Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is my day. I do not have to be at the hospital until later in the morning. I expected to wake up dying of thirst since I usually drink 16-24oz of Water as soon as I wake but so far today I am good.

I'm not excited or nervous right now, just kind of numb. Slow starving over a 10 day period will do that :)

Today is my day. I do not have to be at the hospital until later in the morning. I expected to wake up dying of thirst since I usually drink 16-24oz of Water as soon as I wake but so far today I am good.

I'm not excited or nervous right now, just kind of numb. Slow starving over a 10 day period will do that :)

You're going to do great! Just remember to walk as much as you can in the hospital and slowly sip your liquids all day. I am 8 days post op, feeling good, and am down 16 pounds! Best of luck to you and prayers for a smooth surgery

Glad all went well. My surgery is tomorrow. Anxious to get it over with!

Been out of surgery 6 hours. Walked 16 Laps so far. Feeling great. Very little pain. Just like someone punched me in my stomach

Propel Water flavors are good. Hunger is absent for me. I want to eat when I smell food but I realize not that it is not hunger. My stomach doesn't even want the water or Jello. Just keep working on your plan you can do this. Diet snappel, sugar free jello and popcycles, propel, bullion, some of the bariatric Soups and drinks bariatricchoice.com are very good and have Protein. Also diet juice. I'm told to avoid citrus while healing 3 weeks. But sounds like some Dr's approve of the infused waters. You can do this and we ate all here to help u.

We are all here to help you

My surgery date is July 30th. On my day 2 of the liquid pre-op diet.

My surgery date is July 30th. On my day 2 of the liquid pre-op diet.

You are my new surgery buddy lol. I go the 29th. They say I'm still waiting for insurance approval though- nothing like stress of not knowing. That and I requested off work, have someone to cover me, planned it by my menstrual cycle... I could keep going lol so hopefully everything works out. My surgeon requires one week of liquids. That sucks you have to do 2. I start on Wednesday. What have you been drinking... What's a daily menu so I can get some ideas? I'm in Florida where are you? Good luck and keep me posted!

[qui was ii nthote name=ccavender07" post="3887627" timestamp="1436914803]

The first couple of days i was in paini and thankfully they hooked me up to a PCA pump (patient controlled administration). Every 8 minutes I could press the button without waiting on the nurse. Unfortunately the next day they put me on crushed oral pain pills. I then felt all the pain even from laying on the operating table so long. Once I got home I felt better. Hospital beds are not comfortable. I haven't threw up but have had nausea. I'm going to try the infused Water. :)

How many days were you in hospital? Were you in or a long time?

I was trying to reply to answer a question but I can't seem to figure out how to do that without starting over.

You are my new surgery buddy lol. I go the 29th. They say I'm still waiting for insurance approval though- nothing like stress of not knowing. That and I requested off work, have someone to cover me, planned it by my menstrual cycle... I could keep going lol so hopefully everything works out. My surgeon requires one week of liquids. That sucks you have to do 2. I start on Wednesday. What have you been drinking... What's a daily menu so I can get some ideas? I'm in Florida where are you? Good luck and keep me posted!

That is awesome! I started mine two days ago. This makes day 3. I have been drinking 2 Lean GNC premixed Protein drinks. The flavors I have now are Mint chocolate layer birthday cake and banana cream. They are pretty good. I have also been drinking chicken broth and Water flavored with Mio. I am also allowed 2 Snacks. These range from sugar free Chocolate pudding, Greek light and fit yogurt and sugar free Jello. For dinner I am allowed a bowl of any non-cream based Soup. I am in Texas (DFW area). I am so ready. I met with Dietician today, had my cardiac stress test, Echocardiogram and took my pre-op class. Now just have to buy a few things for after surgery.

That is awesome! I started mine two days ago. This makes day 3. I have been drinking 2 Lean GNC premixed Protein drinks. The flavors I have now are Mint chocolate layer birthday cake and banana cream. They are pretty good. I have also been drinking chicken broth and Water flavored with Mio. I am also allowed 2 Snacks. These range from sugar free Chocolate pudding, Greek light and fit yogurt and sugar free Jello. For dinner I am allowed a bowl of any non-cream based Soup. I am in Texas (DFW area). I am so ready. I met with Dietician today, had my cardiac stress test, Echocardiogram and took my pre-op class. Now just have to buy a few things for after surgery.

Are you feeling super hungry on liquids? Those drinks sound good. I have been using nectar Syntrax the caribbean cooler and fuzzy navel are good mixed with almond milk. And the premier premixed chocolate is pretty good too. How was the stress test did you have to run on a treadmill? Not sure how far id make it....

Day four...not hungry at all

Just found this group! I am such a technaphobe lol

I am due to be sleeved on 23/07/15, next Thursday and I am just about to start day 15 of the liquid diet. I don't feel hungry anymore and although I am very tired it's been easier than I thought. Roll on Thursday!

Kate :D