Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

Goat cheese Meatloaf -- two of my favorite things - Goat Cheese and meat - Please give it up ? What else is in there? And when do you get your own time slot of the food channel?

Silvers, I agree! Lu you could do a weightloss cooking show on Food Network! Oh yeah!!! Of course KC would have to join you, she is always in the kitchen whipping up something! You would make a great team!:frown:

Not too bad of a food day:

B: 2 eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon

S: 1 bite size snickers

L: Ham, lettuce, peppers, onions, provolone - the inside of a sandwich (yummy!)

S: Slice of Devils food soda cake

D: Homemade pizza: sausage, pepperoni, olives, onions, cheese

Exercise: 3 mile river trail run

Today:

B: Mocha chocolate malt Protein Shake

S: 1/5 red bell pepper w/ 1 tbls lf ranch, 0.3 oz pirates booty

L: just finished 2.5 oz chicken mirabella, still have 1/4 c. cannellini Beans w/ pesto to eat - not hungry anymore - will wait

D: will be activia light vanilla and 1 sm peach

if cravings occur - have popcorn or babybel cheese to choose from.

Not too bad of a food day:

B: 2 eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon

Just an interesting FYI..... I was watching Oprah the other night & Dr. Oz was on with obese teens... and they were comparing items and Regular bacon vs. Turkey Bacon was on and guess which one was better for you????

REGULAR bacon!!! Apparently the Turkey Bacon has 70mg MORE sodium than regular. The fat & calories were pretty much the same.

I don't know about you but I HATE TB... I'd rather have the regular and now I can justify it!! :frown:

Just thought I'd share!

yesterday

B-coffee w/torani Syrup, 1 cup crab salad

S-klondike bar :frown:

L-1 cup crab salad, 2 saltines

D-1 chicken leg, baked red potatoes

S-carrot cake

I was feeling pretty stressed today and my poor snack choices show it.

B: 1/4 cup fried rice

L: 4oz light & fit yogurt

D: chocolate mint flavored muscle milk

I am too tight today. I haven't been able to eat all day

B-coffee w/torani Syrup, breyers mint chocolate chip yogurt

L- 1/2 chicken wing (it didn't stay down)

S-ice cream

D-grits (didn't stay down)

Upon reading through the many posts on this thread I have a question regarding many of the menu's. I've noticed that some of you eat such a tiny amount of food during the day. Doesn't the body go into starvation mode with so little nutrients coming in which makes losing weight harder?

i have found myself eating more vegetarian meats like the sausage patties and chicken nuggets because i heard they are easier going down.

does anyone use these products and do you find them easy to go down or do you have a problem with them.

thanks for the feedback.

it's sadly more like what didn't I eat today :wub:

Upon reading through the many posts on this thread I have a question regarding many of the menu's. I've noticed that some of you eat such a tiny amount of food during the day. Doesn't the body go into starvation mode with so little nutrients coming in which makes losing weight harder?

I was wondering the same thing!! I feel like I eat small portions, don't snack and stick to lean Proteins and yet I lose weight VERY SLOWLY. ANd I exercise! What's the deal.

B: egg beaters, 2 slices bacon, 1 silver dollar pancake

L: 2handfuls of kettlecorn and a bite of cheese :wub:(

D: Filet of baked tilapia, a 1/2 of a cherry Icee

S: 3 handfuls of kettle corn ;o( (Actually ended up giving my friend the bag because it was addicting)

Boy it seems like I'm eating a lot! :mad:

With the new site that I'm using (myfitnesspal.com) to journal my food, I'm posting everything as you can see because I really want to see just how many calories I'm really eating. This is new for me. Way back when when I tried counting calories, I found it to be to time consuming. But it's easy now! :blink:

I've calculated my calorie intake to be at 1,200 a day to lose 2 pounds a week.

So far so good, even with all this food.:wub:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today

B/Oscar Mayer - Turkey Bacon, 2 slice

Large eggs Fried W/Pam

Potatoes - O’Brien, home-prepared, 0.25 cup

S/Cheerios Honey Nut

L/Souplantation: chicken 2 oz

2t Rnch Dressing & 1t Balsamic Dressing

1 hardboiled egg

4 Sweet pickles

½ celery stalk

1 radish

2 cauliflower florets

½ c ice berg lettuces

Grated carrots

2 bits Mac & cheese & tuna Tarragon

¼ brownie

Vanilla Lowfat yogurt ice cream

Chopped nuts

S/Nurti Grain Cereal Bar/Blueberry

D/Oscar Mayer-Turkey Bacon – 1 slice

Large Eggs Fried W/Pam

Potatoes - O’Brien, home-prepared, 0.25 cup

1,316 Calories (Over by 116 cal.)

Yesterday

B/Yoplait French Vanilla Yogurt – 1 Container

Honey Nut Cherrios – ¾ c

No mid morning snack

L/Mission fl tortilla

Ketchup ½ T

Mustard ½ T

Mayo ½ T

3 pickles

1 sl White American Chz

2 oz Ground beef

1 package snack size Dorritos Cool Rch

S/(beach w/the kids for 4 hours) Mozzarella/Cheddar chz stick

100 cal ritz snack mix

7 cheddar chz nips

½ banana

1 c Koshi Heart to Heart Honey Oat Cereal

D/1 c stewed chkn

2 T Kc Masterpiece Honey BBQ sauce

1 package snack size Frito corn chips

1,755 Cal (exercised, rec'd extra calories)

I am with you cyncity. I looke like I may eat less than you and haven't lost a poind in over a year. I am in the 800-1500 range depending on what is going on in my day to day. I have even tried to eat heavily caloried foods for a couple weeks to trick my body (thinking starvation mode) and cut back to normal. Still no gain or loss. Do you think we have a set point that is natural to us? If I ate like my husband who is a couch potato and is skinny I wouldn't be able to get off the couch.

Anywho...

b* bowl of wheat chex w/2% milk

l*3 ounce grilled burger w/cheese and green Beans

s*home made salsa and about 5 baked totilla chips

d*more salsa and a small breadless Ruben (in a bowl and baked)

later*2 glases red wine

yesterday:

B: mocha latta flavored muscle milk

L: 1 string cheese

D: cake batter flavored muscle milk

yesterday:

B: Venti, 6 pump, non-fat, chai (Starbucks), 1/2 banana, no salt almond butter 1T

L: Oven Roasted Chx Flatbread sandwich (Lettuce, cucumber, peppers, onion, honey mustard)

D: 3 Foster Farm Homestyle meatballs, 1/4 C Prego, grated parm

S: Devil Foods Cola Cake, 1/4C Choc Mint Ice Cream :)