Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Hey 396, A lot of your posts are peppered with Christian type sentiments that are aimed at making others feel sub human. Is there any particular need for this? Susannah

I can't help but take note of the breathtaking hypocricy that I see on this board. The other day I was run through the meat grinder for making a joke about christians and the death penalty. And now 396 accuses a substantial number of women on this board of being "killers." Remember this is not a joke. He is serious.

But for some reason the righteous indignation we saw a few days ago from the supposed "christians" is conspicuously absent. No one is berating the moderators for letting 396 continue to "spew his hate." No one is telling 396 that he has "crossed the line." I wonder why? As the Church Lady used to ask, "Could it be . . . Satan???"

But I don't think it is Satan. Rather I think it is just hypocricy, closed-mindedness and arrogance. In fact, some people on this board are so full of hypocricy and arrogance I do believe I can see it from here, squeezing out the bottom of their trousers.

Maybe it is okay to call another person a killer and mean it and not okay to say you would like a group of people killed in jest?

You are a very very bad boy.

396, I can't speak for the other women on this board but I would not have a man dictating to me about my choices in this regard. At the end of the day it is a woman's body and her choice.

Funny how some people who are recent converts to Christianity become the most vocal, intolerant zealots trying to ram their ideology down the throats of others.

It is 2007. You may want to contemporize a little bit. I am sorry, but excerpts from the bible don't really have a whole lot of relevance in the lives of many in the modern world.

Susannah

Funny thing is that before I was a born again Christian I had the same pro life view! I think that it is the only human thing to do. and someone needs to speak for the Unborn and their rights!

I can't help but take note of the breathtaking hypocricy that I see on this board. The other day I was run through the meat grinder for making a joke about christians and the death penalty. And now 396 accuses a substantial number of women on this board of being "killers." Remember this is not a joke. He is serious.

But for some reason the righteous indignation we saw a few days ago from the supposed "christians" is conspicuously absent. No one is berating the moderators for letting 396 continue to "spew his hate." No one is telling 396 that he has "crossed the line." I wonder why? As the Church Lady used to ask, "Could it be . . . Satan???"

But I don't think it is Satan. Rather I think it is just hypocricy, closed-mindedness and arrogance. In fact, some people on this board are so full of hypocricy and arrogance I do believe I can see it from here, squeezing out the bottom of their trousers.

The obvious defernce is that you (joking) said that you want death penalty for Christians, or something like that. And I am just telling the facts. which is that when a woman has an abortion she is getting rid of a heartbeat, that would within a few months would be a breathing through lungs baby. and where I'm from that is murder!

and where I'm from that is murder!
Well, where I'm from, abortion isn't murder. Therefore, women who have abortions aren't murderers.

Well, where I'm from, abortion isn't murder. Therefore, women who have abortions aren't murderers.

THANKYOU LAUREND....

396...remember that abortion is LEGAL in our country and in my opinion, most men who have a problem with this issue are those men who have problems with women telling THEM what they (the women) will or will not do with their (the men) "seed"...I again do not believe in abortion, but I do believe that a woman is entitled to make the choice of what happens with HER body, not yours, not your wife's, not your sister's, HER body...c'mon people, wake up here...

Peace Out!

T~:hippie:

This is an interesting statement. Why not?

I don't want to speak for tanderson but I can say this for myself.

What you refuse to understand, gadget, is that virtually all pro-choice people don't "believe in" abortion. Except for the few mythical feminists you like to drag out, no one is happy about an abortion.

But that is not the issue at all. The issue is, who gets to choose what happens with an unwanted pregnancy. Who gets to decide what the woman does. Should she have the freedom to control her own life and make her own decisions? Or should you and others like you get to force a decision on her and impose your view of morality on her through legislation.

But truly, it is a tiresome waste of time for you to respond with feigned surprise every time a pro-choice person says that they don't favor abortion. Of course they don't favor abortion. No one does.

But that's not the issue.

But truly, it is a tiresome waste of time for you to respond with feigned surprise every time a pro-choice person says that they don't favor abortion. Of course they don't favor abortion. No one does.

I'm not feigning surprise. I'm asking a question. Why does she think abortion is a bad thing? Why does "no one" favor abortion? I'm sorry you don't like the question but I still have a right to ask it.

I'm not feigning surprise. I'm asking a question. Why does she think abortion is a bad thing? Why does "no one" favor abortion? I'm sorry you don't like the question but I still have a right to ask it.

Good question....I don't necessarily believe that abortion is a "bad" thing, because in very bad situations, it can be a truly "good" thing, such as in rape or incest. However, for me...I would never consider having an abortion because I was too lazy, too careless, too poor, (whatever) to take proper birth control measures...and I would never have an abortion just because the "timing" wasn't "right". That being said, not all women are me and all women should have the right to decide (i.e. pro choice) what is right for them.

No one is disputing your right to ask the question. I am simply asking you to consider opening your mind beyond the same point you keep making over and over again. You seem to have the point of view that any person who is reluctant to have an abortion, or who considers it something to be avoided, is automatically a person who agrees that abortion is "baby killing." But that is not the case. Obviously a fetus is an entity that probably will, with good health, some day develop into a baby. No one is denying that. And very few people who support a woman's right to choose take pleasure in stopping this process from fetus to baby.

But when you hear this, your response is: "You see, you do agree that abortion is baby killing. If a fetus was not a baby, why would you ever be reluctant to have an abortion." etc. etc. But this logic does not work. You make a leap that is too large in your argument. There are many reasons why people would be reluctant to have an abortion even if they do not agree that it is killing a baby. The main reason is because, of course, as everyone knows, the fetus will often develop into a baby.

An unwanted pregnancy is obviously not a happy thing. Either the fetus or the grown, adult woman is going to have to pay a heavy price. You insist that all the woman has to do is drop off the unwanted child like dry cleaning and everyone can be a winner. But this simply does not work for many women. It is quite often much more complicated than that. The only real issue here is, who gets to make the decision of how it is handled. The woman, or the state.

So, when you hear pro choice people express reluctance to have an abortion, perhaps some day you can consider that this does not "prove" that they really agree with you that abortion is "baby killing."

"until i walk trough the shoe's of a killer" well I don't need to walk in the shoes of anyone to know that it is a desision that should not be made. But if it is made, cause we all make mistakes. then there should be some law that would make it not as easy to get and make you not want to get one!

If men could get pregnant there would be a 110% effective form of birth control. Maybe there should be a poll out there on how many men have had to make the sole choice to carry an unwanted pregnancy or not.....:lalala:

As I said before, I personally do not believe I could ever abort a baby. However, I have never been raped either. Nor have I ever been in a position where I was pregnant and did not want to be. So, until I have walked in those shoes, I certainly cannot, should not and would not condem someone who has and had to make a choice whether or not to keep the child. 396, you are entitled to your personal beliefs. No one is denying you that. However, just because that is your belief, or the "christian" belief, does not mean that is everyone elses belief. We should not be forced to live by your rules just because you think you are right. You may look at it as murder, however, other people do not. We cannot force our beliefs upon others. I think that is why there is the christian bashing go on here. Not because we disagree with your right to believe, but because you insist on forcing your beliefs upon us and that it is either your way, or no way.