Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New idea for protein...and it tastes GOOD!

I keep some old Water bottles and make up crystal light lemonade with unflavored Isopure whey Protein, keep them in the fridge.

When I was in the liquid phase I did a lot of the crystal light shakes -- to get rid of the gritty consistency if you stir and all the foam if you blend it, I would put it in my nutribullet in the morning, and then leave it in the fridge for a few hours. After sitting in the fridge for that long, the foam is gone and the drink is a good smooth consistency. Good Luck!

@@Myonlybattle

Thanks! Have you or anyone else noticed after you drink Crystal Light if it seems to increase your hunger, as I've heard aspartame can do that? Since I don't want to get hungry unnecessarily, I haven't tried the Crystal Light since I had my surgery.

I use half of a bottle of Isopure, mixed with 12oz G2, or crystal light. I drink on that all day, adding ice periodically.

Be careful with fruit juice. Lots of carbs.

Another idea is adding unflavored Protein powder to Soup, I like the chunkier types, AFTER it is cooked. I found out the hard way to cook the Soup first, as the whey powder will "bloom" in the bowl as I microwave it! NOT GOOD! But if I add it afterwards, and add a little milk/water to thin it a little (if necessary), I really don't notice the powder, or the flavor of it. My only trouble is I can rarely eat even a small portion, so I still don't get all the Protein I intend to!

@ I have been at it for seven months, collecting samples, kitchen appliances, everything. Attended two different meeting location. I couldn't be more ready that way. Deep breath and counting down.

Premier Protein now comes in Powder form. SAMS Club has the powder in vanilla and chocolate.

I thought I'd try throwing the unflavored Protein powder in just about anything wet, scrambled eggs, hot/cold drinks, Cereal w/ milk (hot or cold cereal), stew...just trying to get in extra wherever I can. My thought is this: If 60-80 grams is enough in shake form, then how come I am still losing hair? I get all that Protein and then some, but I am wondering if we drink it all, for the most part, won't some (or lots) wash out of us? Is enough getting absorbed? So I thought I'd try sneaking it in wherever I can, to see if it makes a difference, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to tell. Worth a try, I guess.

I am so disgusted with the vanilla cake batter and orange cream Protein shakes! I did purchase the Protein Powder without any flavor to added to everything. I hate to waste the shakes powders I purchased, but I honestly can't stand the taste of them anymore!????

I mixed the non flavored Protein powder with a warm cup of chicken broth & it was pretty good! My dietician said I should be able to sprinkle it over all my dishes and this will help with my protein intake. Is anyone having a hard time getting in 64 oz of Water?

@ I finally go March 30th. Start my prediet Monday!

@@ElleTx

Try adding the Water Enhancer drops to those flavors of shakes...might just "shake things up"!!! HaHa! Seriously, maybe try the tropical or mango in the vanilla or orange cream..might make it more palatable, and you won't waste them! Let me know how it tastes....

Vanilla unjury Protein Powder mixed with Great Value (Walmart) Orange Sunrise drink - kind of like an orange dreamsicle - a nice change from vanilla or chocolate flavors. Also, the Unjury chicken Soup is a great option for something hot and not sweet.