Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sizes and more sizes!

@CanyonBaby. I am due on April 16th. Hopefully it won't take me 30 years to lose this weight from this baby lol.

Immaculate Conception is right!

@@CanyonBaby I find mine online. I've never bought them at the store. You can just google it and look for the best price the can be expensive. They have a measurement chart on the website so you could take your measurements, find the size and check out ebay...

@@CowgirlJane

Ok. I did it. I ordered my first dress! I feel like a kid who got caught in the cookie jar! Do I dare put it on when it gets here? I chose the size that I have worn in this particular brand (Denim & Supply Ralph Lauren) before, so hopefully it will work. It is a style that I can wear year-round, with tights and boots in the winter. I have to say this scares me a bit! I thank you again for the suggestion, and I'll let you know how it looks!

I think its easier to give up on sizes, just make a rough approximation. Even among the same fitters, different styles, shapes, etc. Annoying.

So I found something interesting I have just received...found it on QVC.com. The brand is Women With Control, and they make all kinds of leggings, pants, tops...the usual stuff. BUT they also make SKORTS! Swingy skirt with a short built in so no "peeks" allowed! A heavy knit with a control-type top part, several colors, and even PETITE sizes! They fit GREAT! I got both the regular and the petite, since I wasn't sure how long I wanted it to be, and both work great. I will use the shorter one of sportier occasions. MAN, am I getting adventurous or what?!

CanyonBaby, I too am super apple-shaped, so let me tell you what works for me: the empire waist.

Look for high-waisted flowy tops and high-waisted dresses. If you are like me, the narrowest part of your torso is the bra-band area, so if the waist of your clothes hits there and flows to a full skirt underneath, it is very flattering and comfortable. Plus this style is supposed to fit loose, so you can wear it for several sizes before it looks too clownishly large on you.

@@AgentShepard

Thanks! All good advice! You know, I was thinking, all my abdominal surgeries that have contributed to the odd shape of my belly area were done AFTER I put on most of my excess weight, so I DON'T know what the belly will do as I lose weight! It appears to be going down, but I don't know how far it will go, with all the scar tissue and what-not. I don't know if it will be smooth or full of waves and wrinkles! Of course, it is taking it's own sweet time in going down, but the suspense is killing me!

Congrats! Hope you like!

I never mail order clothing - I feel like you need to try on a million articles of clothing to find the shape, style and color that is the most flatttering. I learned alot from the TV show "what not to wear" - that shape and such is way more important than anything else.

@@CowgirlJane

Ok. I did it. I ordered my first dress! I feel like a kid who got caught in the cookie jar! Do I dare put it on when it gets here? I chose the size that I have worn in this particular brand (Denim & Supply Ralph Lauren) before, so hopefully it will work. It is a style that I can wear year-round, with tights and boots in the winter. I have to say this scares me a bit! I thank you again for the suggestion, and I'll let you know how it looks!

cato, marshall's,tjmaxx, we have really nice upscale consignments and several GW around...I'm in the 14 which I feel great about in pants, and M/L in shirts. I am buying something every month but Im not spending much on them. I hit cato clearance wkly and even buy next size down..when mine get to big I take them to the nice consignment and get my money back...:)

I went on a Goodwill crawl with my daughter today. Five stores in five hours. I came home with eleven tops. Most were four dollars and a few were five dollars. Then we went to Payless and I actually found and bought a pair of cute heels that feel good on my feet.

People, I am wearing a dress tomorrow. It's an Easter miracle.

I'm not sure what to tell you about sizes. I didn't read all the other replies, so I don't know if anybody suggested thrift store shopping. I started shopping at thrift stores when I got the band and most of my clothes (except for under things) still come from thrift stores. You can get some good clothes as you're losing weight and you're not spending a lot of money. Go in and find things in the area of the sizes you're in and just try everything on. You'll find some things that work!

Anyone who is an apple shape needs to check out the Levi 590 jeans! They are made for us girls with a larger waist compared to our butts and legs. My problem with jeans has always been my wide waist. When the jeans fit my waist, they are usually huge on my non-existant butt and thighs. The Levi 590 changed my opinion of jeans forever. I finally understand why people find jeans comfortable when they always felt like they were cutting me in half. The best price I have ever found on them is by shopping through Kohls when they have sales and coupons. I was able to get them for under $25 and practically lived in them until I shrunk out of them. I hope this helps someone else.

I recently picked up 2 maxi skirts from Target. Buy one get one 50% off. I figure they are forgiving and should fit for awhile. I can sew a little so I figure I can always take it in and hem it if necessary. I picked up a couple of fancy Vneck tshirts that had lace around the V at Walmart to go with the skirts.

Boscov's tend to be decent on prices. I bought a few shirts to shrink into from Deb Shop when they were going out of business. Forever 21 is a similar store and frequently has some inexpensive stuff on sale.

Goodwill can be a good place to find stuff but go in when you have time and patience. I don't know who thought arranging things by color instead of size was a good idea. Having to pick through the entire rack to find my size is a pain in the butt.

So I found something interesting I have just received...found it on QVC.com. The brand is Women With Control, and they make all kinds of leggings, pants, tops...the usual stuff. BUT they also make SKORTS! Swingy skirt with a short built in so no "peeks" allowed! A heavy knit with a control-type top part, several colors, and even PETITE sizes! They fit GREAT! I got both the regular and the petite, since I wasn't sure how long I wanted it to be, and both work great. I will use the shorter one of sportier occasions. MAN, am I getting adventurous or what?!

going to check this out!! Thx for sharing!