Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sizes and more sizes!

@@CowgirlJane

I guess I haven't thought about dresses so much, wow....me in a dress! My husband might fall over from shock! The last dress I wore was on my wedding day.....uhoh......18.......YES, 18 years ago!!! This is my situation: I am the classic apple. So many abdominal surgeries have left me with a belly that is hard (yes, hard) and round, and is so much bigger than it should be, and it doesn't fit with the size pants or the size tops the rest of that part of the body should fit, if that makes sense. Loose and flowy tops, and waistbands that HOPEFULLY won't slide down to the crotch area. The belly is just so hard, and there is no way to wear a belt, it either slides up, or it slides down. No staying where it should, oh no. That would be too easy! So maybe dresses are the KEY! THANK YOU SO MUCH for the idea!!!

(Steve Hud, like the song says "It's my party, I'll cry if I want to !, Congratulations !) , and Canyonbaby, you have to go to Goodwill ! I still buy 90 % of my clothes there ! Look for clothes that have alot of "give" so that you can get alot of wear out of them as you lose weight. Try black yoga pants, underneath a long blouse or sweater, they can pass for black dress pants. Buy a belt or 2 now, as 1 morning nothing will fit right and the belt will be a lifesaver. Also try cotton long sleeved or short sleeved T shirts. Wear them under a cardigan sweater so when the t shirt gets a little big you can fold the back part in and tuck it in the back of the pants. The cardigan will cover it, and cardigans look cute even when they're a little big. Good luck !!

I just read your about your belt problem, so skip the belt for now . Maybe suspenders ? Just kidding !!!

@@pink dahlia

Thanks for the great ideas! I feel like I have been out of the "fashion" world so long, I don't know what to do (and I'm sure it shows!). I actually had a gal 5 years ago tell me I needed a makeover, she is half my age, and I gotta say it didn't go over well! Now here I am, with a "new" body, and what to do with it?! Your help in invaluable!

@@pink dahlia

Don't laugh too hard; my husband has said the same thing! If I'm gonna do it, they will be RED!

How about "rainbow"suspenders "? I dont know your age but I will say losing almost 60 lbs took 10 years off my face !!!!!!!!! I promised myself when I lost the weight that I would wear attractive, pretty clothes that were age appropriate, and I would dress my body for what it is, not what it was' nt. So, Im a well dressed 56 yr old woman who has a reputation for being a stylish dresser ! ( And no, I don't mind the looks from men !)

@@pink dahlia

I'm 53, and I, too, have noticed a real change in my face from the weight loss. 53lbs to date, and 4 months out tomorrow. I'm using the CeraVe cream (in the big tub) to help fight the tiny turkey waddle that has appeared "out of nowhere"! And it seems to be working! I got my hair cut to just under my chin, and it has given me a few years! In a good way!!! As for my belly, I'm hoping with additional weight loss, it will flatten out and I won't NEED suspenders! It is getting there, but it is the last to go, wouldn't you know!

I am focusing on more feminine clothing, as well, as my typical garb is sweatshirts and jeggings. Sure, they fit the farm-type life I live, but I want to look a little better when I step out of the homestead. And I want to DO things, not necessarily related to earthy-things, which is fine for everyday, but I want to be able to enjoy life outside of my world a little now that my body can do more, know what I mean? My husband is fine with anything I wear, bless his heart, but I am SOOOO ready for a change, I just need to do it. And what better time?!!!

Try J.Jill they have a great website and stand alone stores in malls. They are not cheap but the sale items can be really reasonable and if you sign up for their emails, they are always having an extra 24% or sometimes even 40% off of the already reduced price The non sale prices are not cheap but the quality is great. Btw, they carry regular and plus sizes and their clothes run big. Check the size chart.

I like the NYDj (not your daughters jeans) brand but they can be expensive. You could probably find them on eBay but then you Can't try them on:( I also love our local goodwill, especially while my size is forever changing. If you have one go and try on some clothes.

While they do advertise mostly for a younger demographic, H&M and Forever 21 have a lot of basics (tees,tanks, leggings, sweaters, jeans etc) for really cheap. I'm talking $3 t shirts and $4 leggings cheap. Whenever I go in there with my mom she ends up finding something for herself (She's 55). H&M doesn't carry much "plus" size; they go up to a 14 dress size and XL in lettered sizes. Forever 21 runs from XS-3XL.

@@Elode

Jeans are SUCH a scary thing! I mean about the waist-part. With my stomach area the way it is, I need to do a higher-rise in the waist, or they just fall down. SOOOOO, do they carry a higher-rise waist at all that you know of? I have been using elastic-waist jeggings and pants for an eternity, it seems, as they (if they are tight enough) kinda cling to my waist, preventing them from sliding down.

Picture this (you poor souls for having to do this!): a PERMANTLY pregnant 53 year old, with a belly that appears to be in it's ETERNAL ninth month..... yeah (head hanging VERY low), that's me. Sad, but true. So now that the belly is GRADUALLY going down, I'm excited about wearing REAL jeans! But they will never be able to be the crotch-grazing wonders that the slogan "say no to crack" was made for!!! NOW, enjoy THAT vision! Sorry....I'm hungry now! That always explains why I get so strangely odd at times........

@@CanyonBaby Lol :) yes the NYDJ brand is all higher waist jeans hints the name "Not Your Daughters Jeans" they are my favorite because I have a smaller waist and a big ol butt so my butt doesn't work in the low waist jeans...I HATE Them! Only half of my butt fits and the other half is proudly out on display for the public OR a big butt muffin top if covered by a shirt. I like to be kind to my behind and cover it completely.

@@CanyonBaby - LOL I too am a permanently pregnant 53 year old. I found that wearing a knit cami or tank top under my shirt and tucked into my pants keeps them up quite well in most cases.

I am 13 days away from surgery and can't wait to throw away all those cami's.

@@Elode

Here's to the BUTT of the jokes! So where do I find these miracle jeans (for me, they must be miracles!!!)? Any particular store that carries them? It is 4:43pm, and hunger is seriously getting the better of me, so I better do something about it! Thanks for your help!

@@ajones3300

So when are YOU due?! The cami idea is brilliant! Thanks, I'll have to try that!

I think we'll have to consider ourselves as part of the "Immaculate Conception" part two! And here I thought was all alone in this-NOT! Thanks for sharing, and let me know how you do, we pregger-girls need to stick together! All the best to you!