Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my lapband in 2005 and since then and still to this day I keep having Hair loss. It falls out quicker than it grows in. My hair is dry, and very ugly. I don't take vitimans like I should but what would be the best route to go? Even when I took my vitimans regular it did nothing good for my hair. I am sick of my scalp showing plus the sides as well. Can anyone help me pls? Thank you

I'm not an expert by any means. I would think you have seen a dermatologist to check your scalp? Some people are destined to have balding. I personally find a few things helpful for my dry thin hair.

1. I take two caps of flaxseed oil daily as well as a multi Vitamin .

2 an hour before I Shampoo, I rub olive oil into my scalp

3 shampoo with Chi shampoo

4. An apple cider rinse, about every two weeks.

the flaxseed oil helps every inch of skin on my body- I swear by that one. I really noticed hair fallout after any surgical procedure, but it slows down between 4-6 months after for me. I was desperately seeking something to help stop the shedding, this routine along with letting my hair air dry, no color, no pulling into a pony tail, especially when wet - in other words, handling gently, has helped tremendously.

Good luck, hope this helps you too

I have ALWAYS been what I call a "shedder". I have thin and fine hair. I had seen a derm before and he suggested rogaine for women. I bought some, used some, didn't notice a huge difference so I basically stopped. It made my scalp itch. Anyway, that was a few years ago. Knowing I am prone to Hair loss, my doc recommended taking Biotin and Multivitamins. I have seen an increase in hair loss but I started using the Rogaine again and whatever I'm doing seems to be helping. But Protein is a MUST to help from losing hair.

Oh, and only slightly connected, I dye my hair purple. It stains my scalp for several days, but I actually don't mind because it makes me look like I have a full head of hair!! ;-)

I like clip in hair. I also mess with half wigs they are so painfully easy.. I grew up braiding in extension and to be real no one knows!! Do you think movie stars all have thick hair.. Nope. I make good side money coloring clip in weaves for a lot of girls ladies honest get some take them to a hairdresser to blend in with your hairstyle they don't have to look like stripper hairstyles ... But they can if you want :0D.