Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2nd anyone?

Anyone having surgery the first week of February that would like to chat about all of the fun things that go along with having the VSG surgery.

Hi! I am having VSG on Feb 4 in Tijuana! How's your pre-op diet going?

I'm going in on February 3rd at 7:30 am!

Edited by mandy4242

I am Feb 4 and am on the pre-op as well. I get to have veggies all day and a salad with a Protein in the evening. shakes for Breakfast and lunch. I am adding a banana and 2 teaspoons of chia seeds to the shakes (approved/recommended by the nut) and I am not even hungry! But, I am woozy, lightheaded, dizzy. I think it is sugar withdrawal! I am a huge sugar freak!

I have to follow a high Protein, low carb, sugar free diet until the 1st then on the 2nd I am on a clear liquid diet then NPO after Midnight for surgery on the 3rd... I am surprised to see so many people on a liquid diet so far ahead of surgery

I have to follow a high Protein, low carb, sugar free diet until the 1st then on the 2nd I am on a clear liquid diet then NPO after Midnight for surgery on the 3rd... I am surprised to see so many people on a liquid diet so far ahead of surgery

What can you have on your diet? We have to stick to the shakes for 2 meals and salad w/protein for supper routine.

The pre-op diet is going easier than I thought it would. In our program, I have to do high Protein, low carb, low calorie. So I'm basically having 4 Protein Shakes a day, and I can have unsweetened applesauce, regular oatmeal or cream of wheat, greek yogurt with no chunks, and as many non-starchy veggies as I want. The first day was awful! I had the worst headache, which I'm assuming was from the sugar withdrawals. I went yesterday to meet with my surgeon, and I was already down 4 pounds in 3 days. My program recommended the "Nectar" protein shakes, which are AMAZING! I could drink the chocolate truffle shake all day long. I use unsweetened soy milk because it has more protein. I'm 4 days in, and I feel like I can do this. I know it's more mental than anything! How is everyone else's experiences?

What can you have on your diet? We have to stick to the shakes for 2 meals and salad w/protein for supper routine.

I was told to just eat a clean healthy diet. I have been eating meat, low fat cheese, yougurt, veggies, Protein Shakes w/ skim milk, Protein Bars, eggs... There was more stuff I could be eating but this stuff is my favorites so that what I stick to for the most part.

I am scheduled for February 2nd. I start the pre-op diet tomorrow. 3-4 shakes plus broth, SF Jello, SF popsicles. I sorta started a little early. I weaned off of caffeine and carbonated beverages 4 weeks ago. Tues and Weds I had Protein shakes for lunch. Today Protein Shakes for breakfast and lunch. I did have 1 bite of hubby's mac & cheese and 3 bites of BBQ pork.

I plan on having a real meal for dinner and probably one last beer.

I am having surgery at Barix Clinic in Langhorne,PA

I have mine scheduled for the 4th. My pre-op class is on the 27th when I get to find out about what i need to be doing. Little scared since I haven't seen my doctor in over a month.

I'm on day 5, and I promise it gets easier. Yesterday my co-workers had a pot luck, and I sat with them and had my shake and yogurt. Yes, it smelled soooo good, but after I had my shake, I didn't have any cravings. I just kept telling myself, "Focus on what you can have, not what you can't" It has been my mantra. I have found that getting out of my house has helped as well. Staying busy is key! How is everyone else doing?

I'm on day 5, and I promise it gets easier. Yesterday my co-workers had a pot luck, and I sat with them and had my shake and yogurt. Yes, it smelled soooo good, but after I had my shake, I didn't have any cravings. I just kept telling myself, "Focus on what you can have, not what you can't" It has been my mantra. I have found that getting out of my house has helped as well. Staying busy is key! How is everyone else doing?

Day 6 for me and yes, it gets easier! The no sugar/no coffee headache was horrible, but it let up around day 4. Smooth sailing for me so far! I am having an Arbonne chocolate shake for breakfast and lunch then a green salad with tuna or salmon or grilled chicken for supper. I try to eat the salad around 5-6 then have a Special K strawberry shake around 8 while watching tv. Oh, and I started adding 2 teaspoons of chia seeds and 1/2 a banana to my shakes. I think the add ins have really made a difference in making me feel fuller. Going to a restaurant in Galveston tonight to Celebrate a friends birthday. Guido's is famous for their toasted garlic-butter bread rounds, this is going to be brutal! I am going to they to focus on how delicious my iced Water and tossed salad with boiled shrimp is........

I am Feb 4th as well. Been on new direction product for 2 weeks. It is getting easier. Started my journey on nov. 18th and lost 33lbs then an additional 13 since being on the liquid diet. Had my surgery weight goal in as of last Thursday. I am anxious for the big day and wish it would be here already.

Feb 2nd here !! Began my 1000 cal per day diet today for five days ... Then liquids for just 3. Reality is setting in!! So anxious to get this done and behind me! The mini bouts of panic do not help. Feeling positive at the moment - staying away from negativity is key!!