Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to this.....anyone from southwestern pa?

@@Christina44 do you mind sharing where you're having your surgery at? You can pm me if you'd like!! :)

I am having my surgery at West Penn Hospital. I went to seminar on February 2 and met with the surgeon on February 3. He said that we are looking at end of july to the begining of august for surgery.

I'm from Pittsburgh Pa no date set yet. Planning April if all goes right. Anyone else from Pittsburgh/Washington Pa?

I'm an hour north of Pitts. I'm at the beginning stages of the whole process. I had my seminar on Jan 27. The coordinator said she will start calling people in two weeks. So hopefully I get my first appt next week to get the ball really rolling.

I wish you the best!!! What surgery are you having done?Are you up near Slippery Rock?

I'm an hour north of Pitts. I'm at the beginning stages of the whole process. I had my seminar on Jan 27. The coordinator said she will start calling people in two weeks. So hopefully I get my first appt next week to get the ball really rolling.

That's so exciting! I hope you get your call soon!!!????

I wish you the best!!! What surgery are you having done?Are you up near Slippery Rock?

I'm near Hermitage PA. Also, I will be getting Gastric bypass. Even though lately I have been leaning towards the sleeve. But, I read and heard it you get bad GERD with that.

Yikes your far from me! I've been hearing this a lot recently. Never really did before. Looks like I'll also be a RNY girl too!

I'm near Hermitage PA. Also, I will be getting Gastric bypass. Even though lately I have been leaning towards the sleeve. But, I read and heard it you get bad GERD with that.

Yikes your far from me! I've been hearing this a lot recently. Never really did before. Looks like I'll also be a RNY girl too!.

Sweet! Where abouts are you located and how far are you into your journey to WLS?

RNYGal I am over half way. I had my 4th visit last week. I still have my stress and echocardiogram to get done then I'm complete. My doctor requires all this stuff. My insurance is Tricare and only requires a psych eval and a documented failed diet from your past. I just found out about my acid issues which I still argue cause I feel perfectly fine. I also have some thyroid issues with my numbers being major high so they put me on meds and now it's too low lol. Craziness! I am hoping for an April surgery

Oh and I'm located in the south hills of Pittsburgh. Area called McMurray Pa

RNYGal I am over half way. I had my 4th visit last week. I still have my stress and echocardiogram to get done then I'm complete. My doctor requires all this stuff. My insurance is Tricare and only requires a psych eval and a documented failed diet from your past. I just found out about my acid issues which I still argue cause I feel perfectly fine. I also have some thyroid issues with my numbers being major high so they put me on meds and now it's too low lol. Craziness! I am hoping for an April surgery

April is so close! Hopefully you can get it done in April. At my rate it looks like I maybe a July or August surgery. Sometime this week my coordinator is supposed to call with my appt dates. I'm getting very impatient lol. I started all this back in December. But had to wait for seminar which wasn't until late January.

I have UPMC luckily with that insurance I just have to do a 6 month supervised diet, NUT/support group classes each month. (Due to a high BMI) Along with physic eval, labs, ABG pulmonary test, upper GI X-ray, and endoscope. My coordinator said she can get three of the tests scheduled and done in one day! Which is great... I also have to lose 5-10% weight in these 6 months

Seems like you have it all under control and are well in your way. Sad you had to wait for a seminar. Why couldn't you still start without the class? I too had to do all this. And yes a lot can be done all at once. Drink lots of Water. That will help with hunger for your 5-10% loss. Time will go fast!

Hi Connor I meet with my surgeon on March 3 to decide bypass or sleeve I'm hoping for sleeve but not sure. How bout you? Where are you sitting at this point? Where are you from?

April is so close! Hopefully you can get it done in April. At my rate it looks like I maybe a July or August surgery. Sometime this week my coordinator is supposed to call with my appt dates. I'm getting very impatient lol. I started all this back in December. But had to wait for seminar which wasn't until late January.

I have UPMC luckily with that insurance I just have to do a 6 month supervised diet, NUT/support group classes each month. (Due to a high BMI) Along with physic eval, labs, ABG pulmonary test, upper GI X-ray, and endoscope. My coordinator said she can get three of the tests scheduled and done in one day! Which is great... I also have to lose 5-10% weight in these 6 months

What's the update with you?!? How are things going?