Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eyhornmom,

Just from the responses on this thread, you can see you’re not alone, and hopefully that will give you hope that you can get over the worst of your struggles soon.

One thing I would like to ask you is about what you said: “I want to be able to go out to eat and enjoy eating with my family. It makes me a little sad that those are all things that I can no longer have, probably ever.”

This may not be the case. What do you enjoy about eating with your family? If it is (or was) the feeling of going out and overeating, you’re right – you may never be able to do that again, at least not without feeling sick.

But if what you enjoy is the company of your family, you’ll be able to do that soon enough. Maybe it just takes a change of attitude: what do you live for? And it’s tough, because maybe you used to live (or think you lived) for food, and now that you don’t, you need to figure out what you live for. And you can.

Maybe instead of eating a chicken pot pie and an order of fries to enjoy the eating occasion, you’ll change so you can get the same pleasure from a chicken breast and some broccoli.

In the meantime, it’s perfectly normal to feel depressed and to question your decision. After all, one of your biggest crutches (food) is gone, and to make it worse, you’re eating only pureed foods. Anyone would get depressed on that!

Hang in there, and good luck.

Oh yes... puree sucks.

However it's just for today.

Edited by purrfctangel

Hopefully JamieLogical, I will be able to adapt and adjust soon like you did because I really been just let down. And

I'm not used to feeling discourage so this just blew me out the Water.

I know what you mean. I did eat and if you do...it will feel like a ton of bricks on your chest and heartburn like you never knew existed. Plus, you can hurt your stomach staples that are healing. I felt the same way tho...almost like I haven't had surgery.

Hopefully JamieLogical, I will be able to adapt and adjust soon like you did because I really been just let down. And

I'm not used to feeling discourage so this just blew me out the Water.

You will. It just takes time. A few months from now this will be a distant memory.

@@larlar So glad it's not just me. I started taking Prilosec. Apparently acid can mimic hunger. I feel so much better about this. No more waking up at 4am with stomach growing.

I can't wait to be one of the ones who says it WILL get better! Just have to wait it out! I promise!!!

Because I do know it will get better.. I just don't like how it is now:( And my mind doesn't understand why it's BFF (food) is not here with it to comfort and ease the pain like before!

It really has been comforting to hear I'm not alone in the regret department! So I wish all of you luck that were April sleevers like me ✌️ next month hopefully we will be consoling the May sleevers... And so on and so on :)))

I caved into the cravings, and threw up this lovely assortment of McDonald's garbage. I caved in and had some Wendy's. I caved in and had lots of crap. Each and every time I caved, I would be barfing into a cup until my throat was burning. Nasty. I don't like those foods anymore. If you think having some greasy food is gonna make you better, think again. I was bad and only sated on the liquid/purée for 10 days, then went on to eggs and Beans, and seafood. I don't regret it, just regret the naughty stuff. Your body will tell you what you should have

Thank you so much for all of the words of encouragement everyone. I know I'm going through breaking my addiction to food right now. I guess anything that's a great reward doesn't come easy. If anyone ever tries to tell me that WLS is the easy way out, they will definetly get an hear full from me!

Thank you so much for all of the words of encouragement everyone. I know I'm going through breaking my addiction to food right now. I guess anything that's a great reward doesn't come easy. If anyone ever tries to tell me that WLS is the easy way out, they will definetly get an hear full from me!

If I ever hear anybody say that to me, they will also get a nice long lecture. Ugh!!

Eyhornmom I'm going through the same thing! I had surgery march 27. I have a hard time with liquids! I love to drink Water but it doesn't go down well! I've been making chicken and pork stuff for dinners so I can eat with family.

I've been really moody too even with my antidepressant. From others I have asked this is normal.

I'm also really tired but I figure my body is healing as well as breaking down fat stores so it is working hard.

I think for us it will get better when the sleeve heals from surgery.

Some people don't get that restriction until they are on solid food.If you feel like that it may be best to limit your servings to ¼ - ½ cup per serving. Just remember you aren't broken, you belly just needs denser foods to recognize that it's full.

This helps me alot. I was worried I'd never feel full and I had this surgery for nothing!

If anyone ever tries to tell me that WLS is the easy way out, they will definetly get an ear full from me!

Amen to that! I'm 7.5 months out and even though I feel normal and healthy again and I've fended off my food addiction for the most part, it still takes work every day. I work out 5-6 days a week. I have to be mindful of the types of food I eat and how much so I know I'm getting my Protein in. So between the extreme suffering in the early days and the prolonged, lifelong effort down the road, there is really nothing "easy" about it!

Thank God for this forum, and this thread.

I am on my last day of liquids before starting purees. Let me tell you all, between the two week pre-op diet and the clear//full liquids two weeks post-op, I haven't "eaten" anything for a month, and it has been hard. The hardest thing ever? Easter dinner, when I was five days post-op.

@@eyhornmom ... I used to think that the VSG people on YouTube who posted grocery hauls were crazy, and that was the least interesting thing posted in the VSG community. But now? Being on my last day (THANK THE SWEET BABY JESUS) of liquids before purees/soft/mushies, watching those videos has totally gotten me through. There is a girl on YouTube, her channel is called Lauren Losing, and she posts grocery hauls and food finds all the time. It is very helpful. She started at almost 270 lbs, and is now in the 130s, and she eats SO, SO SO many different things. Sometimes she is a little more indulgent, and others she is very strict. Watching her grocery hauls for each phase has taught me so much about how successful VSGers behave, and think, and what they allow themselves all the while still being successful. I highly recommend it! It's really gotten me through.

Edited by Garifab_VSG