Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

What is the proper amount of carbs/protein/fat to have each day and still be in a losing mode??

i try to keep my calories around 1100 per day, not necessarily tracking carb/protein/fat breakdown. for me, i like to get a good balance of all 3 - when i limited my carbs (good ones of course), i had several periods of no weightloss.

yesterday -

b- SF chocolate shake w/ 1/2 banana

l- 4 chicken potstikers - 1/4c broccoli slaw

s- 1/4c trail mix

d- 1 slice of thin pizza **took forever to eat**

On Mushies at Moment:

Breakfast : 1 weetabix & hot skimmed milk

Dinner: X3 Crispbreads (well chewed :thumbup: ) & small amount of houmous

+ small yoghurt

Tea: Small amount of mashed potatoe & gravy

Gingercat :thumbup:

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs, mushed up with 1 slice low fat cheese (180 cal)

Mid morning snack: banana smoothie (half banana, 1 cup skim milk, 1/2 tbsp honey - 170 cal)

Lunch: Ham & Tomato sandwich (2 slices multigrain bread, 25g extra lean ham, 1/2 tomato, spread with low fat French Onion Dip instead of butter - YUM! 300 cal)

Afternoon snack: 4 whole wheat crispbreads with LF French Onion Dip and 1/2 tomato (230 cal) and half a banana (50 cal)

Dinner: 3/4 cup FF lemon chicken with vegs (110 cal) and 1/2 cup jasmine rice (100 cal)

3 cups coffee with sweetener and no fat milk (45 cal)

Total: 1180 cal, 21g fat, 180g carb, 71g Protein

Wow - I ate SO much today but it was still under my 1200 limit! I guess I made good choices :thumbup: I'm thinking I need a slight fill though, coz was really hungry today but I am so full now (just finished dinner).

What is the proper amount of carbs/protein/fat to have each day and still be in a losing mode??

Numbrgirl:

I asked the nutritionist that same question and this is what she told me. I asked the question based on 1200 calorie diet. I think she's full of crap :thumbup: because I told her I didn't think I could possibly eat that much fat, Protein, and Fiber and still keep my calories under 1200. She said that I can. I haven't been able to yet.

Carbs 150 grams

Protein 60 grams

Fat 40 grams

Fiber 25 to 30 grams

So, I'm sharing what she said because she's a licensed nutritionist.

Good luck.

Sue

Numbrgirl:

I asked the nutritionist that same question and this is what she told me. I asked the question based on 1200 calorie diet. I think she's full of crap :woot: because I told her I didn't think I could possibly eat that much fat, Protein, and fiber and still keep my calories under 1200. She said that I can. I haven't been able to yet.

Carbs 150 grams

Protein 60 grams

Fat 40 grams

Fiber 25 to 30 grams

So, I'm sharing what she said because she's a licensed nutritionist.

Good luck.

Sue

I dunno - all I would have had to have done was substitute 1 serving of low fat French Onion Dip for butter, and I would have hit that target pretty spot on and even exceeded in in some areas, still within the 1200 cal (see post immediately above yours). I didn't list the fibre but it was close...

*edits*

Fibre was 23g for the day.

yesterday--

b-choc pb Protein Shake

l-2 ribs

d-1 rib

couple of 100 calorie packs

today

b--choc pb Protein shake

s-handful of raw almonds

l-beeftips & rice, chopped steak, piece of fish (yes, I know!!!!!) just a little of each....

b: scrambled eggs with laughing cow cheese (1/2 cup)

l: 3 grilled shrimp with 1oz california mashers

d: 3 oz orange glazed chicken (from sparkpeople..AWESOME, tasted like chinese food without the calories). I didn't finish my meal...

S: Amaretto hot chocolate (high Protein, 15 grams- 70 cals)

S, part 2: :thumbdown: 1oz chocolate covered soy nuts (up late..needed something sweet)

yesterday -

b- 1 hardboiled egg & half cucumber

l- 1c green been/asparagus salad

d- 1 italian sausage w/pepers/onions

s- grilled watermelon

Thanks Sue

I have been watching carbs and when I do I see the weight loss. When I don't nothing moves. I have been having Muscle Milk which has 11g carbs, 11g fat and 22 grams of Protein in each one. I have always tried to keep them at 60g carb per day. I don't feel as sluggish when I don't take so many in. This seems low compared to what you have said.

yesterday -

b- EAS carb control chocolate shake w/small apple

l- 1c field green salad w/3oz shredded chicken w/lite balasmic dressing

d- 2oz filet / couple bites of garlic mash potatos & creamed spinach / few bites of fried calamari / glass of cabernet

not being nosey (well, I guess a little) but why did you have to have two surgeries? Were there complications? If you don't mind sharing, I anxiously await your reply.