Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February/March 2015 Self Payers in Mexico

@@defibvt,

Our time is almost near - yippee!!! I arrive at the Marriott on March 3rd. So if you're there, let's make it point to meet in the lobby. I return on the March 6th when you're heading out. Either way, I definitely want to hear about your experience. I start the "official" pre-op diet on Sunday, although I started cutting back -UNTIL today. One of our fellow sleevers noted that this is the time for me to eat whatever I want - prior to pre-op. Then it hit me - she's absolutely right. So I had a burger. LOL Not sure if I'll go off track much more with the pre-op coming soon.

Either way, let's stay in touch during this pre-op period.

I will definitely be there on the 5th... head back to Texas on the 6th. Hope to meet you there... Until then... good luck with the diet.. I will start my 2 week pre-diet on Monday.

@@cassie_vsg,

Congrats on your upcoming sleeve!!!! I will be at the Marriott during a portion of your stay. Hopefully we will get a chance to connect while there, but either way, I wish you all the best! Keep us posted on your experience.

I'm getting sleeved on March 6th with Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC. I'll be at the Marriott from March 5-9! It looks like a lot of places use that hotel for surgery patients. I'm starting to get super nervous. I'm on my pre-op diet now....2 Protein shakes, 1 meal per day then all liquids for the last 2 weeks before surgery. Definitely a struggle but I know the end result will be worth it! Good luck to everyone getting sleeved or recently sleeved!

@@SleevedNFree That will be great!!! Let's plan on it! I will be posting some info on here when I am there.

Hi everyone. I am new to the site but have definitely been following the post on here for some time.

I am scheduled to be sleeved with Dr. Francisco Gonzalez in Tijuana on February 26th.

@,

Welcome to this awesome site filled with so much information and encouragement. I'm so excited for you as your surgery date is right around the corner. Let us know how you are progressing and keep us posted on the post-op experience. We learn so much from each other. All the best!

Hi everyone. I am new to the site but have definitely been following the post on here for some time.

I am scheduled to be sleeved with Dr. Francisco Gonzalez in Tijuana on February 26th.

@,

Welcome to this awesome site filled with so much information and encouragement. I'm so excited for you as your surgery date is right around the corner. Let us know how you are progressing and keep us posted on the post-op experience. We learn so much from each other. All the best!

Thank you so much for your kind welcome. I am looking forward to sharing each and every detail y'all.

This is so awesome!!! I get sleeved on March 6th as well by Dr Ortiz... I will also be there on March 5th at the Marriot.

This is so awesome!!! I get sleeved on March 6th as well by Dr Ortiz... I will also be there on March 5th at the Marriot.

Yay! I will be getting sleeved on the 6th too!

Just scheduled mine for March 6th with Dr Corvala at Hospital Angeles, so excited (and a bit nervous). Anyone having theirs done then and traveling from the southeast maybe we could buddy-up! This site has been very helpful!

I definitely will keep you posted! I feel confident with my choice, even though my gf went to Dr Acheves at Almater Hospital last February '14. She looks amazing and had no problems during her journey(except the head hunger and cravings, of course) she is now going for tummy and breast surgery in the states on Wednesday, maybe I'll b doing that next yr! Lol

I am signed up with Dr. Corvala at hospital Angeles for june 23. I'm also considering Dr. Nicolson and Dr Kim in Dallas. I'm not getting support from my spouse about having the surgery in Mexico. I'm in the process of trying to determine if Dr. Corvala's VSG technique is similar to Dr. Kim's inverted gastriac sleeve technique where there are three lines of staples, a suture over the staples, then inverting the suture/staple line into the stomach and then suturing again. Apparenly that significantly reduces the chances of leaks and expansion down the road. Hospital Angeles case coordinator is saying that only three days in the hospital is generally needed. they advertise 5 days hospital stay on their website and that is what I am insisting on as I would be there alone with no other help and I'm not sure much help I will get from local doctors in my area if they find out I had my surgery in mexico. I would appreciate any posts from anyone that has recently had vsg surgery with dr. Corvala on how your experience went. He is the only Doctor in Mexico that I would consider for gastriac sleeve VSG surgery. Otherwise I"m leaning towards Dr. Nicholson or Dr. kim in dallas as they have travel programs, are well respected, and the prices for the procedure in Dallas and texas in general are considerable cost than where i am from.

Hi everyone.

Is there anyone that will be staying at the Hotel Pueblo Amigo around February 26th? I have my surgery that day and am unsure if I will make the trip the day before or the day of surgery especially since I am going alone.

I don't have to fly in as Tijuana is 2 hours and 40 minutes from my house. I'm just going to be parking near the border and being picked up. I am going with Medical Tourism Company.

I'd love a sleeve buddy.

I'm getting sleeved on March 6th with Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC. I'll be at the Marriott from March 5-9! It looks like a lot of places use that hotel for surgery patients. I'm starting to get super nervous. I'm on my pre-op diet now....2 Protein Shakes, 1 meal per day then all liquids for the last 2 weeks before surgery. Definitely a struggle but I know the end result will be worth it! Good luck to everyone getting sleeved or recently sleeved!

maybe we will bump into each other I will be there the 7 to the 13th

Dr Pompa....March 3rd! Heard many great things from fellow sleevers :)

I haven't scheduled yet, but I have time off from work scheduled and everything lining up for this to go through. I'm expecting it to go through at the end of March. I'm so excited, yet nervous. I'm hoping for March 31st to be my date through ALM. I'm still undecided between Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Curiel through them. Either way, it'll be soon! Eeks. :D