Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The way my doctors office is billing my procedure is with an out of network facility and in network surgeon. It ends up costing me less that way.

My paperwork was sent to insurance on Friday the 13th (hope that's not a sign) and I called yesterday to confirm that had received it and they had. They said they received it yesterday the 16th and that it usually takes 15 days to render a decision.

I got an email this afternoon from my insurance stating that my company has made some changes to our medical plan. One of the changes being that bariatric surgery can only take place at an in network center of excellence starting April 1.

Doc office wants to schedule me for a March surgery, but I'm just worried that something is going to happen that would push me into April :-/

Sorry so long. Just venting. :(

Have no idea how this posted twice. Is there a way to delete one of them?

i would be sure to call whoever you talk to in the surgeon's office about this and that you MUST have it before April 1. I would think that is fine...I was scheduled just two weeks out

good luck!

I emailed my patient advocate right after I read the email. If I don't hear from her tomorrow morning then I am going to call the office and see if there is anyway to expedite the process. They are very optimistic that I'm going to be approved so I've been thinking about seeing if they can go ahead and set a date for me that way there isn't a possibility of surgery dates getting filled up. I was already anxious about all this before the email, and now it's worse.. Gonna be the longest 2 weeks ever.

Patient advocate replied this morning and said she was going to forward the information on to their insurance company. Not entirely sure what that means. But I called later today and spoke with the person who had submitted everything to my insurance and let her know and she said she is going to contact her boss and for me to call back next week.

I have a patient advocate with True Results. She contacts my insurance for me and makes sure that everything's in order. She calls me and emails me often to let me know how things are proceeding.

Edited by Angelpoet73

I'm going through True Results. The patient advocate is someone who has been through this whole process themselves so they can answer all your questions. Help with insurance. They are my go to person. My patient advocate had the lap band and has lost 100lbs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches