Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbee with an old band.. lol

Thanks for the input @CowgirlJane. I am super stoked about getting and being "back in the saddle again" ooh otta write a song like that... wait... Thanks for all the support!

Thanks! I just got off the phone with the doctors office. I have an appointment. Its not for 6 weeks... but its been this long. I WILL need to stay focused. Thanks again for the support ya'll.. (thats what we call folks back home)..lol

My lowest weight since my Band was around December 2009 around 190. Afterwards stop exercising and even though I still ate properly during my meals I went back to heavy duty snacking and the weight started to creep back on. In June 2011 I had a complete unfill due to esophagus dilation and during the next three months gained 25 lbs.

I slowly kept gaining weight. On January 1 2013 after reaching 250 I recommitted myself and am losing weight again

I am back down to around 210 and have 1.3 cc in a 4 cc band so I really do not tolerate fills very well but I like to focus on the results of benefits of the WLS such as:

No more diabetes medicine

No more sleep apnea

No more pain in my back or knees

I actually enjoy walking

I can keep up with the grand children

I also keep in mind all those terrific NSV's

Not having to ask for an extension on an airplane

Walking down an aisle of an airplane without apologizing for almost knocking someone out.

Getting off the coach on the first try

Crossing my legs

Getting dressed without sitting down

Being able to ride any coaster at an amusement park

Not having to worry if the ladder is going to hold me or not

Tying my shoes without almost passing out.

Taking the golf ball out of the hole without getting on my knees first

Leaving food on the plate without feeling guilty

It seems when I stay away from this board that I gain weight and find my way back usually, so it is really important to keep a support system around you.

Who knows if I will ever reach my goal weight but I am thrilled with the weight that I have been able to keep off.

For me the band has worked and though I have had my ups and down it was one of my best decisions I have ever made.

Well said jfc!

@@jfc193, yes. Staying on the boards is a daily connection to why I'm doing this and I can't imagine doing as well without the support of this community. Keep posting! You are an inspiration!

Tanks for sharing sir..it has been inspiring to read your comment.@@jfc193

1 week ago today was my last binge.I feel very thankful for this small victory.y'all step back cause I'm fixin to knock this deal out of the park.

Hi @bacon. I know I have not personally been a band patient, however, I have a few super close friends in my local area that have been! We talk often and I have heard many stories about the band. One of my close friends had a similiar story like yours and we talked for a month or so before she finally got the courage to go talk to another bariatric doctor and found what could be done about her situation. In her case after two years of having the band and not going to the doctor the band had slipped and made for really ill issues. She did contact my bariatric doctor and they went in and removed the band and did the sleeve. She was also concerned about how insurance would handle the situation, it was a little time and effort on her part and she was sleeved and looks great today!! I wish you the best of luck in what you chose to do! Lots of prayers for you~!

newmetwenty15, Christie

Thank you Christie...I told some friends from church about it yesterday so I have a lot of support there as well. I am really excited about this new chapter.

I actually signed up for a 5k this summer I went ahead and paid for it so hopefully,that will help me to stay active.

Are you training for it?

Wait...why am I awake?

Yes. Very hard too!

Wait why are you awake?

@@jfc193, yes. Staying on the boards is a daily connection to why I'm doing this and I can't imagine doing as well without the support of this community. Keep posting! You are an inspiration!

@@JustWatchMe

i've been here since pre-op 2011

i agree with everything you said

i'm here daily (whether you guys like it or not) LOL

board does keep me motivated

reminds me where i was, were i am now - and where i'll be in the future

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Weighed in at 274 this morn. 8 pounds in two weeks.