Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Posterior Lower Body Lift- Questions? Thoughts?

For anyone who happens to remember my earlier postings, I have already had two procedures. In August I had a breast augment and lift, abdominoplasty, and Lipo to my hips, back, and thighs. I was very happy with the results, so then I scheduled my next procedure in November. This was a brachioplasty and groin incision thigh lift. I am not terrifically pleased with the thigh lift, but my doctor will ideally be fixing it during my next procedure, and I loved the arms. Much thanks to everyone who encouraged me to go for the brachioplasty when I posted my "wings or scars?" post!

So..I am now going into my last surgery in two months. Ideally it will include a fix for my thighs, but it will predominately be the back half of the lower body lift.

1. For those of you who have had that part done, are you happy with it and do you really notice a big difference?

2. If you don't mind sharing, did you have the incision that is heart-shaped and goes up a bit higher or the straight line across the top of the butt crack version? My doctor strongly advocated for the higher scar because he said it produces a butt that looks more like a woman's, however I don't love the higher scar and it's hard to tell in pictures the difference between the two.

3. After surgery, did you recover laying on your back?

Thank-you!

I had a lower body lift and my back is the heart shape. I elected to have some of the extra skin used to make my tush less flat. My surgeon did a beautiful job and I'm thrilled with the results! I slept on my back without any issues. I am only two months out but love the way things are looking and my new hot body. I wish I could do my inner thighs too but probably will not do any further plastics as insurance paid for the lower body lift and I doubt lightening will strike twice for me. Plus this recovery is bo joke and being in my mid 40 I'm not sure I care about the extra skin in my thighs like I did in my abdomen. I was blessed in that my arms look completely normal and I never got the bat wings. My highest weight was 267 I am 5'2" and I weigh 110 to 112 depending on the day now. My surgeon is a mayo clinic physician and they are world renowned. I wear cute little bikini panties and my scars are completely hidden.

@iamsoworthit Thank-you! I'm glad that you are happy with your results. I'm leaning toward the heart-shape but I wasn't sure how well it would be hidden by panties. I feel a bit better about that now!

I had a lower body lift. That was an abdominoplasty, thigh lift, and butt lift with auto fat flap augmentation all in one procedure. My abdomen turned out great, I did get a significant thigh lift, and my back and upper rear end is better, too. I have the circumferential scar that's straight in back. I think the result is acceptable, especially considering where I started. The shape of my upper rear end is very good. However, my lower half is still flat, and I still have a little saggy skin in my upper posterior thighs/lower buttocks. Again, it's way better, but not as good as everything else. I could lay on my back, but it sort of felt like a had belt with pins poking me for a while. That's gone now. I also had my arms done at the same time, and even with the scars, they are awesome.

I also had a medial thigh lift with a short incision in the inner thigh/groin area and long incisions to my knees. The results of that are also good, but not great, at least yet. It's only been six weeks. My thighs were really horrible before surgery, and have been my whole life. I still have some looseness and quite a bit of cellulite. I also have saddle bags on my outer thighs. My thighs are not exactly symmetrical either, but they never were. I think I'm going to need some tweaking.

In order to correct the saddlebags, she said a little liposuction would take care of it. As for the saggy bum/thighs, she said it would require an incision along the buttocks crease, and the recovery from that is rough - you can't sit for a month.

So, my doc prefers not to over correct, because that's harder to fix, or potentially impossible. This process sure does take longer than I anticipated. But even if this is all I have done, it's still better than where I was 2 years ago, or where I was before plastics. Of course I would love a perfect body, but I'm not sure I want to keep putting myself through the misery and risk to get it. Sometimes the damage from obesity is just too much, and there is only so much that can be done. I'm 52, so I suspect my body is better than most women my age.

I had a lower body lift and a butt lift. The fat flab from my back during my lower body lift was used and inserted to create me a new rounder butt because I was literally sitting on my tail bone which was extremely painful.

I have the round lower incision. I love it because it can be easily hidden under pretty underwear.

I am extremely happy with my results!

I recovered by mostly laying on my back. Sometimes it was uncomfortable, then I would just change to a side position.

Pictures:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/gallery/member/116222-sweet-pee/

@MichiganChic Thank-you for your reply! I tend to agree with your doctor that it's better to not do too much and then wish you hadn't than the other way around. I'm glad you are happy that you went for the procedure.

@@Sweet Pee Your pictures look great- thank-you for posting! Being able to see your scar is helpful for me because I wasn't entirely sure about the placement and a lot of pictures I've seen are with people wearing something that covers the scar placement.