Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On Pre-Op liquid diet, seems to be going ok...

I am on day 3 of my pre-op liquid diet. Getting sleeved on 6/2. Obviously it has had its ups and downs but overall I feel like it's going ok. I'm just doing 4 Premier Protein Ready to Drink shakes/day. Just kinda taking it a step at a time and I keep reminding myself of the reasons and goals of doing this. It's amazing how many behaviors you realize are focused squarely on eating. Driving home from work: TIME FOR dinner, meeting up with a friend: LUNCH!.

I'm sure it'll get worse by the end of the 2 weeks but I know it's possible and I'm hoping I get a big weight loss boost from this before surgery!

Edited by NCTRNL

I also used the premier shakes and actually found it easier after 3-4 days. My body seemed to adjust. It was mentally challenging not to chew, but my body was fine.

I am on day 4 as well, but I am not completely on a liquid diet. I also am being sleeved June2! I cant wait!! Hope the rest of your time goes well and that surgery does too!!

I did a 2 week liquid diet as part of the process for approval to have the surgery. It was hard and definitely a wake up call about how much food is part of our lives. I did it. You can too. I have since been approved, now just waiting on a surgery date. Keep us posted. Good luck.

Today is day one for me. (I'm lucky - only have to do one week.) Not easy, but so far, so good! Keeping my eyes on the prize... Good luck to you all!

I'm on day 8 of a 21 day pre-op diet. It's been ok b/c it's not all liquid but it's starting to mess with my head. I've tried the premade shakes but couldn't tolerate them. I'm on the Designer whey in chocolate. I have to have those for Breakfast and lunch and then a sensible meal with 2 Snacks. Hang in there! We'll get through this.

If I may ask, where did people get the Premier shakes? I had a mixed experience with the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury powder today, and I'd love to try Premier if I can pick it up in a store. Thanks!

If I may ask, where did people get the Premier shakes? I had a mixed experience with the Unjury powder today, and I'd love to try Premier if I can pick it up in a store. Thanks!

Premier Protein can be purchased at costco or online. They have a few more product choices online. In Costco the only option is premade and only in chocolate and vanilla flavors.

Walmart also has Premier Protein. My costco has vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry but after 5 days they all taste the same.

Good news though...I'm down 12lbs in 4 days.

Thanks! Picked up Premier chocolate today. I like them better than he Unjury. Also, day 2 was so much easier than day 1! Good luck, everyone.

Walmart also has Premier Protein. My costco has vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry but after 5 days they all taste the same.

One tip (may be something everyone already knows; if so, I'm sorry): You can change up the tastes a little by adding some almond extract, vanilla extract, peppermint flavoring, maple flavoring, etc. (all available wherever they put the spices and/or baking supplies in your supermarket). I added some almond extract to a chocolate Premier shake tonight, and it was really good! Tomorrow I'll try some peppermint, and maybe will put some maple into a vanilla shake.< /p>

I am getting sleeved June 3. This is day 4 of my liquid diet. Today was the first day I got hungry. June 3 seems so far away.

I am totally with you there. This is the end of day 5 for me and June 2nd feels months away. When I have a moment of reflection it becomes painfully obvious that food is Waayyyyyy too big a part of my life. It's hard to explain but I feel like I have nothing to look forward to because there's not a meal on the horizon.

My NUT also recommends the sugar free Torani flavorings to add to plain yogurt, much like Sutter Phoenix recommends the extracts above. Lots of flavors to choose from and fairly inexpensive, especially for the amount you get in one bottle.

I've found that chewing sugar free gum seems to help ;)