to see you there but please follow your instincts as what is right for you.