Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 4 Post Op Questions I need your Wisdom on the Nitty Gritty!

Hey RNY buddies!!!!! Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions! Please tell me...after I drink my shake I get a gritty feeling in the back of my throat...its not sore...it feels like solid pieces of grit... its weird....what gives? Is this normal? This is even if I drink slowly and don't overdo it (I think) Also, when do the dizzies get better? When does the hairy tongue go away? And what is best liquid diet thing to blend unflavored Protein Powder in please? I tried cream of chicken Soup and it tasted horrible! Thanks in advance :)

Maybe you need to shake up the Protein Drink a little better. I got dizziness too, right around the stage you are at (4 days) and was told it was because I was dehydrated and not drinking enough Water. Don't know what the hairy tongue thing is, but you could try mixing Protein in with crystal light. I like the Premier Protein drinks from costco, they are already blended up with whey protein. 30 grams of protein and only 160 calories and 1 gram of sugar. They are delicious so I don't even mess around with powders. Good luck, stick with it. It is so worth it!

I love the nutribullet and I always get vanilla flavored because I was never able to Mix the plain into anything that tasted good. It always has a taste even if it says I'm flavored. so I always use the vanilla flavored so that I can mix and a banana or some strawberries or some other fruit with my Protein. With the Neutra bullet I even mix vegetables and that I wouldn't be able to eat otherwise flaxseeds chard, Maquet powder, spinach, pineapple, lots of fibrous vegetables that our body needs that we can't eat anymore. I've always wanted to try the costco brand stuff too. As for the dizziness make sure you're hydrated and getting enough protein and calories. I've been hospitalized several times for dehydration so make sure you sip sip sip.

Being dizzy could be dehydration so make sure you get plenty of Fluid. My doctor said getting fluid should be the only thing to worry about the first week he said not to really worry about the Protein. I second the Premier Protein from costco premixed. I also use ungury chicken broth in place of Water in my Soups, really saved me when I can't tolerate the sweet protein. If you do use ungury make sure you blend it exactly like the package says then heat it up its the only way it works. You can always just sip on the broth as well.

Thanks for taking the time to replyguys I really appreciate it! I had an appointment with my nut yesterday and she said the hairy tongue was actually a dry tongue as our tongues are one of the first predictors of dehydration...and yes you guys were right... I was dehydrated. The gritty feeling was actually reflux...foamies.....I was swollen inside so it was harder to get the shakes down..they came right back up and sat in the back of my throat a while..the nut and surgeon wanted me to focus on the shakes because "protein heals"and I counted the shakes toward my liquid intake. I am ten days out today and can now tell when I am too full and I slow down...taking smaller sips...and just letting the swelling go down helped tremendously :).