Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbee with an old band.. lol

My plan :

Until I can get to the doctor, I am eating slower. I know it is still a lot of food for a bariatric patient, but I have not binged or PB since last friday. That is huge for me.

I came up with a way to get some exercise while at work. I deliver gasoline for a living, so the time spent loading and unloading will be spent walking feom one end of the truck to the other. Or there is a step in the loading bay I have been using to do step ups. Hey, it's something.

I already feel better than I have in months.

That's awesome @@bacon! I do the same at work...I walk up and down the hallway, back and forth and I have a step up stool in my office. Helps me to think too.

Love your new attitude!

Thanks! I just got off the phone with the doctors office. I have an appointment. Its not for 6 weeks... but its been this long. I WILL need to stay focused. Thanks again for the support ya'll.. (thats what we call folks back home)..lol

You don't need to translate for me...I'm from Texas, ya'll!

Stay focused and keep us posted!

Is it silly that tomorrow is my 4 year anniversary and I'm nervous about posting a new side by side??

I've tried 3 times and keep deleting. smdh. Such a mental game we play.

Your surgeon may have a support group locally you could attend too in the meantime. And keep coming here, lots of support here. Oh, and maybe read. For myself, reading about what I'm supposedto be doing can keep me on track. There's an app called Eat Slower that you can set at some time interval (30 seconds, 1 minute etc) and that has helped me. I always attacked my food like it was going to run off. Now I eat like a frikin lady.

Now I eat like a frikin lady.

I need to write a song with this as the title... bet it'd be a hit!

The temptation of getting on the scale is pretty strong. In the past I got on the scale a bunch, and it would lead to me getting discouraged and usually getting off track with a binge. So I think I will weigh ever 2 weeks or wait till I go to see the doc. I remember thinking( when I was at my lowest weight) "that was actually real easy, If I gain a few pounds , it will be easy to take off." 70 pounds late... not that easy.. Can success actually lead to greater discouragement?

Today is my day off so I am off to the track at the community college. So if you do not hear back from me, send a life squad to come get me!! Oh.. and tell them to bring a milkshake!! :lol:

You misspelled "protein" shake.

Got one on standby for you. ????

Protein Shake. That's what I meant that's what I meant. Focus focus focus.I am on the track right now still breathing in everything!

2.1 miles.. Alive!

Way to go! I'm back in bed for a quick nap! Go me!!

I had a lapband from 2001 to 2011. I honestly had problems from practically the very beginning, but when I moved back to the USA in 2002 and couldn't find a good doctor to take me on, I went into shame mode.

My #1 advice for someone who has "failed" at weight loss surgery is to seek help like you are doing. You do feel ashamed, failed and all that stuff - but that is wrong thinking. Right thinking is that you have a life threatening condition (obesity) and the treatment path you started down is not working right now. What can be done? It removes alot of the guilt, blame and other useless thoughts around this.

If I had not been so ashamed, I would have looked for someone to help me figure out what to do many many many years earlier. Who knows what would have happened, but I promised myself when I revised to the sleeve that I would not accept this self blame again. If I have problems with my sleeve... I run, not walk, back to my bariatric center. That only happened once in the last 3 years and it wasn't really sleeve related but it was good to know they were so supportive of me.

Your post made me laugh... I do think this could be a song...

. I always attacked my food like it was going to run off. Now I eat like a frikin lady.