Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Being on my last day (THANK THE SWEET BABY JESUS) of liquids before purees/soft/mushies

I know you must be desperate for some "real" food, but take it very slow and pre-measure your food when you move onto the next phase. This is when the restriction starts to become REAL. I remember the first time I ate a scrambled egg... it took me 45 minutes to eat about 3/4 of it (had to keep reheating it in the microwave) and I was literally lying on the floor in pain from the constriction in my esophagus. TAKE IT SLOW!

Your body will tell you what you should have

I personally have never been one who could "listen to my body". That's exactly what got me into this mess in the first place. :)

That's me. Other than the foods I am allergic to, I pretty much have a cast Iron stomach. I have to plan and think about what I am eating because I rarely get sick or throw up food I am not allergic to.

We have all had our days and like you we have all wondered if we did the right thing. It took me a

year to get up the courage to even think about having the sleeve. Even with all of the problems I

had I don't regret what I have done. It is very hard to go from eating anything that you want to

only liquids and soft food. You can do this, you have come a long way so don't give up now. Reach

down into your soul and pull out all of the courage and strength that you have and make this work

for you. You will be able to eat again, anything that you want but it will take a while. I am only

four months out and I can now eat anything I want, I just don't require much. I am pulling for you.

I am really having a hard time adjusting to my new lifestyle. I know why I made the decision to have this surgery, but I'm struggling with not being able to eat what I want to anymore. I'm tired of my pureed foods, and I want some pizza, or chicken wings, or orange chicken. I seem to have lost all the resolve I had before surgery for a healthy lifestyle. I want to be able to go out to eat and enjoy eating with my family. It makes me a little sad that those are all things that I can no longer have, probably ever. I knew I was giving all those things ups when I decided to have the surgery, but for some reason now I'm very depressed about it. This is making very unhappy in general. I no longer enjoy going to work, I'm having trouble motivating myself to workout, and I'm sure I'm unpleasant to be around. I'm already on an anti-depressant, so meds won't help, because they aren't helping. Has anyone else dealt with this?

OMG I feel the exact same way. After all the crap I had to go through in order to have my surgery---I can't believe I feel this way. It's been 23 days since I had surgery.

@@VickiCat You are only three weeks out. I promise you that you will feel normal sooner than later. I really had my turning point once I was allowed solid foods. There was still some adjustment after that when it came to eyeballing how much food I could actually eat, but it got better and better. Now I have no issues.

Being on my last day (THANK THE SWEET BABY JESUS) of liquids before purees/soft/mushies

I know you must be desperate for some "real" food, but take it very slow and pre-measure your food when you move onto the next phase. This is when the restriction starts to become REAL. I remember the first time I ate a scrambled egg... it took me 45 minutes to eat about 3/4 of it (had to keep reheating it in the microwave) and I was literally lying on the floor in pain from the constriction in my esophagus. TAKE IT SLOW!

I only got 2 navy bites in first time I tried a scrambled egg..I stopped. I was almost 4 months before I was trying solids more.

It will get much better, you are still in the early stages of your new lifestyle. Trust me, you

may think you want solid food but the pain isn't worth it. I am four months out and I am still

having a hard time with solid food, especially meat. I am beginning to be able to eat a little

more. Over time you really do settle into your new way of eating. I wish you all the best.

I only got 2 navy bites in first time I tried a scrambled egg..I stopped. I was almost 4 months before I was trying solids more.
**baby bites** dang auto..