Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All SIPS Patients!

I'm doing OK. I'm getting closer to getting all my fluids and Protein in a day. How are you?

I'm doing very good. I've gotten in my 60 grams of Protein a day. I actually got out and worked in the yard a bit today. Other than a little soreness on my bigger incision, I feel pretty normal! I'm ready for something different to eat...that's my main problem. I've had enough beef broth, cream of no chicken Soup, and Popsicles. I ready to move on to semi-solids but I have to keep reminding myself it's not time yet!

Oh I understand completely. I want yogurt, pudding, and cream of wheat

Great to hear yall are doing so well. I'm very happy with the procedure and 4.5 months out. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Great to hear yall are doing so well. I'm very happy with the procedure and 4.5 months out. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

@@Mojo56 - thanks for your willingness to provide information! Do you remember how long it took before you were able to eat "normal" healthy food? How much have you lost so far?

I'd say post op 8 weeks and I was eating somewhat normal but that depends what you call normal. I mostly eat Protein. Little room for much else. I can eat most anything and have. The worst for me is bread, awful. Carmel popcorn at the holidays made me very sick. Alcohol has been ok, wine, scotch in smaller quantities. If I eat carbs it has negative consequences, bad gas and diarrhea. Typical Breakfast is a slice of bacon and a yougurt, Protein Bar for snack. tuna fish for lunch , another small snack and some kind of Protein for supper. I can tolerate eating veges but by the time you eat your protein there's not much room.

I have lost 74 lbs and have 13 more until I hit my goal. I'm not a big gym person, love being outside so exercise has been tough considering our winter but spring is here!

I am thinking about getting the SIPS procedure done after talking with my surgeon. Originally, I was aiming for the sleeve, but I have a lot of weight to lose. I am scared because I have never had a surgery before and I know it's a newer surgery with research still being done...

Has anyone heard of any complications or deaths from getting SIPS?

I had sips 12/29. I had never had any surgery before either but everything went great. I am down 58 lbs now.

That's awesome! Congrats! How is your quality of life now? Compared to before surgery? Do the scars bother you? How long were you out of work for?

I know exactly how you feel! I'm still on liquids post op, and I've never liked eggs, but found myself looking forward to being able to have scrambled eggs in the future as my fiancé made his breakfast... My brain is messing with me!

Keep in mind that the sips procedure includes the sleeve as well.