Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on 03/31/2015. So far so good. I spent one night in the hospital and was able to go home before lunch the next day. I still have the nausea patch that they put on me prior to surgery. I'm kinda scared to take it off. So far I have not really been hungry. I'm drinking lots of Water and have had a few sugar free popsicles. I haven't tried anything else. I get a tightness in my chest (like someone is squeezing and then letting go) after I drink anything or have a popsicle. It is real quick and goes away real fast. Every now and then it happens when I'm just sitting up. I think it is the gas from surgery trying to force its way out. My followup appointment is on Thursday. If its not better by then, I will take with my doctor about it. I'm trying not to worry too much. I'm excited for what the future has in store.

It helps SO MUCH to hear that many of you feel the same pain in your chest as I do. I have asthma as well and have been pretty freaked out lately about it. But since it is seeming more, and more like this is a common issue I'm able to put my mind at ease and wait for my doc app. On Monday instead of quite possibly putting money out on an ER visit.

I was sleeved on 3/31/15. I forget about the gulping! It is so hard for me to remember little sips. I went to the Dr. yesterday because of numbness in my upper right thigh. I had an x-ray and ultrasound of the area. I was scared that it was a blood clot, but it is not. The Dr. determined it was a nerve issue. I hope it goes away!

I feel all liquidy!

Mine was 3/23 few days before we can all help each other :)

My surgery was also 3/31. I have the tightness mid chest wihen drinking. It was bad at first and it doesn't happen with each drink now. The general anesthesia made me extremely nauseous and I stayed in the hospital 2 nights. It is much better now. I have some pain when sitting up and walking, each day is a little better. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone.

Wow @@1SlimmerMe I just woke up this morning and took a sip of Water and just kept feeling it. I sat here wondering is this ever going to go away, and sure enough seen your post. One more supporter showing me I'm not alone. Thank God it is getting better for you, hopefully that means mine will be feeling better soon as well.

Mine was 3/27. I had the chest pain in the hospital but none since. A little left shoulder pain when eating but other than that am pretty good. Isopure Protein Drink has been a lifesaver for getting in Protein. It tastes bad but I take it like medicine-2oz every few hours. It has 40 grams of protein in 20 oz. Am on puréed now but cannot eat a full 2 oz at a meal. Better every day!

So HAPPY for you!!!! It inspires me that I will get there, just have to be patient. Really my biggest issue is this chest issue. Now that I'm up moving around I'm noticing that when I sip Water it isn't as bad as yesterday, so that's a good sign! Walking in the right direction at least!

I was sleeved on 03/31/2015. So far so good. I spent one night in the hospital and was able to go home before lunch the next day. I still have the nausea patch that they put on me prior to surgery. I'm kinda scared to take it off. So far I have not really been hungry. I'm drinking lots of Water and have had a few sugar free popsicles. I haven't tried anything else. I get a tightness in my chest (like someone is squeezing and then letting go) after I drink anything or have a popsicle. It is real quick and goes away real fast. Every now and then it happens when I'm just sitting up. I think it is the gas from surgery trying to force its way out. My followup appointment is on Thursday. If its not better by then, I will take with my doctor about it. I'm trying not to worry too much. I'm excited for what the future has in store.

I'm still wearing my Nausea patch too. I'm scared to take it off.

My hospital gave me a wrist band and patch; I've taken them both off without any issues. I believe the general anesthetic cause the nausea in the beginning. I have been taken Pepcid twice a day and have had no further incident of nausea. I take something for pain at bedtime for my abdominal muscles and that helps me sleep. The best to you all!

Hello! My surgery was 3/31 and everything went awesome! I had a lapband removal at the same time as my sleeve. I also had a heital hernia which I wasn't prepared for at all! Stayed in the hospital for two days although the doc said I could go home the next day... I wanted the rest! I had an on-Q pump thing to help with pain and my husband took it out today. Also have to do daily lovinox shots to avoid blood clots. Been doing pretty great. Just got back from a solo trip to Target and that was exhausting. Going back to work Tuesday so trying to get my stamina up. Weighed 222 day of the surgery, 234 when I got home and back to 222 today. If anyone would like to email to chat, please do!

Sezier0204@gmail.com

Just want to say congratulations to all the losers here. It feels good to be on the other side now. My surgery www also on 03/31. I came home the next day but ended up back in the e.r on Thursday evening severely dehydrated. My bp was 84/48 and I just kept passing out. I spent 7 hours there getting fluids back. Yesterday and today have been great. No pain medicine needed only a Tylenol. I'm having a hard time with the Protein and head hunger. Even the thought of the protein makes me sick. I'm fixing some Unjury chicken broth to try right now and hopefully that will work. If anybody wants to chat I'm here. I have to say it's good to know that even though we are strangers to each other we can be the support team we all need. Good luck to everyone and happy losing!! :-) :-)

@@Butterfly85

Had surgery on 3/31. It was rough! So much pain & nausea! Ouch. But now am feeling good with minimal pain & no nausea. Eating Protein shakes now & focusing on getting the right amount of liquid in a day. My only problem is that I haven't had a bowel movement yet!

A bowel movement will come. It just takes a few days. Remember you really haven't had anything in your system. You were probably on a liver shrink diet before surgery and then fasted the night before and have only had a few sips of Protein so far. I had surgery on Monday 3/23 and didn't have a bowel movement until Friday 3/27. It was all very loose until this week when i was finally able to start getting enough protein. The more you walk the better you will feel and the more it will move things through you.

I am also a week ahead of you, having surgery on 3/23. I will happily talk with anyone who has any questions. I have 6 more weeks off of work and am starting to get bored. The best thing I can tell you right now, is that it does get better. Everyday I feel a little bit better. I think I am doing really well in all actuality. I have been able to get down 2 full shakes throughout the day now which is hitting my Protein goal.

I drink the premier Protein Shakes. 160 calories and 30g Protein.< /p>

I also like unjury products. Sometimes I mix some of the Unjury strawberry powder with my chocolate premier. Yum

Isopure is a clear kool-aid type drink that can also add a lot of protein if you are struggling. It has a weird texture, but its not too bad.

Good luck and feel free to reach out.

Smileystephanie1@aol.com

OMG thank you so much. wish I would have been able to relax on Constipation a little bit! Yesterday got nervous & took Milk of Mag. I definitely was able to go, let's just say that. Things are calmer now though :) Have lost 14lbs of weight already!

@@Butterfly85

Had surgery on 3/31. It was rough! So much pain & nausea! Ouch. But now am feeling good with minimal pain & no nausea. Eating Protein shakes now & focusing on getting the right amount of liquid in a day. My only problem is that I haven't had a bowel movement yet!

A bowel movement will come. It just takes a few days. Remember you really haven't had anything in your system. You were probably on a liver shrink diet before surgery and then fasted the night before and have only had a few sips of Protein so far. I had surgery on Monday 3/23 and didn't have a bowel movement until Friday 3/27. It was all very loose until this week when i was finally able to start getting enough protein. The more you walk the better you will feel and the more it will move things through you.