Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At my appointment last Friday I got released by the last person in my program (my NUT) and now they will be sending in my papers to my insurence (BCBS) and so I guess now I wait!! I have my final pre op nutrition class about 3 weeks from now. I already ordered my Vitamins. I don't even know where to start with Protein drinks! I have to be on them for two weeks before surgry (along with the acceptable food list) I'm really excited and nervous at the same time. It's almost like finding out I'm pregnant with my first baby!!!

How exciting! I'm on the pre op diet now and it's hard. I'm doing the ready made Premier Protein shakes and they taste really good to me. The sugar free Jello helps as does a nice bowl of warm chicken broth in the evenings. Good luck to you hope you hear good news soon.

Pre op diet, it is hard, but seems to get a little better as each day passes. I'm on day 4. I use Isopure zero carb Protein, but there are so many out there, it's better to buy samples for the pre op as I have been told your taste changes after surgery. My diet consists of a shake for Breakfast at 7, 8oz Water 9, a sugar free Jello at 10, a shake and 1/4 cup tuna fish at 12, 24 oz water 1-3, shake at 4, 8 oz water, oz of chicken at 6:00 with 1/2 cup of broccoli OR salad with 1/2 caffeinated coffee, and a sugar free Popsicle at 7:30. Head hunger is the worse.

@@mmrennau, congratulations! I am sure everything will happen pretty fast now.

I wish I had been turned on to premier Protein for my preop liver cleanse. I had horrible over sweet Protein for my preop, after surgery it turned out I was allergic to lactose and my tummy does not tolerate whey protein. so they switched me to Premier Protein.

Even 7.5 months post op, I have one every morning.

Just a hint for the preop, make yourself some really good chicken broth now and freeze it. That broth is really the only savory thing during that diet if you are on a total liquid diet with no actual food.

That good quality chicken broth will save you. It is warm, salty and satisfying. You will also use it the week after surgery assuming you will be on Clear liquids for a week.

Some surgeons allow other things but many only allow Clear Liquids.< /p>

Good luck to you! I hope you have a safe and speedy recovery!

I will definitely take all the suggestions I can get. many thanks everyone. :)

I am on liquids only, too.

In the evening, I do broth (chicken or beef) and a glass or two of V8 with a little sea salt and fresh ground pepper. It feels like a meal to me.

I save 2 shakes of my 5 for the end of the day. If I feel too hungry I can't sleep, so I fill up on that, and puts me right to sleep. I'm on sugar free Carnation Instant Essentials (chocolate), with 2% Lactaid milk, and extra whey Protein.

I can also do Water drops, the calorie free kind, and Decaf tea or coffee, SF popsicles and SF Jello.

I am surviving. :)

I just try to keep busy. It helps.

that's a good idea I'll probably actually do that bevause near bedtime is when cravings usually start to creep up on me. I also love chicken broth so there's hope for me whew. we are allowed V8, chicken broth, sugar free pudding and Jello oh and non sweetened applesauce. (for pre op) if anyone wants to add me as a friend please do! it's great having support on this web site no one else at home really understands!

Ohhhh how I wish SF pudding and applesauce was on my list. LOL I'm envious.

I even asked if I could have SF Creamer or milk in my Decaf coffee, and the NUT said no. :(

@@mmrennau I added you as a friend. We'll get through this! When is your surgery?

@ I am in the same boat - waiting on BCBS for approval! I finished my last task, which was the psych eval, 3 weeks ago today, and they said they'd fax it right over that day, but it got held up for 10 days and the surgeon's office only got it last week, and then they seem to take their sweet time in submitting it. I am hoping for quick approval b/c I need to get this done in June, or else will have to wait until Aug or Sept, due to work commitments.

Lucky for me, though, my doctor requires NO liquid pre-op diet. :)

I'm counting the days till my surgery and I'm extremely nervous. I am watching everything I eat because as I mentioned in my initial post I can't gain anything. So, if my monthly cycle hits on May 27th( last weigh in before surgery) and I'm up will they take my word for it or say no surgery. Sorry, don't mean to be paranoid.

that's a really good question no I don't think your being period. I gain abt 3-4 lbs in Water weight right before my period then drop it again abt 2-3 days into my period. i would imagen that would not be a plm unless it was a huge gain like 10 lbs 15 lbs or something?

parinoid* not period ha.

Once you are cleared for surgery you are pretty safe. The doctor will not balk at a pound or two, unless you were specifically given a weight to be at on the day of surgery.