Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bodybugg users report here!

Do you totally love your body bugg? I'm asking because I wanted one but a friend of mine got it and said the 'novelty" wears off after a while. She said she doesn't wear it anymore because people look at her like she's crazy. (And with warmer weather I guess it's more obvious that you have it on)

I'd like to hear from bandsters to see if it helps. Because I really do want one. I'd like to have some sort of idea how many calories I'm burning.

I lied I found a few i like... Let me know how they do.. :)

My skin came yesterday and I absolutely LOVE it! Can't wait for my pink armband to get here, because it will set it off beautifully :thumbup:

Very easy to put on and it's so "me" to jazz up any device I own LOL

Got my Bodybugg this AM :thumbup: Charged her up and have been wearing her since Noon.

It wants me to burn 3550 Calories and My Target Calories to eat is 2050

Do you totally love your body bugg? I'm asking because I wanted one but a friend of mine got it and said the 'novelty" wears off after a while. She said she doesn't wear it anymore because people look at her like she's crazy. (And with warmer weather I guess it's more obvious that you have it on)

I'd like to hear from bandsters to see if it helps. Because I really do want one. I'd like to have some sort of idea how many calories I'm burning.

I love mine. I love how I can log my food. It keeps me from eating bad things. Because if I didn't log it I know I would be lying to myself. I think it also helps with Portion Control. I only eat the portion that is on the package. In all, I really like it. No one looks at me as if I were crazy. I really don't care what anyone says. No one is going to lose this weight but me.

I LOVE MY BB. I wear it all the time, except in the shower. Tank tops or turtle necks, I wear it. I was in a weddig last October (yes i took it off for the wedding) with a sleeves dress and had the tan lines to prove it. they were so prominant that I contemplated going getting a spray tan on my arm to evn it out for the wedding. Some people look and some people ask what it is and either way is fine with me. And now that I got my hot pink case and my zebra case I cant wait for the weather to improve this weekend so I can show it off.

Weight loss is simple math, calories burned vs. calories consumed and the consumed part I could always track but the BB tells me if I'm working hard enough to have a large enough deficit to yield my weight loss goals.

I am really having a hard time believing this thing.. Yesterday I did an hour of cardio and lifted for 40 mins and it said I burned 3589 calories.. Today I havent worked out on bit was on for 16 hours at my paramedic job the first 6 of it i slept and only ran 3 calls the rest of the shift with some patient lifting and sweating due to starting ivs and all the fun jazz and It says i burned 4098 calories, i dont know how that is possible :laugh: I hope this wasnt a waste of my money...

I am really having a hard time believing this thing.. Yesterday I did an hour of cardio and lifted for 40 mins and it said I burned 3589 calories.. Today I havent worked out on bit was on for 16 hours at my paramedic job the first 6 of it i slept and only ran 3 calls the rest of the shift with some patient lifting and sweating due to starting ivs and all the fun jazz and It says i burned 4098 calories, i dont know how that is possible :laugh: I hope this wasnt a waste of my money...

I had a hard time believing it at first, also but now I don't. In the past when we use machines that tell us around what we burned that was all we saw but we burn calories every second of the day. It's probably safe to say that in that hour of cardio you probably burned about 600 calories during the activity but your calorie burn/minute doesnt drop down right away after you're done with your cardio so it's a little more than that. And while you were lifting you probably burned about 350, maybe a little more. During 8 hours of sleep you burn about 550 calories. So if you slept for 6 hours you burned roughly 410 calories. And when you're doing other things during your day that you don't consider exercise you're still burning calories. I burn around 2.8 cals/minute just grocery shopping so it all adds up. I burned 3,253 cals yesterday with 50 mins of cardio and 45 mins of walking at work and the rest of my day was mostly sedentary.

Another thing that makes a difference is your size. People who are bigger burn more calories, people who are smaller burn fewer calories.

I just spent 50 min on the treadmill at 3 mph and burned 230 calories, my projected daily burn for today is 1828 so I will have to get back on the treadmill for another 50 to get to my 2150 daily burn.:laugh:

I am really having a hard time believing this thing.. Yesterday I did an hour of cardio and lifted for 40 mins and it said I burned 3589 calories.. Today I havent worked out on bit was on for 16 hours at my paramedic job the first 6 of it i slept and only ran 3 calls the rest of the shift with some patient lifting and sweating due to starting ivs and all the fun jazz and It says i burned 4098 calories, i dont know how that is possible :) I hope this wasnt a waste of my money...

I think mine is pretty accurate. I'm a certified nursing assistant, and I do end up burning almost my daily goal during an 8 hour shift. But it depends on the assignment - some assignments are easier than others. On days that I'm off, I can't even get close to my target calories burned.

My weight-lifting regimen burns VERY few calories. (The burn comes more after the workout.) Being up and active (as in patient care--which I don't do any more, but know what it entails) burns way more calories. 16 hour shift? Just way, way, way more calorie burn than 40 minutes of weight-lifting + a cardio workout.

I don't have a hard time believing what the Bugg told you for your activities, Liftingchic.

How accurate do you think the pedometer is?

How accurate do you think the pedometer is?

The pedometer is dead on accurate. I have tested it. I was skeptial when it told me the it was 152 steps from my office to the ladies room, so one day I counted the steps as I walked there an it was spot on!

Edited by ddgalarza

I find the pedometer is right on too.. I counted my steps one day heheh

My weight-lifting regimen burns VERY few calories. (The burn comes more after the workout.) Being up and active (as in patient care--which I don't do any more, but know what it entails) burns way more calories. 16 hour shift? Just way, way, way more calorie burn than 40 minutes of weight-lifting + a cardio workout.

I don't have a hard time believing what the Bugg told you for your activities, Liftingchic.

You havent lifted with me before then hehe! It said I was burning 17 Calories a min during my 30 mins of Lifting last night. I take zero Rest and go one set on one lift and go right to another exercise.. I see it as Weight lifting and cardio ehehh!